Dressing better

Originally Posted by bkmac

23kidd, thanks for posting the pics of the jacket. I really like how it looks, I am definitely going to my local AE to check it out once this snow clears up a bit.

No problem.

The only con about the jacket is the price, i dont think it deserves the 90$ price tag, but overall a good spring jacket.

My NYE fit:

mail

mail

mail

mail

I need to get a full length mirror asap.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jordman23

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

As for my NYE celebration I'm going to rock a navy blue blazer, a green polka dot pocket square, a light blue spread collar sport shirt, and I'm debating between some dark navy 501s or some khaki cords. I'm undecided on shoes too, but it will either be some desert boots or some loafers.

I'll try and get some pics up later if I have time.
^^ Check your local Macys. I went to the 34th St Herald Square and they had great sales, especially if you use or open your Macys card. They had Tommy Hilfiger corduroys in black,grey,navy,khaki and brown for $20. All sizes below 36 waist were available. They also had slim chinos such as the ones pictured below.

15ft36r.jpg

Well I bought 2 pairs of Red Wings Gentlemans Travelelers for the days I dress up, and since karmaloop had a good sale (40% off + Free Shipping) I decided to get these Palladiums so I won't wear out the Red Wings. Not bad if you ask me.

t8sy0g.jpg

okbc08.jpg

2rp9rfl.jpg

For $49 shipped.

Hopefully I can get my hands on some Indy Aldens.But' with all these sales going on, I doubt I can afford them
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
tired.gif

aya8wl.jpg

Btw, Ksteezy or other who might know, does J.Crew give the 15% to Alden x J.Crew boots?

No, J.Crew does not usually allow discounts of any kind on any third-party items.

How bad are Invicta watches that Amazon sells them for so cheap? I need an everday beater watch and the price point seems right in line for that.

Originally Posted by big mike 13

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

never owned a pair of dress shoes 

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
well i have.. but uglier ones when i was younger to wear with whatever suit i had.. ive been wearing boat shoes and sneakers out mostly
i was thinking about wearing a black pair of pants that fit a bit bigger but is all black (black shoes/shirt/pants) too funeral-*%*?

I think you forgot the word dress but the pants and shoes look nice.

awon23.. theyre kenneth cole mr rights.. i believe theyre 130 retail.. i walked into Kenneth Cole store and they were marked down to 90 with an additional 50% off.. came out to 45 and change

never owned a pair of shoes and i wanted to look a bit nicer this NYE...
do the shoes look too big in comparison to the jeans (damn big feet)? i know my jeans are a bit tight, its hard finding the right leg openings and its too close to nye to find a new pair.
opinions?

Looks like the perfect fit to me. I wish I could pull this look but skinny jeans aren't in the cards for me. Legs too big
frown.gif

pimp.gif
nonetheless.

pPOLO2-8602397_standard_v330.jpg

Can someone please help me out? I have the Ralph Lauren Academy Pea coat and the inside pockets are all sewed in shut. Am I supposed to leave them that way, or can I un-sew them and use them to put my stuff inside. It's really a pain to carry my gloves and iPod with me all the time. The outer pockets and breast pocket is sewed shut too, but I think if I un-sew them the jacket will lose it's shape everytime I put my hands in.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

pPOLO2-8602397_standard_v330.jpg

Can someone please help me out? I have the Ralph Lauren Academy Pea coat and the inside pockets are all sewed in shut. Am I supposed to leave them that way, or can I un-sew them and use them to put my stuff inside. It's really a pain to carry my gloves and iPod with me all the time. The outer pockets and breast pocket is sewed shut too, but I think if I un-sew them the jacket will lose it's shape everytime I put my hands in.
Hahaha yea man you just cut the seams keeping them shut.

big mike 13

Shoes and Jeans look great, you might want to flip the jeans up @ the hem to eliminate toooo much stacking but thats personal preference. Great choice for your first shoes

I think it all depends on what else your rocking with the purple gingham shirt but I love rocking my Navy knitted tie with mine, a black knitted tie would work also. What color shoes are you rocking ??

Originally Posted by tony23retro

Originally Posted by Jordman23

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

As for my NYE celebration I'm going to rock a navy blue blazer, a green polka dot pocket square, a light blue spread collar sport shirt, and I'm debating between some dark navy 501s or some khaki cords. I'm undecided on shoes too, but it will either be some desert boots or some loafers.

I'll try and get some pics up later if I have time.
^^ Check your local Macys. I went to the 34th St Herald Square and they had great sales, especially if you use or open your Macys card. They had Tommy Hilfiger corduroys in black,grey,navy,khaki and brown for $20. All sizes below 36 waist were available. They also had slim chinos such as the ones pictured below.

15ft36r.jpg

Info on cardigan
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I have a question for you guys.

Finally bought my first pair of boat shoes (trying to finally branch out of just wearing Jordans)

My question is are boat shoes always supposed to be rocked without socks? Input would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

Finally bought my first pair of boat shoes (trying to finally branch out of just wearing Jordans)

My question is are boat shoes always supposed to be rocked without socks? Input would be appreciated.
Later Spring/Summer months, w/o socks is good.  Winter months, throw on some socks.

JayBaruchelAugustGQ2.jpg

Thanks again! I got the sweater from J Crew. Anyone have a hook up at j crew? I want this woven really bad the price is pretty steep

Originally Posted by fuzynguyen

What is everyone wearing for NYE? I'm trying to decide whether to wear dress shoes with jeans or not.
Loafers (I guess depending on the look of them) and jeans is fine imo. I wear that combo religiously.

I wish I knew what I was doing for NYE, let alone what I'm wearing
tired.gif

Originally Posted by artysm

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

Later Spring/Summer months, w/o socks is good.  Winter months, throw on some socks.

JayBaruchelAugustGQ2.jpg

Journeys sell some super low cut socks incase youre uncomfortable not wearing socks.

Back
Top Bottom