Early Jordan Release INFO. Its time everyone knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by verysteri otypical

i fully agree with the OP as well....(and ijapino).. 98% of the shoes are just b-grades from all the early test/production runs which, like he said, nike just sells to those sites to make money off of what would have been garbage.  also(and more importantly if you ask me) nike knows that by selling them early like this creates massive amounts of hype(free marketing).  dont believe me? just look at the 600+ pages in the concord thread...

then for garbage b-grades, why did "Jordan Brand" make or "authorize"them to make a keychain when they don't even bother on including it with authentic retail version? or give them a specific laces that is so off? Doesn't make sense. 
and people are seriously going to believe concords with 45 popping out of thin air?

well people have their own opinions and from lurking and reading through posts, it's clear that people who believe that they are "authentic but only b-grades" are going to stick with that opinion unless Nike intervenes, which I doubt it's going to happen.

And people who think that these sites are legit because Nike/JB is not doing anything....did you hear about the fake Apple stores in China? If Apple can't even shut down a physical store out in the public that is selling fake products, I want to see how Nike/Jordan Brand is going to handle these websites.

Originally Posted by ijapino

Until these sites get permanently shut down with a cease and desist order from Nike, I'm still on the fence...

We've all seen fake shoes before. These just don't fit the description. These aren't air max/hybrid models...they're not unreleased colorways with cartoon characters on them...They actually resemble what the released shoe looks like...They also usually come with everything (box, paper, key chain, card etc...)

If anything, it's a quality issue that people have a problem with. (i.e. JOQDAN instead of JORDAN, crooked 23 or tumbled leather where it's supposed to be smooth) But that still doesn't make me a believer that these are fakes. With EVERY major shoe release we hear a hundred stories about the shoddy craftsmanship from Jordan Brand. This dates all the way back from when the Brand began. Anyone remember "JORDNA" on the boxes? How about the paint chipping? Or the creasing straight from the box? I've seen "Fakes" with better quality.

Numerous sites pop up on a daily basis only to be shut down after a few months. These guys have been around for years. And with Nike's hand in the pot, this dude's explanation wouldn't surprise me. The fact that they're in it to make some money off b-grade materials on EARLY release HYPED shoes has Nike written all over it.

I say decide for yourself. If you choose to buy...buy with extreme caution. If you choose to stay away, that's your business.
HEY IJAPINO,

YOU ARE A MOD SO YOUR OPINION DOES CARRY SOME WEIGHT AROUND HERE BUT COULD YOU THROW YOUR TAKE ON THESE QUESTIONS?

- WHAT IS ONE TO THINK OF THE GLARING DIFFERENCES BETWEEN OFFICIAL RELEASED PAIRS AND THESE EARLY RELEASE FAKES?
- RESTOCKS OF VERY POPULAR SHOES POPPING UP YEARS AFTER THE FACT. I.E. SPACE JAMS AND EVEN HAVE JAY FROM SDS ADMIT THEY WERE REMADE. MATTER OF FACT, DO YOU THINK REMADE SPACE JAMS OR REMADE SHOES YEARS LATER ARE FAKE? WHATEVER REMADE MEANS
laugh.gif

- THE NEW CROP OF PROMOS POPPING UP IN FULL SIZE RUNS?
roll.gif

- WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON THESE EARLY RELEASES BEING RESOLD ON NIKETALKS BUY/SELL FORUM AS WELL AS OTHER SNEAKERHEAD AVENUES AS A-GRADE STORE BOUGHT PAIRS? WOULD YOU BE HAPPY IF YOU PURCHASED A PAIR OFF HERE AND THIS IS WHAT YOU RECEIVED? CONSEQUENTLY, DO YOU PURCHASE FROM THESE SITES YOURSELF?
- IF THESE ARE B-GRADES WHY ARE THEY ADVERTISED AS A-GRADES? SHADY, NO? THESE FAKES BEING ADVERTISED AS A-GRADES ALLOWS THEM TO CHARGE MORE THAN RETAIL BECAUSE WHO WOULD PAY MORE THAN RETAIL FOR A B-GRADE?

FAKES COME IN ALL VARIETIES FROM ONLY THE ONES YOU LISTED IN YOUR POST. WE WOULDN'T NEED A LEGIT CHECK FORUM IF ALL FAKES WERE LIKE THAT OTHERWISE THEY WOULD ALL BE EASILY SPOTTED.

IMO, THOSE OTHER SITES WERE SHUT DOWN BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T PAY THEIR TITHES IF YOU GET WHAT I MEAN.

