• SONY

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Microsoft (lol)

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Nobody. This show was buns.

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • SONY not attending E3 so I don't really care.

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters
MARVEL'S AVENGERS WILL NOT CHANGE DESIGNS AFTER FAN CRITICISM - E3 2019
Share.
But will “improve” their looks before launch.

BY JOSHUA YEHL When Marvel’s Avengers debuted at E3 2019, the designs of the five heroes were met with heavy fan criticism online, with the main complaint being they looked like a pale imitation of the MCU Avengers of which they were clearly based on. Some cited how the Avengers’ faces created an “uncanny valley” effect because they look a few degrees off from the actors who played them on screen. Other elements that were picked on include Captain America’s overly bulky riot gear-inspired costume and the clunky discs that make it look like Thor has a sound system mounted on his chest.

IGN spoke with Crystal Dynamics lead creative director Shaun Escayg about the negative response from the community and he was adamant that the designs would not be changed.

“We are always listening to, and welcome feedback from our community. There are currently no plans to change our character designs,” Escayg said.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/13/marvels-avengers-costume-design-backlash-e3-2019#

Escayg went on to highlight that while the designs of the characters would not be changed, the game is still in the early stages and will receive more polish before release. “The trailer is showing pre-alpha gameplay footage, which means the level of detail and overall polish of the character models will absolutely continue to improve as we get closer to launch,” Escayg explained.

first they was gonna change it
now they aint
def a sign if u ask me
Maybe. I don't think they meant they were going to completely change the character models. I'm not a game developer but they'd probably have to delay the game and with next gen coming holiday 2020, you probably want to get your game out before then so you can release the next gen port a year later. Transitioning phase of gaming gens are always tricky :lol:

There is nothing wrong with the character designs or voice overs.

Everybody is just too familiar with the MCU and clearly want everything and everyone to be the same.

I would have preferred if they just went with a completely different look. Instead of trying to mimic MCU, come up with something completely brand new or maybe look at some older 90s cartoon models.

If it's not connected why go with a knock off look from the movies :lol:

Next year's E3 should be :pimp:

Both SONY and MS showing off what next gen has in store for us.

Did people want them to look more like the MCU characters?

The characters appear to be somewhat based off the MCU but not close enough. They should've either gone all the way and made them look exactly like the MCU or went the opposite route and took inspiration from the classic comicbook designs.

The characters appear to be somewhat based off the MCU but not close enough. They should've either gone all the way and made them look exactly like the MCU or went the opposite route and took inspiration from the classic comicbook designs.
I don't think they could make the characters exactly to the actor's likeness due contract restrictions, but they could've made them look based of the current comics artists.

I don't like how Hulk looks like Norton Hulk. But whatevr.

Back
Top Bottom