Driving With No Insurance.. Worth The Risk?

infraredx37

Banned
Today is a family cookout and I feel like stuntin' through there (Just got the whip last week, no fam has really seen it yet).

I've got temp tags. In the event that I did get pulled over, would they ask for insurance? I always hear the "License and Registration". If they found out I didn't have insurance what would they do?

Today is a family cookout and I feel like stuntin' through there (Just got the whip last week, no fam has really seen it yet).

I've got temp tags. In the event that I did get pulled over, would they ask for insurance? I always hear the "License and Registration". If they found out I didn't have insurance what would they do?

what kind of car? NVM - saw another post saying you drive a G35....

I wouldn't drive without insurance...up to you though.

I think it's a %%%**%*$% move - especially if you happen to get into an accident.

what kind of car? NVM - saw another post saying you drive a G35....

I wouldn't drive without insurance...up to you though.

I think it's a %%%**%*$% move - especially if you happen to get into an accident.

not worth it.

True story....

My friend was driving without insurance, got into a accident and left the scene( idiot ) and he has a suspended license for about 5 years, spent 2 weeks in jail, and has a bunch of fines. I guess he amounted to that much because of stupidity, but if anything happens, pay your stuff.

you goin straight to jail if you get caught.

and they already know if you have insurance or not when they run your tags.

not worth it.

True story....

My friend was driving without insurance, got into a accident and left the scene( idiot ) and he has a suspended license for about 5 years, spent 2 weeks in jail, and has a bunch of fines. I guess he amounted to that much because of stupidity, but if anything happens, pay your stuff.

what happens if you dont have insurance and you get into an accident and its not your fault??

what happens if you dont have insurance and you get into an accident and its not your fault??

Originally Posted by seniosoul

even with temp tags?

Originally Posted by seniosoul

even with temp tags?

Nothing happens. Give em your license and registration and they'll give you a dismissible ticket for having no insurance.

Nothing happens. Give em your license and registration and they'll give you a dismissible ticket for having no insurance.

If you drive with no insurance you are asking for it - you are a piece of @*@% point blank...

It means you don't have the money to afford it and are putting other innocent people that you could possibly hit or injure at risk b/c of your selfishness. I am not directing this directly at you Infrared b/c I don't know the reasons for you not having insurance.

BUT - being that I am an actuary for a large insurance company I see these stories everyday where something happens and no it leaves all kinds of people in bad situations, be it lawsuits, injuries or just being out your damaged car.

If you don't have insurance yet either

A. you can't afford to drive
B. you are lazy and haven't purchased it - you can get online quotes within seconds

With how inexpensive it is for insurance I just don't see how someone would drive without it - I mean at the very least be legal and get liability for other people's well being if you mess up and hit someone.

ALSO to answer the guys question above about having no insurance and someone else hits you and it is their fault - well assuming the at fault party has insurance then they would pay for your reasonable damages (now you might get a ticket from the police if they are called), but the at fault parties' insurance would pay

It is similar to the argument I hear all the time, "BUT THEY WERE PARKED ILLEGALLY." What people don't understand is that you still can't hit someone's car or damage their property b/c they are illegally parked or do not carry insurance. That doesn't give you the right to do so...

If you drive with no insurance you are asking for it - you are a piece of @*@% point blank...

It means you don't have the money to afford it and are putting other innocent people that you could possibly hit or injure at risk b/c of your selfishness. I am not directing this directly at you Infrared b/c I don't know the reasons for you not having insurance.

BUT - being that I am an actuary for a large insurance company I see these stories everyday where something happens and no it leaves all kinds of people in bad situations, be it lawsuits, injuries or just being out your damaged car.

If you don't have insurance yet either

A. you can't afford to drive
B. you are lazy and haven't purchased it - you can get online quotes within seconds

With how inexpensive it is for insurance I just don't see how someone would drive without it - I mean at the very least be legal and get liability for other people's well being if you mess up and hit someone.

ALSO to answer the guys question above about having no insurance and someone else hits you and it is their fault - well assuming the at fault party has insurance then they would pay for your reasonable damages (now you might get a ticket from the police if they are called), but the at fault parties' insurance would pay

It is similar to the argument I hear all the time, "BUT THEY WERE PARKED ILLEGALLY." What people don't understand is that you still can't hit someone's car or damage their property b/c they are illegally parked or do not carry insurance. That doesn't give you the right to do so...

Originally Posted by INFRAREDx37

If you have temp tags then you're fine ..
you just have to get insurance before the Temp Tags expire ..

Police can put the tag thru the computer and your name willl pop up

Long as you have registration with the car in your name

Back
Top Bottom