I GUESS IT'S HARD TO PICTURE FOR PEOPLE IF YOU HAVEN'T ACTUALLY BOUGHT FROM THESE SITES BUT FOR ME AND MANY OTHER MEMBERS ON HERE WHO HAVE ACTUALLY HELD STORE BOUGHT AND EARLY RELEASE PAIRS SIDE BY SIDE, IT WAS PRETTY OBVIOUS FOR ME THAT THEY WERE FUGAZZI.

THEIR DOWNFALL WAS WHEN THEY DECIDED TO GET GREEDY WITH THE SPACE JAMS, PROMOS AND OF COURSE MANY SNEAKERHEADS #1 SHOE, CONCORDS. THEY BROUGHT TOO MUCH ATTENTION TO THEMSELVES EVEN THOUGH ME AND A COUPLE OTHER MEMBERS HAVE BEEN SCREAMING FOUL FOR YEARS.

LET US NOT FORGET, A COUPLE OF THESE SITES HAVE ALREADY BEEN BUSTED IN THE PAST FOR SELLING UNDENIABLE FAKES (AIR RANDY AND THE 23'S ANYONE?)

Look, air randy, SDS, etc. have their own connection to these factories where they can get just about any Jordan made. Re-stock on space jams this year, 45 concords, promos, etc.

Don't be stupid. These are FAKES. It's almost 2012. These aint the same kind of fakes from the last 10 years. They've stepped it up.

I'm unconvinced by either side so far.

On one hand, if these are B-grades, shouldn't it come in a regular box instead of special XI or III boxes? Furthermore, Nike won't allow its retailers to sell a shoe before it's official release date, perhaps they turn a blind eye if a mom & pop shop sells it a few days ahead of release date, but these early release sites have them months before official release dates.

On the other hand, if could be possible that Nike is using these sites to research how much they could increase the prices in the future. These sites have been going on for a while now, and Nike still haven't shut them down. Sneakgeekz has been posting early releases he purchased from these sites for years now, and his latest video shows him opening packs sent directly from JB. If these early release are fakes, why would JB be sending Sneakgeekz samples to post on his youtube page? That's based on the assumption that Sneakgeekz isn't lying about JB sending him shoes, he openly stated he gets shoes from sellers like AR so it wouldn't be a bad assumption to make that he's not lying.

Plus, isn't there another side that lies in between the two sides, which claims that these are made by workers in the same factory during off-hours?

^ Im with you Corey. I can't call them fake in the term we have become accustomed to. Fakes don't have real nike air units in them.

Originally Posted by johnjkim15

Originally Posted by verysteri otypical

i fully agree with the OP as well....(and ijapino).. 98% of the shoes are just b-grades from all the early test/production runs which, like he said, nike just sells to those sites to make money off of what would have been garbage.  also(and more importantly if you ask me) nike knows that by selling them early like this creates massive amounts of hype(free marketing).  dont believe me? just look at the 600+ pages in the concord thread...

then for garbage b-grades, why did "Jordan Brand" make or "authorize"them to make a keychain when they don't even bother on including it with authentic retail version? or give them a specific laces that is so off? Doesn't make sense. 
and people are seriously going to believe concords with 45 popping out of thin air?

well people have their own opinions and from lurking and reading through posts, it's clear that people who believe that they are "authentic but only b-grades" are going to stick with that opinion unless Nike intervenes, which I doubt it's going to happen.

And people who think that these sites are legit because Nike/JB is not doing anything....did you hear about the fake Apple stores in China? If Apple can't even shut down a physical store out in the public that is selling fake products, I want to see how Nike/Jordan Brand is going to handle these websites.
3879%20-%20animated_gif%20chuck_norris%20dodgeball%20thumbs_up.gif

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Until these sites get permanently shut down with a cease and desist order from Nike, I'm still on the fence...

We've all seen fake shoes before. These just don't fit the description. These aren't air max/hybrid models...they're not unreleased colorways with cartoon characters on them...They actually resemble what the released shoe looks like...They also usually come with everything (box, paper, key chain, card etc...)

If anything, it's a quality issue that people have a problem with. (i.e. JOQDAN instead of JORDAN, crooked 23 or tumbled leather where it's supposed to be smooth) But that still doesn't make me a believer that these are fakes. With EVERY major shoe release we hear a hundred stories about the shoddy craftsmanship from Jordan Brand. This dates all the way back from when the Brand began. Anyone remember "JORDNA" on the boxes? How about the paint chipping? Or the creasing straight from the box? I've seen "Fakes" with better quality.

