Drinking from plastic water bottles raises level of bisphenol-A chemical in body by 70%.

Hey_

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Originally Posted by Julius Wrek

I think I'll invest in a Klean Kanteen soon.

Julius F. Wrek
With all the hypebeasting that goes on in the world I thought more people would be up on Sigg or Klean Kanteens by now.

Sigg.

w142076246.jpg

Klean Kanteen.
1307.jpg

I think Dirty posted someting about Sigg bottles having something wrong with 'em.

Julius F. Wrek

Yea...something about the plastic lining in them making the water taste plasticy or rubber hose-like I think

But I'm pretty sure the pressure is on them from these Go Green activists to get that fixed asap.

If it hasn't already been fixed.

I got a few of these that I got at the Nike Outlet last year for like $3 each.

[Kanye] Love em [/Kanye]

NSWB1ALL-GR.jpg

And paying $1 every single meal (or even one a day) for a water bottle is just stupid to me.

Unless you're like really thirsty or something.

Buy a Brita filter or go the damn water cooler and fill up that water bottle.

Save money.

pimp.gif

you ain't ever lied Cid.

I gotta get up on that kleen Kanteen stuff, Dirty was raving about it earlier in the year. The thing with me is that I try to stay as healthy as possible, Icut out all red meat, cut out bread, eat organic about 60% of the time and that whole jive but who knows if in a couple years they say that all healthy eatingis bad for you too. It's getting real impossible to know how to take care of yourself in this world.

Can we even trust things that say that their USDA organic?

My vices right now are drinking vitamin water, and I guess eating some progresso soup from time to time...

I believe the Sigg canteen's were recalled as my co-worker went in to get a replacement.

However, aren't Nalgene bottles BPA Free? At least I could of swore that is what the sticker said when I got mine.

on a side note: May be out of ignorance but I could of swore the amazing part about aluminum is that it was a strong low cost material....those damn bottlescan go for upwards of $20 a pop. My dang bottle was like 8 bucks which I still consider a tad out there in price.

why do people get concerned about others drinking water bottles with their self righteous tap water.

i live in ny arguably the best tap int he U.S. and it sucks compared to poland spring / deer park. my friend filled up a poland spring once with tap put it inthe fridge for himself and offered it to me when i was drunk.... tasted disgusting i can tell the difference.

i like bottled water and aint ever gonna stop.

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Originally Posted by KingLouisXIV

http://www.kleankanteen.com/

K27PPS-OB_cart_preview.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS
capacity: 27 fluid ounces (800 ml)
weight: 6.125 ounces (w/o cap)
size: 9" H (w/o cap) x 2.75" W
opening diameter: 1.75" (44 mm)
made of 18/8, food-grade stainless steel, no liner needed reusable & 100% recyclable
FEATURES
BPA-free & eco-friendly
made of 18/8, food-grade stainless steel, no liner needed
doesn't retain or impart flavors
slim design fits in most cup holders
fits in the Kanteen[emoji]8482[/emoji] Bike Cage
rounded corners are easy to clean with no hard angles where dirt, germs or bacteria can stick
stainless steel threads
fits large ice cubes
BPA-free polypropylene (pp#5) caps
stainless Loop and Flat accessory caps are available
dishwasher safe(colored bottles should be hand-washed)
$17.95
In 30 years they'll tell us that this thing causes cancer or something.

Klean Kanteen? Did a Kappa create this company
laugh.gif

Alright guys we need to find the best waterbottle out there that isn't harmful for your health...

So is there a consensus that Klean Kanteen is the way to go, because even though Naglene and Camelbak have started using the Tritan polymer for thier bottleswhich is BPA free, how long will we have to wait till they tell us it causes a disease...

After reviewing for about half hour I've only seen good stuff from Klean Kanteen...

Since my 1st post....I have 3 Kleen Kanteens now

The Sigg post was highlighting that they DO contain BPA(which is bad for you)

So dirty what top for the klean kanteen do you suggest and what size do you use. I'll probably only use mine for college, so should I stick with a 27 oz.with the sport cap?

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

http://www.kleankanteen.com/

K27PPS-OB_cart_preview.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS
capacity: 27 fluid ounces (800 ml)
weight: 6.125 ounces (w/o cap)
size: 9" H (w/o cap) x 2.75" W
opening diameter: 1.75" (44 mm)
made of 18/8, food-grade stainless steel, no liner needed reusable & 100% recyclable
FEATURES
BPA-free & eco-friendly
made of 18/8, food-grade stainless steel, no liner needed
doesn't retain or impart flavors
slim design fits in most cup holders
fits in the Kanteen[emoji]8482[/emoji] Bike Cage
rounded corners are easy to clean with no hard angles where dirt, germs or bacteria can stick
stainless steel threads
fits large ice cubes
BPA-free polypropylene (pp#5) caps
stainless Loop and Flat accessory caps are available
dishwasher safe(colored bottles should be hand-washed)
$17.95
In 30 years they'll tell us that this thing causes cancer or something.

These are a %+%%# to wash.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

So dirty what top for the klean kanteen do you suggest and what size do you use. I'll probably only use mine for college, so should I stick with a 27 oz. with the sport cap?
I use the 27 oz one. the bigger one doesn't fit your cup holder

While acute toxic poisoning isn't the average experience related to ingesting chemicals that leach into our foods, the point of this post is mainly to highlight the reality that we are all consuming measurable amounts of synthetic chemical products in our every day lives.

I think society needs to internalize the realities, the consequences of mass consumption of petrochemicals. I understand it's difficult to look past the convenience of plastic, but perhaps the impact of plastic pollution on human health and the environment can motivate a movement towards reducing consumption and demanding better alternatives.
Im def going to watch my plastic use. I guess im going to have to chill on drink for the corner store. haha

Its going to be a while until they stop bottling with plastic, they will lose out on to much money changing up.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Who knows how many times I've used a water fountain in my life not to mention everytime I'm @ a track or gym to fill up a plastic bottle. Ha, I never get sick if it matters. I really think idc about any of this kind of news anymore. Even Multi vitamins are bad for you/companies lie about label claims. Are cell phones still ok? W/e happen to causes brains tumors or w/e from back in the day?
ortho-core!!

^point is that there is an increasing trend in the amount of autism and developmental disorders in kids these days...

you have to wonder why that is.... if by limiting one's plastic exposure can help my future kid... then I'm going to do it.

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Originally Posted by infamousod

how healthy are water fountains? I'm stuck in an office most of the day it's either plastic bottles in my fridge or refill a bottle from the water
fountain.

it's gonna turn into the 18th century where you'll have to drink beer cause it's the cleanest beverage that won't make you sick (unless you
drink too much)
Water fountains are pretty clean. But I still don't like to drink out of them.

I keep thinking people coulda sneezed on them, especially little kids.

Get a few people to sign a petition or request form and ask for a water cooler. That's what we did at work.

the water in em ain't that clean

and I can't get a water cooler where I'm at but those are in plastic coolers anyway.

Back
Top Bottom