E60 M5....anyone have/had one?

Can you tell me the pros and cons, specifically ones that aren't obvious, like the 500 hp or the iDrive that people seem to either love or hate.

Getting an unbiased opinion on car forums is next to impossible, especially one that caters towards one brand. Also, I'm too lazy to create an account.

i never owned one but i drive a friend of mine's m5 often, i never even touched the idrive, i'm too busy listening to that v10 rumbling.. lol the mosttechno-savvy thing i did in the m5 was plug my ipod into it so i can listen to music.. otherwise im in the car to drive not to use the computer

Dont Ben gotta e60 M5?....his joint looks sick....he threw 22's on it so I dont know about the ride of the car.....but it looks fierce...

Go for it if it's still covered under the manufacturer warranty.
I don't mind doing stuff on my e36 M3, but I would be afraid to touch a big V10 like that.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Dont Ben gotta e60 M5?....his joint looks sick....he threw 22's on it so I dont know about the ride of the car.....but it looks fierce...

M5_6.jpg
hm512.jpg
15058nov05_027.jpg

what is your question again?

I don't know if I'd do much to it, which might make it less fun than some of the other cars I was considering, like the E92 335i.

The V10 is naturally aspirated....I could get the engine bored and stroked so it put out 600hp....at a cost of $30,000 from Dinan
laugh.gif
I guess I could throwsome engine software and a 3.91 LSD, but not much else.

I mean it's a sick car, but I want to know how good it is before buying....I'm at school right now, a test drive seems out of the question.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

I don't know if I'd do much to it, which might make it less fun than some of the other cars I was considering, like the E92 335i.

The V10 is naturally aspirated....I could get the engine bored and stroked so it put out 600hp....at a cost of $30,000 from Dinan
laugh.gif
I guess I could throw some engine software and a 3.91 LSD, but not much else.

I mean it's a sick car, but I want to know how good it is before buying....I'm at school right now, a test drive seems out of the question.

i wish i had your problem right now, like for real. e92 or e60....... wow

bmw-e92-m3-24.jpg

laugh.gif

why don't you go in between and get the v8 e92/e90 m3?

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

laugh.gif

bmw-e92-m3-24.jpg
he mentioned the 335, that looks like an m3 sedan you posted.

Third on my list. Obviously a superior car to the 335i, but since it's NA and a lot of money ($85,000+) I wouldn't really drop much on mods oranything. If I were to leave a car stock, I'd rather get the M5 since it's such a straight-line monster (I won't be tracking any of these sohandling isn't as big of a deal).

But just as appealing is spending a whole lot less on the 335i, which of course is twin-turbo, and going nuts on the mods. I've never really done any realaftermarket stuff on a car, and it could be fun.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif

bmw-e92-m3-24.jpg
If only this was the real E92 M3 ...someones got good photoshop skills

laugh.gif
Ask Ben how he got 630rwhp out of his without a stroker kit, forced induction, or nitrous.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by THockey66

laugh.gif
Ask Ben how he got 630rwhp out of his without a stroker kit, forced induction, or nitrous.
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

i know he said 335 but i assumed he meant to say m3. what a gap between 335 and m5

Originally Posted by THockey66

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Exactly what I said, when he posted his e60 m5. He was talking out of his butt.

Originally Posted by iceman3699

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif

bmw-e92-m3-24.jpg
If only this was the real E92 M3 ...someones got good photoshop skills
yeah the hood looks off and the bumper/wheels are sketchy.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

The Dinan stoker is 40,000 plus your engine. what the maximun you are willing to spend?
...And if that isnt the biggest rip-off, i dont know what is.

I mean seriously, you can grab another stock engine and have Jason Heffner boost it for that 40k figure and get a warranty from him. You could easily force the800-900 range of out it reliably, and if you blow up the motor, throw your old one back in.

Dinan is all about the name.

Just go nuts and cop an Individual 2009 750li
pimp.gif
The car has Ceramic control switches! CERAMIC! No other car uses Ceramic as an interior accent...plus its astandard TT V8...

Back
Top Bottom