Numerous sites pop up on a daily basis only to be shut down after a few months. These guys have been around for years. And with Nike's hand in the pot, this dude's explanation wouldn't surprise me. The fact that they're in it to make some money off b-grade materials on EARLY release HYPED shoes has Nike written all over it.

I say decide for yourself. If you choose to buy...buy with extreme caution. If you choose to stay away, that's your business.
HEY IJAPINO,

YOU ARE A MOD SO YOUR OPINION DOES CARRY SOME WEIGHT AROUND HERE BUT COULD YOU THROW YOUR TAKE ON THESE QUESTIONS?

- WHAT IS ONE TO THINK OF THE GLARING DIFFERENCES BETWEEN OFFICIAL RELEASED PAIRS AND THESE EARLY RELEASE FAKES?
- RESTOCKS OF VERY POPULAR SHOES POPPING UP YEARS AFTER THE FACT. I.E. SPACE JAMS AND EVEN HAVE JAY FROM SDS ADMIT THEY WERE REMADE. MATTER OF FACT, DO YOU THINK REMADE SPACE JAMS OR REMADE SHOES YEARS LATER ARE FAKE? WHATEVER REMADE MEANS
laugh.gif

roll.gif

- WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON THESE EARLY RELEASES BEING RESOLD ON NIKETALKS BUY/SELL FORUM AS WELL AS OTHER SNEAKERHEAD AVENUES AS A-GRADE STORE BOUGHT PAIRS? WOULD YOU BE HAPPY IF YOU PURCHASED A PAIR OFF HERE AND THIS IS WHAT YOU RECEIVED? CONSEQUENTLY, DO YOU PURCHASE FROM THESE SITES YOURSELF?

FAKES COME IN ALL VARIETIES FROM ONLY THE ONES YOU LISTED IN YOUR POST. WE WOULDN'T NEED A LEGIT CHECK FORUM IF ALL FAKES WERE LIKE THAT OTHERWISE THEY WOULD ALL BE EASILY SPOTTED.

IMO, THOSE OTHER SITES WERE SHUT DOWN BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T PAY THEIR TITHES IF YOU GET WHAT I MEAN.

I GUESS IT'S HARD TO PICTURE FOR PEOPLE IF YOU HAVEN'T ACTUALLY BOUGHT FROM THESE SITES BUT FOR ME AND MANY OTHER MEMBERS ON HERE WHO HAVE ACTUALLY HELD STORE BOUGHT AND EARLY RELEASE PAIRS SIDE BY SIDE, IT WAS PRETTY OBVIOUS FOR ME THAT THEY WERE FUGAZZI.

THEIR DOWNFALL WAS WHEN THEY DECIDED TO GET GREEDY WITH THE SPACE JAMS, PROMOS AND OF COURSE MANY SNEAKERHEADS #1 SHOE, CONCORDS. THEY BROUGHT TOO MUCH ATTENTION TO THEMSELVES EVEN THOUGH ME AND A COUPLE OTHER MEMBERS HAVE BEEN SCREAMING FOUL FOR YEARS.

LET US NOT FORGET, A COUPLE OF THESE SITES HAVE ALREADY BEEN BUSTED IN THE PAST FOR SELLING UNDENIABLE FAKES (AIR RANDY AND THE 23'S ANYONE?)

yo memph you gotta find that thread we started awhile back that basically exposed these guys as LEGIT FRAUDS...

NT needs to put them on the fake list asap... the integrity of this website depends on it IMO

Originally Posted by mkc1983

On one hand, if these are B-grades, shouldn't it come in a regular box instead of special XI or III boxes? Furthermore, Nike won't allow its retailers to sell a shoe before it's official release date, perhaps they turn a blind eye if a mom & pop shop sells it a few days ahead of release date, but these early release sites have them months before official release dates.

On the other hand, if could be possible that Nike is using these sites to research how much they could increase the prices in the future. These sites have been going on for a while now, and Nike still haven't shut them down. Sneakgeekz has been posting early releases he purchased from these sites for years now, and his latest video shows him opening packs sent directly from JB. If these early release are fakes, why would JB be sending Sneakgeekz samples to post on his youtube page? That's based on the assumption that Sneakgeekz isn't lying about JB sending him shoes, he openly stated he gets shoes from sellers like AR so it wouldn't be a bad assumption to make that he's not lying.

Plus, isn't there another side that lies in between the two sides, which claims that these are made by workers in the same factory during off-hours?
Nike does not have to use these sites to do research. They know that retros are gonna sell. and the sole existence of an active forum like niketalk talking about nike and jordan products basically means that Nike and Jordan Brand can sell whatever crap they make.
+ If they are using these sites, e.g Air-Randy, to do research, why would they sell their "b-grades" to them? shouldn't they just hand them out to them? like how JB gave sneakgeeks some weird team jordans?

