Dressing better

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

Great work Nii, Ive been meaning to put together a compilation like this myself soon
nerd.gif

sneakaprince 

I dont mean to interject but your hair should only give you problems with finding a hat. Other than that just wear what you feel comfortable in. As long as its kept clean hair should be the least of your worries.

see thats actually one of the issues I have been notoriously labeled a "hat person" for a long while now. 
Now that I am in the process of growing my hair out I've been trying to find nice fits that allow me to wear a hat and still look nice.

Sidebar: I also tend to get my dreads braided and that also has an affect on the way some of my fits are presented. Its surprisingly hard to give that "casual" look at times while still displaying the wildness that is my hair. 

Lastly I refuse to cut my hair, so if anyone was gonna suggest that let me stop you now... Long hair and yes I really don't care.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by aceofjays

Originally Posted by streetballa2311

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Originally Posted by play2much2004

Originally Posted by MuslimShady

For those looking for some selvedge denim, check your local Urban Outfitters. I picked up a pair of gray selvedge jeans from a brand called Unbranded. The best part was they were on sale for 10 bucks 
pimp.gif

Here's a link to the jeans: http://www.urbanoutfitter...1&CAWELAID=724110008

I'll get some pictures up soon of what they look like

how did you get your pair for $10 and can I get the blue pair for the same/similar price?

This I would like to know also.

They were on a rediculous sale a few months ago because   There is a rumor going around that they will not be making them anymore, or also they may just be making a different cut with a lower rise.  all the unbranded denim were going for like 10 to 20 dollars which to me was a crazy steal for that quality on those denim.  unfortunately alot of them were sold out  in the atlanta area but some places  still had them.. i would love a size 36 grey  tapered in my life if you can get them. 

The Unbranded denim jeans are actually the ones I got tailored a few pages back. 
On a random trip to Urban Outfitters, I checked the sales rack and saw the jeans thinking they'd be around 50 bucks on sale. You can imagine my surprise when I saw they were $9.99.  When I saw they were my size too, it was a done deal.

I was looking for a blue pair but turns out the gray pair that I got was the last pair they had.

^^nice pickups ... a lil bulky so i reckon you are gonna rock them with jeans and khakis (they'll be perfect for those) ... not so much suits.

Originally Posted by cguy610

What are your opinions on this suit
http://www1.macys.com/cat...udoCat=ba-xx-xx-xx.index

There is a Macy's code "PRIVATE25" that brings the suit to about $260.  About to order it tonight, just wanted some opinions from the suit experts on this as far as value, style, price.

i'll pass. Lauren is a lower level RL line; made in Canada. Suits usually come out with padded structured shoulders, REALLY low armholes and fairly average (maybe even poor) construction. For 250 dollars, you can do a lot better. For example ... a made in italy Polo RL suit at the Polo outlet (if you catch them on the PSR racks) are 1800, dropped to a 1000 and then 75% of that = 250. You can stack their 20% off coupon on it and pay 200 for an 1800 suit.

I wont spend 250 on a Lauren suit with that knowledge.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by cguy610

What are your opinions on this suit
http://www1.macys.com/cat...udoCat=ba-xx-xx-xx.index

There is a Macy's code "PRIVATE25" that brings the suit to about $260.  About to order it tonight, just wanted some opinions from the suit experts on this as far as value, style, price.

i'll pass. Lauren is a lower level RL line; made in Canada. Suits usually come out with padded structured shoulders, REALLY low armholes and fairly average (maybe even poor) construction. For 250 dollars, you can do a lot better. For example ... a made in italy Polo RL suit at the Polo outlet (if you catch them on the PSR racks) are 1800, dropped to a 1000 and then 75% of that = 250. You can stack their 20% off coupon on it and pay 200 for an 1800 suit.

I wont spend 250 on a Lauren suit with that knowledge.

Thanks.  I'll wait and continue to look around.  Macy's has the same sales like every other week so it's no hurry. 

