E3 2013 (June 11-13) Let the Next Gen Wars BEGIN

Which Next-Gen console is going to deliver at E3?

• Xbox One (Microsoft)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playstation 4 (Sony)

• Wii-U (Nintendo)

• Total voters
"Always-on" Internet is preferable, but not required, for the Xbox One

thats from the official microsoft xbox one website... Man they shouldve said it just like that. Makes me view things a little different. I mean i still preordered a ps4 ( i mean your getting more bang for your buck, and its 100 less). But it makes me consider possibly getting one at some point. Still dont like the fact that they said this.....

Loaning or renting games isn't available at this time, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners.

So i mean the whole not having to connect thing is cool, but having to buy a game just to try it is basura. Or some games you dont want to buy, and its simply just rental worthy.

thats from the official microsoft xbox one website... Man they shouldve said it just like that. Makes me view things a little different. I mean i still preordered a ps4 ( i mean your getting more bang for your buck, and its 100 less). But it makes me consider possibly getting one at some point. Still dont like the fact that they said this.....

Loaning or renting games isn't available at this time, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners.

So i mean the whole not having to connect thing is cool, but having to buy a game just to try it is basura. Or some games you dont want to buy, and its simply just rental worthy.

There is still required check in for games though. Like you can turn on the internet....check in....then turn off the internet. You then have 24 hours to play the game offline. So technically it isn't "Always on". But if you want to switch games (i believe) you need to check in again even if its within the same 24 hour period (i could be wrong on this though). Its just like everything else that is coming out of the MS camp, really vague statements about all of their policies.

h5A0DA2D3

No clue.

I really dont' think the X1 one will nearly as bad as we're making it out to be. Microsoft screwed themselves over with the way that they're presenting it, but the more information that comes out the more interested I become.

It isn't always on that people are complaining about, its the you always require internet access with its 24 hr checkin. Some people phrase it differently I guess.

24hours checkin is way better than always being online though, that was one of the big complaints about Diablo 3

Last edited:
It isn't always on that people are complaining about, its the you always require internet access with its 24 hr checkin. Some people phrase it differently I guess.

24hours checkin is way better than always being online though, that was one of the big complaints about Diablo 3
yea but being limited to use a physical copy of a game to just one other system...(im in the military and often times play games with others, and often times we dont have internet) that and i cant rent/try a game...sure they have that 15 minute demo thing...but for me at least, I cant gauge how much i like/dislike a game sometimes with just 15 minutes of gameplay. Coupled that with some games ive played were cool, but they were just rent worthy..and i would hate that in many cases i would have had to shell out 60-70 bucks on them.

yea but being limited to use a physical copy of a game to just one other system...(im in the military and often times play games with others, and often times we dont have internet) that and i cant rent/try a game...sure they have that 15 minute demo thing...but for me at least, I cant gauge how much i like/dislike a game sometimes with just 15 minutes of gameplay. Coupled that with some games ive played were cool, but they were just rent worthy..and i would hate that in many cases i would have had to shell out 60-70 bucks on them.
Ok?

Was this a response to me? I was just explaining to the guy that its the 24 hour checkin that people are complaining about, not any kind of always 24/7 perma online.

Last edited:
ANYONE GULLIBLE TO BELIEVE THIS...
That's what people said when rumors of DRM restrictions for games came out.

But like you I believe there's no way its true. They usually sell consoles at a loss or at breakeven early on. So they are going to want to have as many people with active consoles out there for the live subscription money, so blocking used consoles wouldn't benefit them at all.

Last edited:
also why is this even an issue when the console hasnt released yet? are people really looking to buy a used, just launched product?

Anybody know the FPS most games will be running on both systems?

Im into the sports games I could careless about the graphics cause they pretty much will be the same I want the system that will run the smoothest with game play. I know the 360 fps was higher the PS3 on Madden so it ha da smooth feel to it.

Can someone help me out im tryin to decide which system to go after

Just for the record...my cable is out....thanks to the storms in MD....called comcast last night and there was a 45min wait time.....so i hung up....if i had an xbox1...i wouldn't be able to play....hopefully its on when i get home from work.
For the record you can still play for 24 hours before the check in and if your cable is still out you could hopspot your cell phone to check in, they said the check in data is a few kb, probably as much data as a text.

Until they are clearcut and show me exactly how the sharing is going to work I don't believe them fools..

Just for the record...my cable is out....thanks to the storms in MD....called comcast last night and there was a 45min wait time.....so i hung up....if i had an xbox1...i wouldn't be able to play....hopefully its on when i get home from work.

For the record you can still play for 24 hours before the check in and if your cable is still out you could hopspot your cell phone to check in, they said the check in data is a few kb, probably as much data as a text.

great info man thanks repped...thankfully my jailbroken iphone has free tethering even though ATT sends me angry texts that im getting it for free

I don't understand how sharing a digital game with ten people is ok, but lending a psychical disk is not ? I think there is more to this MS is not explaining.
This,

MS need to explain it better.