For Nike/JB to do research, all they have to do is just give their athletes or celebrities the pairs they are thinking of releasing and then check either Niketalk or ISS. They don't have to lose potential money (buy handing them out to a website that is based in China for the purpose of "research" when they could just sell those b-grades at a outlet store)

Im with J. They gave Mike23 a C&D for using a Mike23. These guys according to NT are selling whole fake shoes. Yet Nike has yet to do anything about it. The real denial may be JB loyalist. They just cant get a grip that life is not perfect. Not everything you see. Is as it seems. With Nike being mum tells me Nike is up to no good. My name aint Willy Foo Foo and Nike is not going to pull the wool over my eyes. I trust no man and in this case I will not trust Nike a for profit corporation. Anything Is possible.

Originally Posted by johnjkim15

Originally Posted by mkc1983

Nike does not have to use these sites to do research. They know that retros are gonna sell. and the sole existence of an active forum like niketalk talking about nike and jordan products basically means that Nike and Jordan Brand can sell whatever crap they make.
+ If they are using these sites, e.g Air-Randy, to do research, why would they sell their "b-grades" to them? shouldn't they just hand them out to them? like how JB gave sneakgeeks some weird team jordans?

For Nike/JB to do research, all they have to do is just give their athletes or celebrities the pairs they are thinking of releasing and then check either Niketalk or ISS. They don't have to lose potential money (buy handing them out to a website that is based in China for the purpose of "research" when they could just sell those b-grades at a outlet store)

I'm talking about research on a price point, not whether a Jordan fusion would sell. Certain shoes will definitely sell, but at what price could JB increase a pair of shoes to in order to make the most profit? Concords will sell for $175 for sure, $220 as well, but what about $280? $300? We already seen from shoes such as 2009's that the consumer has a certain limit on how much they would pay for a certain pair of J's. If the OP is right, ie these are b-grades sold to sellers near the factories, JB would save on shipping costs compared to sending it to their outlets. Another significant factor is they would get paid sooner. Sites like NT and "the other site" are good for seeing how much hype a shoe has, but it's not really a big marketplace, and Nike can't even keep track of the marketplace in these forums.I don't really understand why you think Nike needs to just give away pairs of shoes for free in order to do research. That's basically what the OP's main argument was - these shoes were going to be trashed, so why not just sell it? Afterward, keep track of what these sites sell for. Again, I'm not convinced by either side, so I'm just stating my arguments for both sides.Edit: my bad for the long paragraph, seems like yuku disabled my return button or something.

I agree with OP. They do make money off of their "garbage". That's essentially what it is. Why throw away slight defects when you can sell them and make money off them, and in some cases, put them in a market where they would buy the slightly defective pair AND the pair that made the cut? It's a win-win for Nike. They aren't losing money by it at all. Some people are so focused on real vs. fake, they lose sight of the real name of the game...profit.

Before I get into dissecting your post, let me first state in no way am I taking sides with these sites...I'm simply playing devil's advocate....I see valid points to both sides, but I still think people need to decide for themselves.

What differences are we talking about and on what shoes specifically? If it's something as subtle as the elephant print being different boldness, let me remind you that the JB quality has always been random. I noticed this even when the 2001 III's came out. I've seen everything from upside down Jumpmans on VIII's to completely mis-stitched errors on other shoes. The whole "JOQDAN" XI's typo isn't enough to prove fake. Even OBVIOUS fakes can get the spelling correct...These were just mis-stitched. Perhaps Nike/JB knew this and marked them as "B-Grades" and sold to AR and SDS....

laugh.gif

If I'm to assume that Nike/JB has been selling these sites "B-Grades" I have to assume that they're also selling them scrap parts. If this is the case, then the shoes are still made from authentic materials...Just not created with Nike's consent. Again, at this point it's all assumption.

roll.gif

I think this relates to the last question. Same thing here. Spare/Scrap parts being sold to guys like AR and SDS. If they were indeed totally fake, I think a cease and desist order would have been filed immediately and we would have known about it.

