dude decides to clean bbq and finds...

eek.gif
Wow, wasn't expecting that!

Originally Posted by spriigan8

looking at that hive, I got chills all over my body. There's something about honeycombs that gross me out
lol same here. Is there any scientific explanation to this?

I would have flipped out. Crazy to see though, wonder how they developed and how long there were there for.

Originally Posted by Inspectorgadget13

Originally Posted by spriigan8

looking at that hive, I got chills all over my body. There's something about honeycombs that gross me out
lol same here. Is there any scientific explanation to this?
The internal structures of the hive comprise a densely packed matrix of hexagonal cells made of beeswax, called a honeycomb. The cells are used for storage of food (honey and pollen), and for housing the "brood" (eggs, larvae, and pupae).
Worker bees of a certain age will secrete beeswax from a series of glands on their abdomens. They use the wax to form the walls and caps of the comb. As with honey, beeswax is gathered for various purposes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beehive_(beekeeping)

Honey BBQ FTW!!!!!
pimp.gif

even though a honeycomb isn't that nasty, it still gave me the chills for some reason.
embarassed.gif

What if he didn't notice the noise and just pulled the cover back
eek.gif
eek.gif

You should serve the honey to your guests, then proceed to tell them them the story and show the pics.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

He's damn lucky they were under the cover and he didn't get swarmed.
This $!%% happened to me in elementary school. We were out at recess and some !#$#+$@ that lived in a house right by the school thought it wouldbe a good idea to knock down this huge beehive in his backyard. All of a sudden there were like thousands of bees flying through the playground. Thank God theydidn't hang around and flew away quickly...

Oh, and this same guy (like three weeks later) shot a $#+%%+* crow that was hanging out on a power line right above his fence. At the time I thought it wascool, but that bird was
sick.gif
Bullet went in his *$% and out his beak
smh.gif
Ialways wondered if that guy got in trouble for that, but never found out...certainly he did...

Back
Top Bottom