Dudes who keep a personal journal/diary

ive always wanted to try this....but never got around to doing it

but i feel like the only times i think of doing this or starting it is when im depressed....
i think it could improve my writing skills too...but writing a journal kinda sounds like youre talking to yourself
and once you get used to doing something...it takes over you without you noticing...so it feels like im gonna act differently ala weirdo person on the subwaytype guy in the future lol

Originally Posted by DtotheD

isnt that what twitter is for?

I dont do this often, hell rarely, but

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by SWOBOYdeHTEEZY

Honestly, I see a journal as pointless unless you're writing with the intention of letting someone else read it.

Why are you writing to yourself? Can't you just think to yourself?

Question--do you remember everything you think of?...Chances are no...that said, this is the reason why I keep a journal.

I'm always getting ideas for future (art) projects and often times, these ideas will come to me at inconvenient moment like when I'm on the train, orjust traveling about. Having my journal allows me to record and/or make a note of these ideas for later reference, and elaboration, when the time is moreopportune and convenient. That's why I keep a journal--and it's always with me when I'm traveling/moving about.

Also to OP, it doesn't have to a "daily" thing. As previously stated, or rather--alluded to--I have no control over when an idea will dawn uponme, as I have no control over my environment and what goes on in that environment so my writing is greatly more sporadic than it is routine. Chances are,that's what might happen for you unless you live the type of life, within the type of environment, where crazy and exciting shhhh alwayshappens...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I bought a sketchbook to serve as my sort of "journal" like Antigen mentioned. I try to always have it with me so I can visualize, or at least note,an idea that will go through my head.

And by the way,

moleskin.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by samanthajonez

a guy keeping a journal is sus. like they said blog as a form of venting.

Off-topic
Why do you have a "Places To Visit Before You Turn 100" section in your profile? Can't do any of that after you are 100? Don't you need alist for after you are 100? Since it's already a given?

I had a journal of a few events that happened during my first year in college. Never really wrote much in it though. One of my friends keeps a dream journal soeverytime he wakes up he writes down his dreams. Sounds like a sick idea since most people forget their dreams a few minutes after they wake up. I'm justtoo lazy to start one up

indifferent.gif

vamxl.gif

Men, and women, have been keeping journals, and diaries, long before the internet, and blogs, were created--so how about you crawl back to w/e PYP thread youcame out off before you type any more of your nonsense...

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

indifferent.gif

vamxl.gif

Men, and women, have been keeping journals, and diaries, long before the internet, and blogs, were created--so how about you crawl back to w/e PYP thread you came out off before you type any more nonsense...

mauryohsnaps.gif

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Originally Posted by SWOBOYdeHTEEZY

Honestly, I see a journal as pointless unless you're writing with the intention of letting someone else read it.

Why are you writing to yourself? Can't you just think to yourself?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

@your sig
That episode is hilarious! Curb Your Enthusiasm is a great show!
roll.gif
roll.gif

hmmmm.. never thought of this...

only time i did it, was when keeping a journal was a required assignment in elementary school.

i sorta/kinda got one...i write in it when im sad. the pages are really long and when i feel down i just write whatever goes on the paper and usually end rightbefore the page ends. havent wrote in it in a while. last entry was about my ex and how she finally had sex wiid someone else. i was a major simp, im glad impast that!

keep a diary and one day, your diary will keep you.

our thoughts are constantly in flux, affected by things we see and experience. also so many thoughts go through our heads that we oft forget them...

i've tried diaries but those dont really work...yknow where you sit down and intend on writing something...whenever i have a thought that is kind ofinteresting i jot it down in this notebook that i carry around... i'm very glad i've been doing this
smile.gif

I used to keep a personal journal back in 6th grade, but I stopped once someone went through my bag and started reading it.
smh.gif

I almost cried that day. I grabbed it before they were able to get to the second half of the page. All of my work was destroyed, after that.

Now, I just use a blog for some thoughts.

I decided to start yesterday just simply jotting down notes on the day. It felt like I had so much to say. Might of been I was just writing everything down indetail. Kinda felt good, cussing out that douce bag professor.

not really but i write interesting stuff that i see on my way home and make up stories and fake lives for people that i see on the train.
grin.gif

is that weird
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

That's perfectly acceptable and it's good for your mind and memory.

Nothing wrong with it at all.

Back
Top Bottom