As with everything, I think until we know the absolute truth on these shoes, that people need to proceed with caution. as NY GIANTS 11 mentioned earlier, these types of shoes aren't the fakes were accustomed to seeing. They're not being released in wild unreleased colorways with Spongebob on the side. Nor are they some crazy Air Max-Force 1-Jordan hybrid. These are almost exact to whats being released. Somebody coined the phrase "Super Fakes" this past year, but again it's not something that can be spotted easily from even the most experienced sneakerhead. If they are indeed fake, there's gotta be something that distinguishes them from the real ones. The problem is that the quality has become so bad in the past decade that people have come to expect poor craftsmanship from Nike/JB products. It's sad to see that people would rather have an authentic, poorly made shoe rather than a well made "Superfake." Do your research. If you don't feel comfortable with buying shoes through our buy/sell forums, then you don't have to. Ask questions to the seller...Where did you buy these from originally? Are there any noticeable differences? As far as buying from these sites myself? I can probably count on one hand the amount of times I've bought from early release type sites. And each time, I've also bought an extra pair when they were released in stores...And Each time, the shoes were the exact same. Maybe I missed something but I have yet to find any flaws. It wasn't until this whole concord fiasco that I actually started doubting them....Not enough for me to pick a side but enough for me to hold out from buying again.
- IF THESE ARE B-GRADES WHY ARE THEY ADVERTISED AS A-GRADES? SHADY, NO? THESE FAKES BEING ADVERTISED AS A-GRADES ALLOWS THEM TO CHARGE MORE THAN RETAIL BECAUSE WHO WOULD PAY MORE THAN RETAIL FOR A B-GRADE?
If sites like Air Randy and Slam Dunk Space know they're B-Grades...Then Yes, it's a shady business practice to market them as A-Grades. However, I'm willing to bet that even if they admit to them being B-grades that people would still flock to their sites and buy them if it means having a chance and getting shoes months in advance. Also remember that they're a business. If Nike is truly in fact selling these guys B-Grades or Spare parts they still need to turn around and make a profit from what they're given. I guess you can say the same for Nike/JB itself. We buy shoes from Footlocker, Footaction, Champs all the time expecting high quality A-Gradesand then we get home only to notice the Jumpman's right arm is half missing. How the hell does that happen? People tend to give up quality if the demand is high enough. We see it all the time on here. A "hot" B-Grade shoe gets released at Nike Outlets and people are freaking out in order to cop a pair...Even to a point where they'll buy from re-sellers for above retail price. I've seen it with countless shoes....DMP's, Cool Greys, Carmines, Hares, etc....And let's not forget about the Banned 1's.

I completely agree. But with all fakes, there's always something that distinguishes itself from a legit pair...This is assuming all legit pairs are consistently the same. I tell people in the legit checks forums all the time...we're not trying to distinguish real pairs from fakes, we're trying to distinguish FAKES from real pairs.

They also had OBVIOUS FAKES. AR and SDS don't. If they are in fact selling products out the back door, they're doing something right by Nike. This only adds to the theory that Nike is allowing them to buy B-Grades or Scraps from them.

What made them fake? As I mentioned before, I've bought shoes from early release sites before and never noticed any flaws. Maybe I got lucky and ended up with all legit pairs?

You're correct about this. Too many high in-demand shoes at once caused people to stop and look. I'll even admit this myself. It wasn't until this past year that I started doubting their legitimacy.

True, but why is okay for them to sell shoes early now? If Randy was busted in the past, why has Nike allowed him to open up shop again? With a shoe such as the XX3's we all knew that was being held tightly under wraps. Jordan Brand had people fired over early pictures leaking. That shoe itself was supposed to be an end of an era type shoe and they didn't want ANYONE having it early. Maybe Randy jumped the gun a lil early and messed up by leaking them early? Was he given a cease and desist letter or simply "suspended" on Nike's terms?

I know Ill catch some heat for it but I think my say so on the matter may make somewhat of a difference to some of you.

I used to sell fakes for a good while - like a few years while.  Stopped a couple years ago.  Ive seen all shapes and sizes of fake Jordan concords and spacejams - atleast 50 pair each over that time and from different suppliers.  Some are made well, some are made better than others, but none hold a candle to an authentic paid when held side by side.

I never came across a pair of fake spacejams that made me do a double take thinking it was an 09 or 00 pair.

Last year I hesistantly bought a pair of Cool Greys from SDS not knowing what to expect.  Upon reciept I noticed my pair had some minor manufacturing flaws, however the materials and shape of the shoe were identical to that of the pair i also bought on release day - and i looked them over with a fine tooth comb.  Identical materials is not par for the course when it comes to fakes - EVER. 

Air Randy has been around way before I was selling fakes, so I dont believe for a second that there are only a handful of people overseas that can made such a high quality fake shoe. 

That led me to the conclusion that while my pair had very minor flaws, its materials were indeed very authentic.

Therefore it is no suprise to me that the majority of the pairs of shoes already bought from these sources have some type of workmanship flaw.

