Dunk FAQ. Please read and contribute.

I'll add something. You're not cool and you don't have inside info if you post stuff from Hypebeast.com or any other known and similar shoe website. Most of the time, they get their info from here on Niketalk, and when they don't and it's something new, people usually post from their immediately. It's crazy how people continue posting week old Hypebeast pics/info, then they start to say things like "I'm surprised nobody posted these" or they start giving info like they're the source. Everybody please leave that to the Ekins, Timbos, JMs, etc.

ALSO, maybe make a heading that says ATTN: JB Forum Members, read first before you ask when XXX release---its getting idiotic really. Or something like "please read the stickies and the topics from at least the last 3 pages before you post asking questions or sharing "new" info."

Lastly, realize that unlike in the Jordan world, hyping up shoes does have an adverse affect of pricing. No matter how much hype there is for say the Black/UNC XIV (>>>than Tiffany SBs btw), stores will still have to charge retail. NOT THE CASE with SBs. Skate shops charge whatever they want. Do not be so naiive to doubt that they collude and guage pricing off Niketalk hype and the amount of calls they receive asking about when XXX drops. Notice the 27 page long Tiffany SB post and the lack of an "official" post for the shy pinks that just released. In a JB world, the shy pinks would have retailed for more than the Tiffs just because they're highs and the Tiffs are lows. But not here. Because of that Tiffany post and the million other ones that show up everyday, the Tiffanys will undoubtedly retail for $175-300, which is $105-230 more than the shy pinks generally retailed for: $70 for those too lazy to do math. So if you like an SB dunk, honestly, shut up: every post is like a buck added to the MSRP of $65 and $70.

Quote:
The only real dunks that were released with both stuffed, and semi stuffed dunks were the Ostriches, Broncos, and Barfs.

So the info about the green = semi stuffed, orange = stuffed

Is this a hard fact? I'm just curious. My broncos have a green tag but seem pretty fully stuffed. Much like the rest of my SBs. Stuffed like my sharks were. Just curious.

brian

For sale/trade: Mcfetridge Vandals Classic Green 12 (2" heal rip), Ebay sales

Q: So how do the series go? Which are what series?

This is tough to describe if you don't know the "names" of the shoes, but here's some help.
1st Series = Mulders, Gino 1s, Wheat Forbes, Supas, Paul Brown His.

2nd Series = Gino 2s, Lodens, Flashes, Sharks, Wheat His, Denims, Supreme Lows

3rd Series = Takashis, Futuras, Bisons, Hulks, Heinekens

Anything else after that, Nike stopped releasing SBs all on one day and instead, spread them out. There is some arguments as to which falls in what series, so if any corrections, let me know,

^Forgot to add the Black/true reds, and True Reds/Black to the third series.

Quote:
"Premium" dunks are just made with better materials. If you've ever felt the leather on a pair of premium dunks and compared it to a pair with normal materials, it feels much nicer. I think all "premium" dunks have been GR's as well -- safari highs, curry highs, and all-black highs.

Can't forget about the premiums sold in Boutiques... I.E. Hazes, and Splatters.

Quote:
JD sports is a chain of stores here in the UK. They have their own exclusive colourways, but they're not a part of Nike like Concept Japan was.

Wasn't there a concept of Europe as well? And hook me up with some JD dangit!

Quote:
Is this a hard fact? I'm just curious. My broncos have a green tag but seem pretty fully stuffed. Much like the rest of my SBs. Stuffed like my sharks were. Just curious.

Unfortunatly I never purchased them myself... just kinda recorded the findings from other members of NT. There could've been a few dunks from that set, that made it stateside, that had a fat tounge.
-Dominic

Thanks for the info so let me ask yall this what constatutes as a quickstrick edition and what kind of account does a store have to have in order to recieve them and are they suppose to be limited?
ITARIAN

TEAM VAG, its all pink in the middle.​

Quote:
Thanks for the info so let me ask yall this what constatutes as a quickstrick edition and what kind of account does a store have to have in order to recieve them and are they suppose to be limited?

QS shoes cannot be preordered. they are offered to the stores by the local active life rep (btw, we should probably lay out the different retro accounts in the FAQ) and the stores usually accept the shoes because 9 times out of 10 they are limited (less pairs than a GR) and have some sort of hype associated to them. they arent as prestigious nowadays as they were even 2 years ago, but still the closest thing active life can get to sb level hype. for instance, alohas were a quickstrike. the recent union 180's are a quickstrike.

nike recently changed their policy for QS accounts. they now require a large amount of minimum orders of their regular retros in order to recieve the QS shoes. if they cannot meet the quota they lose their account. and it goes to other stores.

^Lets add in "Hyperstrikes" as well.

To my knowledge "Hyperstrikes" are along the lines of "shoes given to friends of family"

I.E. A# Dunks (3m, and lightnings), Wutang golden rods, All star Lebron Dunks (Green cement, and red/white/blue snakeskin), etc., etc., etc....
-Dominic

yeah....hyperstrikes are generally FT samples that are made especially for certain stores or people. the most common runs are 10, 24 and 40-50, but that doesnt mean its limited only to that.

more examples of dunk hyperstrikes:
m027.jpg

m013.jpg

m016.jpg

c5_1_b.JPG

^^ these arent FT samples but they still are a hyperstrike i believe.
dunklowftallstarnt.jpg

dunkhigh3zero4nt.jpg

dunklowsbLBJwhiteredbluent.jpg

dunklowsbLBJwhitegreennt.jpg

dunkhighdeftonesnt.jpg

dunkhighflomnt.jpg

dunkhighwu%20copynt.jpg

Quote:
Forgot to add the Black/true reds, and True Reds/Black to the third series.

Those came out 4-6 months after the Takashi, Futura and the rest of the 3rd series, so I wouldn't count them. Just being picky.

It's hard enough to remember my opinions without remembering my reasons for them

I'm not sure if this should be in the FAQ or not, but many people ask this question... over and over again.

A:
Generally, you should use acrylic paint. Stay away from Liquitex because it cracks, and Angelus is recommended by many people.
[/b]​

my 2 cents: get as much info as you can before posting. it saves a lot of extra reading for others. thanks.

sneakers are not just shoes. they're a kind of art.

if the sb's are A-grades how much does the value drop?
Fear is a crutch for tha devil

Usually, I think the smallest size SB's come in is 6. Rayguns go to GS and smaller sizes. Second series came out in GS sizes.
[/b]​

Regarding the zoom insoles, did some of the older series have zoom insoles with the zoom air in the forefoot and the heel or just the heel as the bandaids?

Edit: Pix of bandaid insoles
001.jpg

002.jpg

Looking at the descriptions of most of the SB's (dunk, teams, prods, etc) lately, most come with the zoom air in the heel only. :frown:
frown.gif

He's gotten a lot stronger,'' Foyle said. ``I can feel it a lot in the post. I can feel he has something there."

For SALE: Bandaids Sz 10. $95 shipped via FedEx overnight. EzInbox Me.

dunk sbs have always had zoom air in the heel and poron in the front. urls have zoom air in the heel and forefoot, and ecues have full length zoom air.

Since there's been an overload recently on where you can buy dunks or sbs in general, and also because it's kind of hard to navigate through the NikeSB site to find the store locator, here's some help for you lazy people out there.

USA and Canada

Any places outside of the US and Canada are all listed on the site. Hopefully this will help those who are... completely lazy.

Back
Top Bottom