EA SUCKS

If you buy your sports games used and enjoy playing them online for free, EA would like to have a word with you.

And that word would be "no."

The mega-publisher announced Monday that beginning with the June 8th release of Tiger Woods 11, all future EA Sports games for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360will include a one-time, game-specific "Online Pass" code, which grantsaccess to "online services, features and bonus content."

maddenonlin_300.jpg

Sounds fine and dandy, but for one catch: while the code comes free with newcopies of any EA Sports game, it can only be used once. Buy the gameused -- or even just rent it through a service like GameFly -- andyou'll be unable to play it online beyond a free seven-day trialperiod...unless you cough up $10 for an additional Online Pass.

"This is an important inflection point in our business because itallows us to accelerate our commitment to enhance premium onlineservices to the entire robust EA SPORTS online community," said EASports president Peter Moore.

According to the official Online Pass site,online services that will be affected by the feature include"multiplayer online play, group features like online dynasty andleagues, user created content, and bonus downloadable content for yourgame including, for example, a new driver in Tiger."

The move is part of EA's so-called "Project Ten Dollar"initiative and is considered another attack on the used game market,which many publishers see as a financial black hole. EA has made prior attemptsto dissuade the practice, although it remains an affordable solution togamers looking for a bit of a bargain at the cost of owning new.

Interestingly, leading game retailer GameStop, who enjoy substantialrevenue from selling used games, is seemingly supportive of the newprogram.

"This relationship allows us to capitalize on our investments tomarket and sell downloadable content online, as well as through ournetwork of stores worldwide," said GameStop CEO Dan DeMatteo.

source : http://videogames.yahoo.c...ould-cost-you-10/1398633

i guess im not buying madden this year. Screw this company. this is ridiculous
mad.gif
mad.gif

So, when I rent a game from gamefly I won't be able to go online with it? Sound's stupid and money hungry to me.

EA does indeed suck. I can't exactly remember the last game I bought of theirs. I think it was madden 06....after that I said never again. Good luck to those buying a sports game at retail.lol

Back
Top Bottom