Of course AR and SDS claim their shoes are A grades - they are A grades to their standards - not NIKES.  The labeling of an A grade or B grade shoes is subjective to the sellers standards - not the buyers.

I purchased a pair of concords from AR yesterday knowing exactly to expect - an authentic pair with possibly very minor flaws made from authentic materials - and Im ok with that.  

This, there's no way u can call air randy XI's fake when they use carbon fiber...that stuffIS NOT CHEAP as far as contracting da materials & engineering em to da sneakers.They're obviously beong obtained from a nefarious source...but fake? Its a insult to intelligenceTo group em with liquor store variety fake jordans.Plus as soon as ya TRIED to accuse that everything they carry is fake including those newFoamposite pennys I knew ya aint know what da HELL ya talkin bout...

The only way this will ever be fully resolved is if we ever see one of these on the early release sites. Considering they just did a huge crackdown on sites infringing on US IPs the other day, it seems like sites selling fake sneakers for hundreds of dollars would get a pretty good look from the DoJ and Homeland Security.

ice.jpg

ijapino wrote:
Before I get into dissecting your post, let me first state in no way am I taking sides with these sites...I'm simply playing devil's advocate....I see valid points to both sides, but I still think people need to decide for themselves.

What differences are we talking about and on what shoes specifically? If it's something as subtle as the elephant print being different boldness, let me remind you that the JB quality has always been random. I noticed this even when the 2001 III's came out. I've seen everything from upside down Jumpmans on VIII's to completely mis-stitched errors on other shoes. The whole "JOQDAN" XI's typo isn't enough to prove fake. Even OBVIOUS fakes can get the spelling correct...These were just mis-stitched. Perhaps Nike/JB knew this and marked them as "B-Grades" and sold to AR and SDS....

laugh.gif

If I'm to assume that Nike/JB has been selling these sites "B-Grades" I have to assume that they're also selling them scrap parts. If this is the case, then the shoes are still made from authentic materials...Just not created with Nike's consent. Again, at this point it's all assumption.

roll.gif

I think this relates to the last question. Same thing here. Spare/Scrap parts being sold to guys like AR and SDS. If they were indeed totally fake, I think a cease and desist order would have been filed immediately and we would have known about it.

As with everything, I think until we know the absolute truth on these shoes, that people need to proceed with caution. as NY GIANTS 11 mentioned earlier, these types of shoes aren't the fakes were accustomed to seeing. They're not being released in wild unreleased colorways with Spongebob on the side. Nor are they some crazy Air Max-Force 1-Jordan hybrid. These are almost exact to whats being released. Somebody coined the phrase "Super Fakes" this past year, but again it's not something that can be spotted easily from even the most experienced sneakerhead. If they are indeed fake, there's gotta be something that distinguishes them from the real ones. The problem is that the quality has become so bad in the past decade that people have come to expect poor craftsmanship from Nike/JB products. It's sad to see that people would rather have an authentic, poorly made shoe rather than a well made "Superfake." Do your research. If you don't feel comfortable with buying shoes through our buy/sell forums, then you don't have to. Ask questions to the seller...Where did you buy these from originally? Are there any noticeable differences? As far as buying from these sites myself? I can probably count on one hand the amount of times I've bought from early release type sites. And each time, I've also bought an extra pair when they were released in stores...And Each time, the shoes were the exact same. Maybe I missed something but I have yet to find any flaws. It wasn't until this whole concord fiasco that I actually started doubting them....Not enough for me to pick a side but enough for me to hold out from buying again.
If sites like Air Randy and Slam Dunk Space know they're B-Grades...Then Yes, it's a shady business practice to market them as A-Grades. However, I'm willing to bet that even if they admit to them being B-grades that people would still flock to their sites and buy them if it means having a chance and getting shoes months in advance. Also remember that they're a business. If Nike is truly in fact selling these guys B-Grades or Spare parts they still need to turn around and make a profit from what they're given. I guess you can say the same for Nike/JB itself. We buy shoes from Footlocker, Footaction, Champs all the time expecting high quality A-Grades and then we get home only to notice the Jumpman's right arm is half missing. How the hell does that happen? People tend to give up quality if the demand is high enough. We see it all the time on here. A "hot" B-Grade shoe gets released at Nike Outlets and people are freaking out in order to cop a pair...Even to a point where they'll buy from re-sellers for above retail price. I've seen it with countless shoes....DMP's, Cool Greys, Carmines, Hares, etc....And let's not forget about the Banned 1's.

