Dunking in the NBA/NCAA

After catching this "amazing" dunk by D. Wade last night, the first thing that came to mind...

Where's the offensive foul?

No, seriously, for any of you who really know basketball, you know that he pushed off mid-air and that's how he got the separation to punch Varejao in theteeth with the dunk. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice #$%#% play. I could be 3 inches taller and have nailed Varejao's feet tothe floor and probably not been able to do that, but it's BLATANTLY an offensive foul.

I remember last year, they called it a few times on guys, specifically I remember Rondo had one called on him in the Bos/Chi series against Brad Miller, buthow do referees decide this? Did D. Wade get that one strictly because it's a meaningless Nov. game and he's the home team, not to mention he's D.Wade dunking on Varejao?

I just want to know other people's thoughts on it. Of course, if they called this more often, it would take some excitement out of the game, so I don'tsay they start doing that, before anyone jumps down my throat. And sure, 90% of guys do it when they go up for a dunk.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Are you unfamiliar with the restricted area? Plus Andy leaped into the air with Dwyane.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
No, I know about the restricted area... and I know he leaped... but I didn't know that inside the restricted area there were NO offensivefouls. This was more along the lines of the kind of answer I was looking for. Thanks.

I don't really know, nor should I be speaking on this matter. But it looked clean. If anything, Varejao was wrong, you can see him put his hand all onDwyane's face as he's getting baptized...

Originally Posted by doyung9

After catching this "amazing" dunk by D. Wade last night, the first thing that came to mind...

No, seriously, for any of you who really know basketball, you know that he pushed off mid-air and that's how he got the separation to punch Varejao in the teeth with the dunk. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice #$%#% play. I could be 3 inches taller and have nailed Varejao's feet to the floor and probably not been able to do that, but it's BLATANTLY an offensive foul.

I remember last year, they called it a few times on guys, specifically I remember Rondo had one called on him in the Bos/Chi series against Brad Miller, but how do referees decide this? Did D. Wade get that one strictly because it's a meaningless Nov. game and he's the home team, not to mention he's D. Wade dunking on Varejao?

I just want to know other people's thoughts on it. Of course, if they called this more often, it would take some excitement out of the game, so I don't say they start doing that, before anyone jumps down my throat. And sure, 90% of guys do it when they go up for a dunk.

Andy......is that you?
laugh.gif

From the pic below, it looks like there's no way he did that because your hand is over Wade's hand

96e13969300f9df9224551272b6e660e-getty-90040823ib043_cavaliers_heat.jpg

and if he did push off, it was minor because it didnt effect you .

i thought he pushed off a lot at first but then when i saw the replay it was minor
pimp.gif

i dont like it when a player pushes off excessively when he dunks ala bd on ak47 but it was still nasty

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

i thought he pushed off a lot at first but then when i saw the replay it was minor
pimp.gif

i dont like it when a player pushes off excessively when he dunks ala bd on ak47 but it was still nasty
... all I'm saying.

Originally Posted by h3at23

No, seriously, for any of you who really know basketball, you know that he pushed off mid-air and that's how he got the separation to punch Varejao in the teeth with the dunk. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice #$%#% play. I could be 3 inches taller and have nailed Varejao's feet to the floor and probably not been able to do that, but it's BLATANTLY an offensive foul.

I remember last year, they called it a few times on guys, specifically I remember Rondo had one called on him in the Bos/Chi series against Brad Miller, but how do referees decide this? Did D. Wade get that one strictly because it's a meaningless Nov. game and he's the home team, not to mention he's D. Wade dunking on Varejao?

I just want to know other people's thoughts on it. Of course, if they called this more often, it would take some excitement out of the game, so I don't say they start doing that, before anyone jumps down my throat. And sure, 90% of guys do it when they go up for a dunk.

Andy......is that you?
laugh.gif

From the pic below, it looks like there's no way he did that because your hand is over Wade's hand

where are the other heat players? haha

no offensive foul.

son tried to block the ball. even smacked his face lulz

and people that dunk its almost a natural reaction to raise your off arm a little . .

Originally Posted by h3at23

Andy......is that you?
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Besides all the body contact, did you NOT see Sideshow hit Wade in the face? Just look at the pic posted above.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom