Dressing better

Originally Posted by Crumps Brother

might be interested in getting a more transitional jacket...anyone see anything similiar to this??...

image1xxl.jpg

i love this Gant Rugger jacket but it's not practical for me to spend what it cost since i would not get that much use out of it between the summer and winter months...anything similar on the cheap??
i have this jacket from Insight..they have them at Swell now marked down to $125, $105 at Tobi

G0002BCK.jpg

LIQ - id suggest the lighter shirt with some navy pants, even some dark denim :smoking

I dropped the Gap sweater for this Crew hoody and the McCallisters for the NB's.... always loved the hooey/blazer combo

5463340568_5a7bea14e2_b.jpg

Thanks fellas, the sweater and skinny tie are black, but the knit tie is navy, that wouldn't be too much blue on top of each other with the blue shirt?

and I was thinking about black pants with my black janoskis

question, anyone own LL Bean boots? They have a 30% off sale, figure now would be the time to add a pair to the stable. I'm just a bit confused as to whether to attempt the 6 or the 8 inch version and what pants to wear with them? any insight would be appreciated lol.

Originally Posted by aceofjays

ksteezy, the general rule of thumb is to match your socks with your slacks, but I say F that. If the colors coincide with your outfit, I say go for it.

Headed to the tailor and to Acquire more Attire(plug).

5462458658_10805560fe_z.jpg

Just got these in; couldn't pass on the $53 price tag

horizontal stretching typically indicate sizing issues. your sleeves are too tight.

are those boots by stacy adams? 

Originally Posted by ksteezy

LIQ - id suggest the lighter shirt with some navy pants, even some dark denim :smoking

I dropped the Gap sweater for this Crew hoody and the McCallisters for the NB's.... always loved the hooey/blazer combo

technically, the ludlow jacket should not be worn as a blazer. it looks (and is) an orphaned jacket. a true blazer is typically made of a more substantial fabric with some surface texture (tweed, burlap, hopsack etc) as well as contrasting buttons (ex brown horn on these). also, it may be my monitor, but the contrast between the jacket and pants is too little. the less said about the NB's the better ... lol.

i woulda gone with a lighter wash jeans to contrast the jacket (while looking for a better gray blazer in tweed or such) and then gone with low profile shoes (claes, opening ceremonies or something of that nature)

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

a few recent tie pickups.

no crazy brands, but i'm on the hunt for nice slim ties.  picked them all from from a few different marshalls/tj maxx.

5461884849_2f3fd8b69c_b.jpg

get rid of the first three, keep the last three.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

ksteezy, the general rule of thumb is to match your socks with your slacks, but I say F that. If the colors coincide with your outfit, I say go for it.

horizontal stretching typically indicate sizing issues. your sleeves are too tight.

Hmm, they don't feel tight at all. I believe it has to do with the material. The tweed is some-what rigid. 
The boots are from ASOS. 

Originally Posted by ksteezy

technically, the ludlow jacket should not be worn as a blazer. it looks (and is) an orphaned jacket. a true blazer is typically made of a more substantial fabric with some surface texture (tweed, burlap, hopsack etc) as well as contrasting buttons (ex brown horn on these). also, it may be my monitor, but the contrast between the jacket and pants is too little. the less said about the NB's the better ... lol.

i woulda gone with a lighter wash jeans to contrast the jacket (while looking for a better gray blazer in tweed or such) and then gone with low profile shoes (claes, opening ceremonies or something of that nature)

Thanks Nii, I wasn't sure there was a difference between a blazer and or a suit jacket...lol, you definately cleared that up for me, I'm assuming you are not a fan of NB's...I personally love them, I think they are very low-key and versatile, but that's my opinion...thanks for the info bro.

Hmm, they don't feel tight at all. I believe it has to do with the material. The tweed is some-what rigid. 
The boots are from ASOS. 

What kinda blazer is that, bro?

Is there a methos to make ur khakis not so wrinkled up.

I think its just the material on my BR khakis but iron them through and wen worn turn pretty wrinkled ..

Gilt just got me good today
laugh.gif
Finally picked up a pair of monk strap suedes along with a few other items.

Back
Top Bottom