I completely agree. But with all fakes, there's always something that distinguishes itself from a legit pair...This is assuming all legit pairs are consistently the same. I tell people in the legit checks forums all the time...we're not trying to distinguish real pairs from fakes, we're trying to distinguish FAKES from real pairs.

They also had OBVIOUS FAKES. AR and SDS don't. If they are in fact selling products out the back door, they're doing something right by Nike. This only adds to the theory that Nike is allowing them to buy B-Grades or Scraps from them.

What made them fake? As I mentioned before, I've bought shoes from early release sites before and never noticed any flaws. Maybe I got lucky and ended up with all legit pairs?

You're correct about this. Too many high in-demand shoes at once caused people to stop and look. I'll even admit this myself. It wasn't until this past year that I started doubting their legitimacy.

True, but why is okay for them to sell shoes early now? If Randy was busted in the past, why has Nike allowed him to open up shop again? With a shoe such as the XX3's we all knew that was being held tightly under wraps. Jordan Brand had people fired over early pictures leaking. That shoe itself was supposed to be an end of an era type shoe and they didn't want ANYONE having it early. Maybe Randy jumped the gun a lil early and messed up by leaking them early? Was he given a cease and desist letter or simply "suspended" on Nike's terms?

GOOD POST IJAPINO.

I DISAGREE WITH MOST OF THE POINTS YOU MADE BUT I RESPECT YOUR OPINION.

IN MY OPINION, THE DEBATE WILL NEVER END BECAUSE PEOPLE WHO BUY FROM THESE SPOTS DON'T WANT TO COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT THEIR ENTIRE COLLECTION IS FAKE. THOSE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ARGUMENT CAN'T BE CONVINCED THE SHOES ARE REAL BECAUSE OF ALL THE EVIDENCE PILING UP TO THE CONTRARY, NOT TO MENTION THE IN HAND SIDE BY SIDE COMPARISON OF THE SHOES MAKES IT OBVIOUS THE REAL VS. THE FAKE.

IF YOU HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU RECEIVE THEN, MORE POWER TO YOU! ENJOY.

I JUST HATE COMING ON HERE AND SEE POSTS WHERE PEOPLE ASK ABOUT A SITE LIKE AIR RANDY TRYING TO GET INFO AND PEOPLE POST, "LEGIT".

I'M JUST
indifferent.gif
, O REALLY? LEAVING OUT A LOT OF INFO AND CONTROVERSARY THERE SPREADING FALSE INFO.

IT WAS A POST LIKE THAT THAT GOT ME TO BUY FROM THESE EARLY SITES YEARS AGO.

How can u call jordans or any nikes with real carbon fiber fake?

As long as fakes been around, none have used it.

im willing to bet my flints & foams from SDS have zoom in them lol wen they get beat ima split them open for yall 2 see. if the tech is right for these early shoes how they fake?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Are you talking about the same "real carbon fiber" that Air randy pairs had? The same "real carbon fiber" that was peeling off and people were scratching into it with just their nails? Ok. "real carbon fiber" lmao.

Sticker carbon fiber, see thru toe cap, JOQDAN on tongues, pre-yellowed mesh, crooked 23s in multiple different fonts/sizes on heel, jumpman touching ball on the sole of shoe, soy sauce stains like randy been eating on the shoes, etc. I can go on and on. I think the cherry on top to all of this is that NOOBLEE called it all out before a single pair was EVEN SHIPPED!!!

ijapino wrote:

laugh.gif

roll.gif

If sites like Air Randy and Slam Dunk Space know they're B-Grades...Then Yes, it's a shady business practice to market them as A-Grades. However, I'm willing to bet that even if they admit to them being B-grades that people would still flock to their sites and buy them if it means having a chance and getting shoes months in advance. Also remember that they're a business. If Nike is truly in fact selling these guys B-Grades or Spare parts they still need to turn around and make a profit from what they're given. I guess you can say the same for Nike/JB itself. We buy shoes from Footlocker, Footaction, Champs all the time expecting high quality A-Grades and then we get home only to notice the Jumpman's right arm is half missing. How the hell does that happen? People tend to give up quality if the demand is high enough. We see it all the time on here. A "hot" B-Grade shoe gets released at Nike Outlets and people are freaking out in order to cop a pair...Even to a point where they'll buy from re-sellers for above retail price. I've seen it with countless shoes....DMP's, Cool Greys, Carmines, Hares, etc....And let's not forget about the Banned 1's.

GOOD POST IJAPINO.

I DISAGREE WITH MOST OF THE POINTS YOU MADE BUT I RESPECT YOUR OPINION.

