DS OG 13's??

I just came across a pair of DS OG Playoff (All-Star) 13's on eBay for a price I couldn't believe. OG box and hadn't even been laced up. Immediately jumped on. Now I'm in the nervous, too good to be true head space lol. My main question is are OG 13's still wearable in this day and age? Granted I know OG's 13's are tanks but most may need a touch of barge cement(?) Excited.

I just came across a pair of DS OG Playoff (All-Star) 13's on eBay for a price I couldn't believe. OG box and hadn't even been laced up. Immediately jumped on. Now I'm in the nervous, too good to be true head space lol. My main question is are OG 13's still wearable in this day and age? Granted I know OG's 13's are tanks but most may need a touch of barge cement(?) Excited.
Wearable most likely not the shoe from 97, the glue would have definitely worn out by now so a reglue would have to be done and maybe the zoom pads in the heel and forefoot could have disintegrated over time so a sole swap might need to be done also but congrats on your pick up I would keep them for show maybe hang a jersey over them for a display

Thank you for the info. Super excited. I want to wear them in all honesty lol just because I got them for an amazing price but they are a work of art nonetheless. Keeping them DS isn’t a bad idea at all just because they’re a great piece of history.

Last edited:
Highly doubt it. Like the above post states there are too many components that fail or fall apart without use. It’s been 23 years since that shoe dropped.

Awesome pick up! I agree though that they would not be good to wear. Think about it. They were made 22 or 23 years ago based on production date!

Congrats on your pickup! Although I just say now you are officially going to be ruined on 13s from now on 😂
Seriously though the shape and quality in original 13s is insane. I still have 5 DS pairs in 9.5 and I’ve worn 3 of them gingerly in my house while playing video games and stuff, and all three have almost immediately become unglued at the midsole. The phylon material of the midsole don’t break down and degrade though so if you can glue or if you know someone who can then you’ll be able to enjoy them as they were new :smile: the fit of og 13s insane too. Enjoy man.

Want to find someone that can glue asap. Granted I'd wear them maybe 1-2 times but these NEED to be on my feet at least once lol

Although I just say now you are officially going to be ruined on 13s from now on 😂
Seriously though the shape and quality in original 13s is insane. the fit of og 13s insane too.
This is why I have a problem with the crappy retro of the 13. A lot of people don’t realize what trash JB is giving us with the 13 now. They really need to stop disrespecting the 13 like NOW.

Also, they don’t even do the tongue right on the retros. They recently started to get the 3 tongue right. Finally!

Any shoe that has stayed DS for years and years is vulnerable to crumbling as soon as you unds them pretty sure.

Congrats on your pickup! Although I just say now you are officially going to be ruined on 13s from now on 😂
Seriously though the shape and quality in original 13s is insane. I still have 5 DS pairs in 9.5 and I’ve worn 3 of them gingerly in my house while playing video games and stuff, and all three have almost immediately become unglued at the midsole. The phylon material of the midsole don’t break down and degrade though so if you can glue or if you know someone who can then you’ll be able to enjoy them as they were new :smile: the fit of og 13s insane too. Enjoy man.
Yes the quality I truly miss. I still have my OG 13s that last time I tried can still wear. Something about wearing the hell out of them years ago prevents them from crumbling. I wonder what the science is behind that lol

But the leather on my OGs is incredible quality compared to the crap now. >D

Stand up in them let them absorb your body weight for like 20-30 minutes then rock em. The sole will probably separate after a bit of wear then do what was suggested and reglue. Separating the sole off top to reglue is a bad idea.

Didn’t expect them in this soon but they’re here. The quality on them is still immaculate 22 years later. The shape of original 13’s is out of this world. Truly ahead of their time.

Deadstock 1998 Air Jordan 13 Black/True Red-White “Playoff”

854074DB-9A32-486A-9730-AC90A1B280AC.jpeg

70AC6687-34A0-4308-9D1C-7836A719E73B.jpeg

70AF9354-00E5-4CB2-B03C-0C9CF96AF8A0.jpeg

1DA2D9EE-18F9-4E02-8407-22655B615B20.jpeg

C66F7632-AEB1-46E5-B661-AA3A5B6ACF9D.jpeg

2E3F73A3-C94A-4825-B6BF-263338FF42AB.jpeg

0FCE4815-E392-474F-81D7-A76612DBBD47.jpeg

A9FC53AF-3AB0-4392-A288-840CF3E538F7.jpeg

Don't wear them. I collect DS OG shoes and 13s are notoriously bad with midsole separation from where the midsole hits the upper especially around the toe. I've worn all star 13s like yours gingerly and they separated. You can glue them back. Or buy the 2011 version which I rock.

Also, here are my HGG for reference
13_1.jpg

The irony! I just posted my DS OG All Stars... I’m never going to wear them. They are still 10/10 condition
No reason to keep them around anymore

Don't wear them. I collect DS OG shoes and 13s are notoriously bad with midsole separation from where the midsole hits the upper especially around the toe. I've worn all star 13s like yours gingerly and they separated. You can glue them back. Or buy the 2011 version which I rock.

Also, here are my HGG for reference
13_1.jpg

Those are gorgeous. I’m just in love with the shape of OG 13’s. I’ve never been an OG snob but the recent shape of the 13’s after 2005 have been so off and even ‘05’s are odd looking compared to the OG. With that being said these have to be worn...

Dope, what did you end up paying for them?

$300 shipped. Insane considering retail prices today are almost the same.

The leather in the side panels look amazing :nerd:

They are crazy plush. My first time even seeing an OG playoff in person. It’s making me really appreciate the craftsmanship Nike used to put on these and take a hard look at what we’re getting now. Was looking forward to the upcoming retro of the Flints like crazy but the more I kept looking at pics of the retro something seemed off. How pronounced the tongue liner is, the long shape. Even the blue still looks off. They’re like 85% Flint 13’s but they ain’t THE Flint 13’s....

....got DS OG Flints coming in tomorrow :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom