DUNE (new film incoming, love the book, also loved the multiple Lynch versions)

Curious how the changes from the source material will impact the 3rd movie

Been stressful at work the last days. I called in and caught a matinee at 9am solo today :lol:

movie was fire. easily the best sci-fi movie i’ve seen in hella long. movie adaptations don’t always land and interpretations can be a slipper slope, but the story telling, acting, cinematography, the score, the pacing…everything was hitting on all cylinders man.

movie was so damn good, it even made the first one better.

2 hour 45 minutes and i wanted more.

Just copped tickets for viewing #2 on imax for Sunday. Was trying to get the 70mm imax but all shows for Sunday evening sold out in the good area so settled for amc imax.

Told the wife I wanted to see it again and she was hesitant….so I might be solo on this viewing.

:lol:

GHxkpaAWgAAlXKV

With Star Wars especially I don’t think they’ve done anywhere near enough to move beyond the original trilogy and those core characters in spite of how much material is available
I don't think it would work because people ***** and moan whenever anything detours even slightly from what THEIR vision and opinion of the universe is. You can't make a standalone Star Wars film because the source material is over powering and its fans are fanatical.

Even with this Dune movie, some book and david lynch fanboys are mad at the interpretation of Paul's character. Star Wars would be infinitesimally worse.

I’ve read stupid comments about how Andor is not star wars and it’s so boring. Someone even said secret invasion was a way better show. :rofl:

It’s an impossible battle to argue with people that stupid. They just wanna eat glue and enjoy lightsaber sound effects on their tv.

I dont wanna compare, but the obvious beats of where Star Wars got their inspiration from was pretty cool to see.

The Mouse will never allow for Star Wars to be in this echelon of Sci-Fi unless Dune actually blows up the box office.

As of now, its sitting at $189m which is pretty damn good. hopefully it will have some legs to carry through a few weeks because word of mouth has been positive, but WarnerBrothers are releasing Kong/Godzilla in a few weeks, which is weird that they put both these movies out pretty close to each other.

I don’t get Zendaya’s appeal with grown men. She looks like a 14 year old.

Jeffrey Epstein vibes.
you're just getting old my friend.

Also you're probably mixing fantasy with reality given the fact her memorable roles are as high school student and you forget she's 27. Like would you say the same about Jenna Ortega?

I don’t get Zendaya’s appeal with grown men. She looks like a 14 year old.

Jeffrey Epstein vibes.

I think there's something about women that have a feline quality that is attractive to men.

She has very striking facial features and she looks amazing when she's made up but I don't see the sex appeal personally.

zendaya has no curves. timmy saw florence at least got something and made a choice.

Back
Top Bottom