Any word on cross console play? Eg. XB1 and PC multiplayer
Cross console play already happened on the PS3/ PC in Portal 2 and it will happen with EVE and Dust514. That should be really good once the game is polished and they merge the servers.
MS didin't like the idea though so it's only on playstation you'll see it.

Even the PSVita has cross play with the PC for Phantasy Star Online 2.
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/2...rsion-cross-play-and-other-features-detailed/

Warframe might be the first crossplay title we see on the PS4 and it looks good.

Warframe developer Digital Extremes is open to allowing cross-platform play between PC versions and PlayStation 4 version of the free-to-play shooter, associate producer Pat Kudirka told Polygon.

"The technology is there," said Kudirka, acknowledging titles such as CCP's Dust 514 that allow players across console systems to interact with PC users in a persistent world. "It's definitely a possibility."

"It's really up to Sony. The technology is there and I know the developers like the idea
," he continued. The publisher came to Digital Extremes after seeing its success as a free-to-play PC title available through Steam, says Kudirka. While the studio retains all creative freedom, major technical decisions are in the hands of the publisher.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/11/44...hing-up-potential-for-cross-platform-gameplay

Where is this from?

Japanese show called Garo

Titanfall developers say the game may come to ps4.....

It's going to come just like Mass Effect did

Last edited:
true but alot of times if your cable/home internet is out ie a bad storm chances are cellphone towers signals are out as well....justsayin

I don't understand how sharing a digital game with ten people is ok, but lending a psychical disk is not ? I think there is more to this MS is not explaining.
This,

MS need to explain it better.

Its obvious why digital sharing is better then lending in their eyes, Once the consumer gets used to the idea that games exist in digital space rather then physical. You don't get up in arms when the next xbox has no disk drive and all games are bought from M$'s version of steam/itunes

the X1 is a bridge get people into the digital download only gaming age
true but alot of times if your cable/home internet is out ie a bad storm chances are cellphone towers signals are out as well....justsayin
2 things

1 they should have the box able to play offline provided you have the disk, I think we can all agree w/ that

2 The only time my cable and cell were down so was my power, thats just me tho

Last edited:
Its obvious why digital sharing is better then lending in their eyes, Once the consumer gets used to the idea that games exist in digital space rather then physical. You don't get up in arms when the next xbox has no disk drive and all games are bought from M$'s version of steam/itunes

the X1 is a bridge get people into the digital download only gaming age

2 things

1 they should have the box able to play offline provided you have the disk, I think we can all agree w/ that

2 The only time my cable and cell were down so was my power, thats just me tho
it actually happened last night to me...and then it took a second for my cell signal to get back up...well the data part that is...i mean i had edge, but who knows how long the drm check etc... would take using edge.

“There's a fine line between genius and insanity..." - Oscar Levant

E3 2013: Final Fantasy 15 Was Almost a Musical
Tetsuya Nomura dreamed a dream.
by Marty Sliva JUNE 13, 2013

There’s a strange, parallel universe where Final Fantasy XV nee Versus XIII turns out to be a full-blown musical. Song and dance numbers, choreographed movements, and a lyrical look into the human condition – all of this is present in the bizarro-FFXV. I’m not sure if this version of the game sells well enough to recoup the decade-long budget, but damn if it isn’t a fascinating experiment.

Sadly, this game was only a pipe dream that existed in the mind of Tetsuya Nomura for one day a few months ago after coming into the office the morning after watching last year’s film version of Les Miserable.

We sat down with Nomura at this year’s E3 for a solid hour and talked about all things FFXV, Kingdom Hearts III, and life. This is when he revealed to us that he was so moved by Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway’s lyrical take on Victor Hugo's novel, that he charged into the Square offices the next morning intent on transforming FFXV into a musical of Les Miserables’s caliber.

As you can guess, there’s probably not a lot of money in a big-budget, Japanese, interactive musical, so the powers that be at Square Enix coaxed Nomura off the ledge and convinced him to continue on FFXV’s current trajectory.

While still on the topic of film, Nomura told us that he likes to leave work at work, so he tends not to play a whole lot of games at home. Instead, he consumes movies like a junky – 2 or 3 of them on most nights. His biggest cinematic inspiration is Baz Lurhman, the visionary Australian director behind Rome + Juliet, Moulin Rouge, and most recently The Great Gatsby. If Nomura is able to capture some of the magic of those movies and use it in Final Fantasy XV, we could be in for something special.

Stick around to IGN for much more on our time with Tetsuya Nomura, including what Disney’s recent acquisitions mean for Kingdom Hearts III.

That's wild

Back
Top Bottom