Dressing better

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

For my college graduation, I'm thinking of going with a Light Grey 3 piece suit.

Any tips on brands? Sizing (I'd like it slim)?

I've never seen someone wear a suit to graduation...usually it's just slacks a shirt and a tie since you wear a gown over it. And then afterwards you just lose the gown. 

Originally Posted by Three00ZeeX

Originally Posted by mustbefire

tailored black and blue oxford shirts are $19.95 over at moderntailor.com

nice, think im going to order one of each. niidawg or someone with experience with tailored shirts could you take a look at the ordering process and comment on pleats, placket vs. no placket, etc... basically the things we dont have to worry about buying shirts ready made. thanks

also does anyone know the quality of these shirts? and i usually buy slim fitting, should i do the same w/ these guys? im 5'11'' 175lbs

thanks

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

For my college graduation, I'm thinking of going with a Light Grey 3 piece suit.

I've never seen someone wear a suit to graduation...usually it's just slacks a shirt and a tie since you wear a gown over it. And then afterwards you just lose the gown. 

Well, I wanna get a grey suit anyway. Planning on wearing the Pants + Vest to ceremonies.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree w/ this. I've seen many people wear suits. majority of people wear slacks and a shirt, but many people wear a suit...hell some people wears shorts and flip flops
30t6p3b.gif

I personally wore slacks and a shirt. remember its YOUR day wear whats comfortable for you, and think of the weather in your area. saying that i knew a couple people who wore suits b/c their outfit was a gift from their parents and they saw it as a way to get a suit for their future careers.

Originally Posted by generaiya

Originally Posted by illmatickal

Ordered a new bag (Jack Spade Wool Felt Back Pack) via Gilt last night. $125 after credits 
pimp.gif
 Found it by chance while browsing last nights sales under "You would also love" 

That bag is amazing. Generaiya appreciates the "You would also love" part of the site. Excellent strategy.
Do you always respond in third person?
laugh.gif

Well, I wanna get a grey suit anyway. Planning on wearing the Pants + Vest to ceremonies.

I've never seen someone wear a suit to ceremonies...usually it's just clacks a shirt and a tie since you wear a gown over it. And then afterwards you just lose the gown.

nice, think im going to order one of each. niidawg or someone with experience with tailored shirts could you take a look at the ordering process and comment on pleats, placket vs. no placket, etc... basically the things we dont have to worry about buying shirts ready made. thanks

This is wrong. a test shirt is available in black or white only at that price... the shirts cost more than 19.99.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

This is wrong. a test shirt is available in black or white only at that price... the shirts cost more than 19.99.

i see black and blue oxford available

Originally Posted by Dr LukeMartin

Originally Posted by Numberr97

Me to school to give a speech.. blurry iPhone picture.
You never wear the same color sweater with same color boots. Its a unwritten code. Both items look nice, but would have been better if worn differently

i just bought a plaid classic fit ralph lauren shirt and I want to wear it as a sport shirt but the length on the back is 
sick.gif
. have any you guys taken a dress shirt to the tailor to turn it into a sport shirt? should i just return it?

ToJ's 2011 DR
New version of the moto and bomber coming out soon too, this (these 
embarassed.gif
) might be my first ToJ.

qxoqco.jpg

9rki6g.jpg
2rnekhc.jpg

2mznlx.jpg
r1frdk.jpg

142051d1253497850-cider-potassium-sorbate-homer-drool.gif

Originally Posted by neukicks

The Clarks Desert boot was at my local nordstrom rack(Dulles, Virginia), sizes 9-11 all colors, $59.99, may wanna check yours to see if they have them. 
i think those are the bushacres though that are at the rack right?  at least around my way they are anyway.

anybody have experience/reviews of Theory suits?

i've got some serious mixed feelings from SF (go figure right lol)

Originally Posted by CJ003

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree w/ this. I've seen many people wear suits. majority of people wear slacks and a shirt, but many people wear a suit...hell some people wears shorts and flip flops
30t6p3b.gif

I personally wore slacks and a shirt. remember its YOUR day wear whats comfortable for you, and think of the weather in your area. saying that i knew a couple people who wore suits b/c their outfit was a gift from their parents and they saw it as a way to get a suit for their future careers.

Minimum should be slacks and shirt. I guess it depends on the weather too. At my graduation it was about 50 degrees in the morning and then by noon it was 90+. People wearing shorts and flip flops though SMH

Originally Posted by scshift

About when did y'all start to dress better?

I'm in high school and I'm always at the gym or playing ball so I don't have the money or time to dress nicely. Everyday it's a hoodie, t-shirt, sweat pants and some fly kicks. The shoes are the only "good" part of my outfit. I do dress up when I have to go to a formal event or an interview though.

Around Sophomore year in college.  It's a gradual process, don't worry about nice suits and shoes as high school student.  You'll have all your life to wear that stuff.  I feel like a lot of people look silly making jump straight from streetwear/basic clothes to wearing all this stuff.  It take's a while.

Originally Posted by soyerwill

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Originally Posted by kwh3

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

Originally Posted by generaiya

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by kwh3

Can anybody recommend me a pair of white tennis shoes to wear with jeans. Something like this.

11290sj.jpg
These are
pimp.gif

Anymore suggestions? Something thats not an authentic please. Thanx.

what brand are these?
Generaiya believes there is a Nike swoosh on the sneaker
nerd.gif

Price and link to cop?!
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
Pretty much OOS everywhere, I've been trying to find a pair myself.
Ya'll slept on these shoes, they came out well over a year ago.  You can still probably find them at some online stores or maybe try your local skate shops. 
Ya, i got these at a local skate shop. That was only a few months after they came out though.. Good luck
If anyone spots them at a local shop in a size 13, get at me please.

Originally Posted by RFX45

ToJ's 2011 DR
embarassed.gif
) might be my first ToJ.

qxoqco.jpg

9rki6g.jpg
2rnekhc.jpg

2mznlx.jpg
r1frdk.jpg

142051d1253497850-cider-potassium-sorbate-homer-drool.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I've been looking to cop a Motorcycle jacket that would actually fit to my specifications.

I'm guessing the price is in the $600-$700 range?

What other pieces is ToJ dropping for the Spring?

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

Originally Posted by RFX45

ToJ's 2011 DR
embarassed.gif
) might be my first ToJ.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I've been looking to cop a Motorcycle jacket that would actually fit to my specifications.
I'm guessing the price is in the $600-$700 range?

What other pieces is ToJ dropping for the Spring?
Price of the 2011 DRs are around $710 shipped iirc.
There seems to be a 2011 bomber and moto coming out, new pics will probably surface friday.
I'm waiting to see those before ordering, hoping for a collared moto.

Back
Top Bottom