Oh yea, also checked out your blog, good stuff.

thinkinFRESH wrote:
sneakaprince 

I dont mean to interject but your hair should only give you problems with finding a hat. Other than that just wear what you feel comfortable in. As long as its kept clean hair should be the least of your worries.

i agree with this. work on fits you like by checking out a bunch of the pictures on the web etc, and developing your personal style out of that. i think your hair should be irrespective of that. and if you keep your hair really well, i wont bother wearing a hat all the time. you are keeping the hair for a reason, so why not show it.

appreciate the advice Nii....

Always wanted to ask where are your ppl from (my pops is Igbo) u got that look to u but I can never be certain

Got a question for you fellas.

How do you determine/create your sneaker rotation? And do you wear your rotation evenly?

My rotation (lately): Varsity VI's, 25th Anniversary XI, Eggplant foams, DMP V's. I don't remember the last time I wore the V's or XI for that matter.

^ man u may have a lil trouble getting a real good answer of that in this thread.... Not saying none of us wear sneakers anymore cuz sure I still do at least half of the week but I know this thread is kinda for individuals getting outta sneaks...

Me personally I still own about 70 pairs of sneakers (trying to get it down to an even 50 so u may have noticed some of my stuff getting sold in B/S forums) but I personally just wear what I like usually when I like and when I feel it looks nice

With what u listed tho and where I am located (OH) I prolly wouldn't wear any of those kicks for at least another month or two. Snow, Ice, Salt, and water do not mix with ice bottoms.

When I was younger I had a don't wear the same shoe back-to-back rule.... As I got older it was wear a couple on the reg and save some for special occasions....

Now its whatever I feel like throwing out... Bad thing about having a fairly large collection is you forget what u already have.... Thats when it starts to become a bit of a prob, I have found DS shoes that I didn't even know I bought, why waste the money?

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

How do you determine/create your sneaker rotation? And do you wear your rotation evenly?

My rotation (lately): Varsity VI's, 25th Anniversary XI, Eggplant foams, DMP V's. I don't remember the last time I wore the V's or XI for that matter.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 I still wear snekaers and let me tell you..WHAT?! just wear what you like man..some days I just feel like wearin the 1's so  i wear them the next day I feel like wearin Chrome 9's.. no one can tell u what sneakers to wear...

sneakaprince: I know what you mean. I stay in NJ, but my campus stays relatively free of ice/salt but I wear my icy soled shoes sparingly

cronic: I realized that after I posted lol, not quite what i was looking for though

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Always wanted to ask where are your ppl from (my pops is Igbo) u got that look to u but I can never be certain
Ghana ... but i get confused for a Naija man all the time.

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

Just wear what suits your style, I personally like variety with fitted clothes, depending on the type of sneaker shoe you hbe to switch up the type of pants, some sneakers don't look right with very tapered jeans as others simply look amazing with a pair of skinnys, I don't worry much about anything else other than how what I got on my feet mathes with my pants/jeans...up top is the least of my worries specially in the summer time....but IMO variety is the key!...dressup one day and the next pull out your jays/foams/airmaxes NThat

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Ghana ... but i get confused for a Naija man all the time.

pimp.gif
 Fellow Ghanian here too. Nice outfits man.

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

aceofjays

On your next order pick up a pair of the " Vintage Chinos " they are 30$ and well worth it, styled after officer chinos from the 1950's.. my go to khakis for 2-3 years ... I have about 4-5 pairs .... they come in Khaki, Gray and Blk
pimp.gif
... sz down one on the waist if you do for a perfect fit.

Yoooo those are actually the pants I bought. I was considering the Washed Chinos too, do you know how they differ from the Vintage ones?

Appreciate the comments fellas!

DEMIZE: The shoes are Clarks desert boots in the new navy color.

Kingofnewark: The coat is from Old Navy and I got it taken in for a better fit.

Back
Top Bottom