dunk low pro sb "pigeon friends & family"

They made like 150 of them I believe. Very limited. They came out in New York but there was so much people for the release that Riot Police had to control thepeople. I only seen one in person and the price tag was 3000.

BTW you could have a better title.

Originally Posted by gswarriorz

They made like 150 of them I believe. Very limited. They came out in New York but there was so much people for the release that Riot Police had to control the people. I only seen one in person and the price tag was 3000.

such as? give me a break. plus like i said i know the story of the pigeon release sb but never heard or saw of the friends and family. thats why i asked ifanyone knew of these. why are they numbered? these arent the new york release. so next time try reading the post a little better.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by wclaker83

They made like 150 of them I believe. Very limited. They came out in New York but there was so much people for the release that Riot Police had to control the people. I only seen one in person and the price tag was 3000.

such as? give me a break. plus like i said i know the story of the pigeon release sb but never heard or saw of the friends and family. thats why i asked if anyone knew of these. why are they numbered? these arent the new york release. so next time try reading the post a little better.
wink.gif
My Bads... Should read more carefully... Anyways heres the story (hopefully)

Okey here's an interview with JEFF STAPLE of STAPLE DESIGNS (the one who designed this shoe) regarding his thoughts on the controversy over one of hisclassic creations.
(from sneakerfreaker.com , pictures courtesy of sneakerfreaker.com)

*How did the Pigeon Dunk come about?

My good friend Marcus who used to run things at Nike SB, asked us to create the NYC Dunk that was to be aligned with the White Dunk show. If you remember,there was a Paris, Japan, Cali, London one etc, etc. So he asked us to work on the NYC one. Of course it was a great honor. To be able to bless the seminalshoe, The Dunk, and represent our home town all in one project was just a dream come true. After sitting around and thinking for a while about what representedNY best, the Pigeon kept coming up. It's something very innate to New Yorkers. And something you wouldn't necessarily relate to the city if youdidn't in fact live here.

*When were they released and how many were there?

Feb 22nd, 2005. 150 for the world. 30 pieces for 5 shops. Rival, Supreme, Recon, KCDC and us. Our 30 hada lasered Staple logo and each was individually numbered.

such as? give me a break. plus like i said i know the story of the pigeon release sb but never heard or saw of the friends and family. thats why i asked if anyone knew of these. why are they numbered? these arent the new york release. so next time try reading the post a little better.
wink.gif
Uhm maybe try using Question marks, it makes it very easy for people who browse the forum to differentiate it from a "recent" release toa "question" thread.

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

wink.gif
Uhm maybe try using Question marks, it makes it very easy for people who browse the forum to differentiate it from a "recent" release to a "question" thread.

i think it doesnt really matter if there is a question mark or not. dunk low pro sb "pigeon friends & family" shouldnt really confuse anyone.anyways the question was already answered so it makes ur post extremely irrelevant.

^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Why you so mad?? Your asking a question, and your getting salty when people reply telling you its a misleading title.

But whatever you say fam, whatever you say...

This is interesting, so after reading what gswarriorz said, technically there not a friend's a family pair, there just a specially made shoe for thatspecific store and it was sold to the public. Correct me if im wrong

^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Why you so mad?? Your asking a question, and your getting salty when people reply telling you its a misleading title.

no one is salty i just think it was dumb of u to chime in after the fact. very irrelevant but thats what happens when ur young. its not whatever. u made anerror and i simply corrected u. no worries just next time be alittle more intelligent. u made a mistake and thats ok. no need to say anything once someone hasanswered my question. dont be lame.

Originally Posted by CrAzYaBoUtJaYz

This is interesting, so after reading what gswarriorz said, technically there not a friend's a family pair, there just a specially made shoe for that specific store and it was sold to the public. Correct me if im wrong
the 30 pairs were given out to those stores not sold. so 150 were sold to the public. the 30 were given to employees

^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

For realz....

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

For realz....
co-sign. NomadicSole is correct, the title is misleading.

I came in thinking this was for some sort of upcoming release.

Not the worst looking shoe....nice gray suede

For Sale in size 12: DS Retro X Black/White, DS Retro VII Frenchies, DS Melo 5.5 Black/University Blue, DS OG XVI Gingers, NDS OG XVI Black/Varsity Red, NDSRetro XI Low White/Columbia Blue, NDS Retro VI Low Black/Metallic Silver, NDS Air Trainer SC High White/University Blue

Back
Top Bottom