Dressing better

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

^

Nice fit, but thats a WDYWT post, not for this thread bro.
oh my bad thats what i thouht this was...
embarassed.gif
roll.gif

You failed bro.

who cares?!?! he is well put together ... and took the effort to take pictures and post.

if all you are here for is un-necessary lolz ... then maybe there is another thread for you ...

i'm just saaaaaaaaaaayin'

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by quik1987

Some other converse set to release. Hopefully cheap.

consseastarmultigoodyesusethisone.jpg

cons-skate-2010-10.jpg
nice...i would scoop these up for sure...and i'm sure the price point will be good too
pimp.gif

i like the burgundy ones.
pimp.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Any info as far as when/where(link)?  All four of the solid color ones need to be in my life.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by Diego

^

embarassed.gif
roll.gif

You failed bro.

Didn't wj4 posted a pic of wearing Infareds

I know he posts regularly on here but if someone just saw that pic that usually doesn't post, he might think otherwise
He failed also.  But seriously, ksteezy's fit is fine except for those purple foams which don't go with anything.  It reminds me of the workwear look from J. Crew.

just ordered those "sea star " converses, converse.com use "chucks17" in the promo code and get 20% off and free shipping

Belk is having a pretty big sale going on.
I went during lunch and got a Ben Sherman shirt for 21 and some change + plus tax.
Gonna go to the other one when i get off

i need some halp

im wearing 2 pieces of a 3 piece ralph lauren suit(the slacks and the vest,the jacket is unnecessary)

its a medium shade of gray, with some lighter pigmented pinstripes, which im wearing with a black shoe, my dilema is, would it be acceptable to wear a white shirt underneath?
would it be safer to wear a black shirt?

i understand black shoes go with everything
but would a white shirt look out of place?

any help is appreciated

i need some halp

im wearing 2 pieces of a 3 piece ralph lauren suit(the slacks and the vest,the jacket is unnecessary)

its a medium shade of gray, with some lighter pigmented pinstripes, which im wearing with a black shoe, my dilema is, would it be acceptable to wear a white shirt underneath?

any help is appreciated

i need some halp

any help is appreciated

White shirt should be fine and for most cases, you can't go wrong with it.
As for black shirts, I would not recommend wearing it and I'll leave it at that.

Why not wear the jacket though? Seems like a waste of a 3-piece suit, plus having a matching vest and pants might look weird and unrefined without the jacket.

its not exactly a formal situation, id be the only one dressed up if anything,
i just feel like the jacket is over doing it, and kindof unnecessary

im doing a rolled up sleeve to make it a little more casual, but im open to informed suggestions, once again, any help will be appreciated and taken into consideration

^

embarassed.gif
700+ pgs later and "oh my bad thats what i thouht this was" your excuses will not work here bro. *points to the door*

Originally Posted by duckdafraft

^

embarassed.gif
700+ pgs later and "oh my bad thats what i thouht this was" your excuses will not work here bro. *points to the door*
im fairly new on NT and from just browsing thru this thread all i see is dudes posting fits....its really not that serious.
eyes.gif

I think people mis-understand dressing better. i'll illustrate with a few different images i quickly googled. Not the best examples, since i didnt even spend 5 minutes on this ... but i hope you get the idea ...

In my opinion all these folks are "dressing better" Its not only about suits, jackets, pocket squares and skinny a.s.s 511s. Its about how you put everything together, and how those things fit - be it casual, formal dress or sport. Obviously things like jerseys, white tees and gold teeth would not be applicable ...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
(no offense to my gold teeth loving people)

usher-1.jpg

well-dressed-man-with-a-green-hat.jpg

best-dressed-men1-girls-0309-lg.jpg

article-1189713-0524934E000005DC-976_224x643.jpg

91065885JD002_Celebrity_Sig.JPG

In my opinion all these folks are "dressing better" Its not only about suits, jackets, pocket squares and skinny a.s.s 511s. Its about how you put everything together, and how those things fit - be it casual, formal dress or sport. Obviously things like jerseys, white tees and gold teeth would not be applicable ...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
(no offense to my gold teeth loving people)
psnwm.jpg

Like I said in my last post in this thread, there is some fashion snobbery going on in here.

I've seen a lot of fits of celebs that look great and they are rocking a pair of sneakers.  RFX puts together some solid fits but I can't get down with his fascination of boots or footwear for that matter.  Nothing wrong with it, it's his personal preference, I have mine.

Niidawg, props to you.  Not only are you one of the best dressed dudes in this thread your humility is also appreciated.  Respect.

I personally like Ty's outfits because he occassionaly throws in sneakers into his fits.  I still can't get down with the rolled up pants,
laugh.gif
, not my thing and never will be my thing.

Sometimes it seems as if you're not wearing 511's + DB's + JCrew/BR/H&M then you're not "Dressing Better"....
laugh.gif

ksteezy has a solid outfit, although I would've chosen a different pair of sneakers.  Eggplants are simply too bulky and the color scheme is awkward unless you dress like Barney.  Strictly an on court shoe, or a "I'm just rocking basketball shorts all day" shoe.

I understand what you are trying to say, but this is NT.

Everyone wears flannels and kicks nowadays, its the style nowadays.

"Dressing better" a year or two ago may have been wearing a fit flannel type shirt, a change from the baggy clothes and Supreme tees. But now flannels is the norm, "dressing better" IMO isnt just a fitted flannel with fitted jeans anymore.

I hope I did a good job explaining.
laugh.gif

here you go "10 piece"....do i get your approval on this one??....the hell man...at the end of the day is how you pull your style together.....I concider myself dynamic, i dont go out wearing flannels everyday and i dont wear a suit and tie everyday....to be honest my most common fit is a pair of scrubs for work...lol

props to niidawg, from the last few pages ive read, you know how to pull off a really good fit.

everything EXPRESS
2949017261_d171669aaa_b.jpg

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I've seen a lot of fits of celebs that look great and they are rocking a pair of sneakers.  RFX puts together some solid fits but I can't get down with his fascination of boots or footwear for that matter.  Nothing wrong with it, it's his personal preference, I have mine.

laugh.gif
 I just like boots and dress shoes but trust me I do wear sneakers. I actually have way more sneakers than dress shoes or boots, ratio is probably 3-4 pairs of sneakers for every pair of shoes/boots. 
embarassed.gif

Plus come summer, the boots go away and more sneakers will come out and play. I have to enjoy them now while I still can. 

^^
laugh.gif
  There is nothing wrong with that.  Just not my style, guess growing up in SoCal made boots an after thought.  I usually like your outfits, with the exception of footwear, tie usage and those green pants.  Then again I'm conservative when it comes to jeans.

10 Piece Nuggets- Your explanation doesn't make sense, since fashion is built on trends, hence why upcoming fashion lines (Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter) are always posted in this thread.  You're knocking flannels and fitted jeans because it is popular within a demographic.  It doesn't change the fact that it's a solid outfit.  You just happen to like a different trend.  You wouldn't knock RFX's outfit, yet you will be lying to yourself if you want to make yourself believe that epaulets were popping in the fashion world 2 years ago.

Fashion is built on trends.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

^^
laugh.gif
  There is nothing wrong with that.  Just not my style, guess growing up in SoCal made boots an after thought.  I usually like your outfits, with the exception of footwear, tie usage and those green pants.  Then again I'm conservative when it comes to jeans.
I'm in SoCal too, maybe thats why I like them much more now since I rarely got to wear them earlier in my life.
I also like trench coats but it'll probably get 1-2 wears a year here so I've never got to pull myself together to buy one.

Back
Top Bottom