IN MY OPINION, THE DEBATE WILL NEVER END BECAUSE PEOPLE WHO BUY FROM THESE SPOTS DON'T WANT TO COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT THEIR ENTIRE COLLECTION IS FAKE. THOSE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ARGUMENT CAN'T BE CONVINCED THE SHOES ARE REAL BECAUSE OF ALL THE EVIDENCE PILING UP TO THE CONTRARY, NOT TO MENTION THE IN HAND SIDE BY SIDE COMPARISON OF THE SHOES MAKES IT OBVIOUS THE REAL VS. THE FAKE.

IF YOU HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU RECEIVE THEN, MORE POWER TO YOU! ENJOY.

I JUST HATE COMING ON HERE AND SEE POSTS WHERE PEOPLE ASK ABOUT A SITE LIKE AIR RANDY TRYING TO GET INFO AND PEOPLE POST, "LEGIT".

I'M JUST
indifferent.gif
, O REALLY? LEAVING OUT A LOT OF INFO AND CONTROVERSARY THERE SPREADING FALSE INFO.

IT WAS A POST LIKE THAT THAT GOT ME TO BUY FROM THESE EARLY SITES YEARS AGO.
I see both sides of the debate having very valid points but the clincher for me was the 2 PAIRS of Ray 13's I got but more than anything the Beats by Dre Studio Pro's.  I just think that if they can construct a set of headphones to look identical to the real thing, a pair of sneakers is joke to put together.......carbon fiber included. 

Originally Posted by ninjahood

if it's out there then someone can get their hands on it.
you and i may not be able to make shoes in our bedrooms but others could have access to someone who works at a factory whether it be a nike licensed or unlicensed one.
there are bootlegs and replicas of everything we buy on a daily basis. times have changed and people have greater access to better materials at a lower cost these days as well as a more cost efficient means to put them together whether it be shoes, electronics, etc.

good article, Daver.
it sheds a good light on the subject and may open people's eyes to a different view even if they don't share it.
personally i feel these early releases are simply great replicas.
a person can roll around in a lamborghini countach kit from 80's and think they're flossin but it will never be the real thing.

and i thought this thread was lock worthy from the get
embarassed.gif

good input from some of you.
bravo.

THIS DUDE.

CARBON FIBER?

YOU KNOW THEY FAKING WHOLE APPLE STORES NOW?
apple's dilema =/= Nike

soon as i bring up some fact ya wanna be dismissive
grin.gif

i was in highschool when da wave of chinese fakes flooded highschools nationwide to a bunch of then naive consumers...these are DEFINITELY not fake, u can't call em fake if they got all da technology, and made with all 100% materials..

thats like calling a lab made diamond fake because it wasn't acquired thru traditional mining efforts.

i seen early release pairs in fordham road in da BX sell for 3-4 times as much in person, japino has bought early pairs and release pairs which were identical....da case ya making that "these are fake" is so weak its laughable....

8556b9b019b66175c4f682c3a1b23c95.image.666x443.jpg

another early shoe thats this guy has had for a while...

ImageShow.php

yea...if ya think these are fake then you might as well not even buy either when they drop
laugh.gif

da fact that these cats's foamposite record is spotless leads me to believe that ya on da biggest witch hunt ever....

NO ONE can reproduce REAL foamposites other then factories that have AUTHORIZED MOLDS

nike-zoom-rookie-lwp-penny-hybrid-yellow-black-44%281%29-z.jpg

nike-air-foamposite-one-red-metallic-silver-91%283%29-z.jpg
not even CLOSE....

i attribute da rampant stupiditiy on this witch hunt on 2 things.....

1. young NAIVE jordan collectors are sipping da kool-aid that JB's hype engine has built over da years...that facade that "hey these sneakers are supposed to be PERFECT..and anything other then PERFECTION reeks of fake"!

sorry kids...jordans are mass produced pieces of rubber, leather, and sitiching...if EVERYONE who had a digital camera took a pic of a pair they bought and we all compared em to each other under a microscope they would ALL have minor imperfections.

its da way of da beast.

2. ya seriously underestimate da greed factor of human beings...if you worked at a nike factory and you KNEW how much retro jordans were going for in da aftermarket and you had da access to churn out kicks on your off time to peddle to a middle man for a healthy

profit, especially when you techincally live in a 3rd world emerging country where doing this would bring a wind fall of cash you otherwise make with Nike's outsource contract salaries? c'mon its a no-brainer...doesn't mean that da products are "fake"...it DEFINITELY

means there is corruption going on within da manufacturing process..ya act like NIKE/JB is da only people that go thru this...LV, GUCCI, etc.got facilities where things are made..you'd be a FOOL to thing if things don't slip under da radar..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom