During these hard times, who else has or is thinking of opening a small business?

I'm 24 years old. I've been working retail for about 3 years. Management position for 2 out of the 3. Working for others suck especially Footlocker,INC
tired.gif
...I'm thinking of opening an online jewelry store...Mypop's is a jeweler so I have the inventory to work with. I posted this because I wanted some tips, comments, suggestions on how I should start. I knowthere are some entrepreneurs out here on niketalk. Drop some knowledge...

Btw if anyone here lives around Miami and want to do business...shoot me a message

hopefully next semester i'll have time to sign up for the wedding planner certification class at the other university out here...

after that
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Don Phenomenon

I'm 24 years old. I've been working retail for about 3 years. Management position for 2 out of the 3. Working for others suck especially Footlocker, INC
tired.gif
...I'm thinking of opening an online jewelry store...My pop's is a jeweler so I have the inventory to work with. I posted this because I wanted some tips, comments, suggestions on how I should start. I know there are some entrepreneurs out here on niketalk. Drop some knowledge...

Btw if anyone here lives around Miami and want to do business...shoot me a message

A few NTer's are in the jewelry game.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by Don Phenomenon

Good luck, myT...
pimp.gif

thanks...if your dad is a jeweler why don't you go into business with him?
I actually want to branch off because his shop is in a flea market...and business is not doing so well, people in the hood aren't buyingjewelry like in the Clinton days...and to top it off he was robbed a month ago at gunpoint by 3 goons in jason masks
mad.gif
...I wanna make his enterprise bigger...buddy has a done a lot for me and I wantto start giving back

The smaller businesses are usually the first ones to go in hard times.

its hard, the problem with opening a brand new business is that you either need to co-open it with someone or need to be well off already

i've wanted to open a laundromat for a while now. i've made business plans and everything but decided i didn't wanna dedicate my life to somethingi have 0 interest in.

For sure. I'm not going after a the label of a small business, but I have a good fundraising ideas for local sports teams that will bring them and thecommunities into other businesses.

Back
Top Bottom