Early Releases are High Quality Fakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do not support fakes.  They are part of a multi-billion dollar industry that funds organized crime and terrorism.

LOL

because people dont know better

they see a shoe that doesnt release for a month or two and see the price tag and think its legit

if you see red toro IV for $150 shipped a few months in advance, would you trust it?

the sites arent stupid, they put high prices to fool people regardless if the shoes are authentic or not

somehow correct. but its not cheap to get those good early releases
as of right now, it still costs $300 to get a pair of toros from the supplier.
websites like air randy and those arent the same people from the grey market factories so they still pay a fair amount to get the shoes in.

they "claim" to be paying a lot for these shoes

they arent

if they are paying $300 to get a pair of IV's then they are doing it wrong unless they are HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY limited which im almost sure they arent.

As some of you know, I've worked in several NIKE Basketball categories (retail, sports marketing, and research and development).  I think I can shed some light on the discussion. 

Unauthorized shoes that are sold before the release date should not be called "early releases" because NIKE did not manufacture or distribute them.  Only NIKE has the ability to release product before launch dates, which are federal trade agreements.   An example of legitimate advance product (early releases) would be special make-ups like team bank colorways or player exclusives.  Also, there are no NIKE wholesalers because only approved retail accounts sell their products. 

There is nothing "gray" about the counterfeit shoes market.  Shoes produced without permission at NIKE factories with NIKE components are still considered counterfeit.  They are not covered under warranty because the quality cannot be controlled.  As several people have already pointed out, B-Grades are genuine NIKE products with cosmetic blemishes that will not affect the performance of the shoe. 

The person that said the previous picture was a knockoff (as opposed to a counterfeit) was entirely correct.  A counterfeit uses registered trademarks illegally - a knockoff just uses similar logos.

And any website that has full size runs of rare, "early release", or vintage shoes is obviously selling counterfeit merchandise.

Please do not support fakes.  They are part of a multi-billion dollar industry that funds organized crime and terrorism.
This...brings up a very important point. If these shoes are void from warranty from Nike because they are not authorized, then these are flat out fake/counterfeit. Same materials or not, if the warranty behind the purported shoe that it is trying to be passed off as real is voided, they are FAKE. And that's the truth regardless if it's "counterfeit, fraud or corruption" to you.

who gives an eff about a warranty?

thanks for your "truth". it contributed greatly to society :rolleyes. deeerrrrrrrrp.

so many mugs, not enough cool-aid.

Last edited:
Would you go to the Mercedes dealership and purchase a brand new 2013/14 S500 without a warranty? Meaning the company is not backing up your purchase at all for any reason. Wouldn't that raise a red flag to a reasonable person?
At the end of the day if you want to buy fakes or grey markets or whatever you are categorizing then that's fine by me. LOL one more pair at retail for everyone else.

A pair of shoes are a bit different to a new car. Learn how analogies work and try again.

Would you go to the Mercedes dealership and purchase a brand new 2013/14 S500 without a warranty? Meaning the company is not backing up your purchase at all for any reason. Wouldn't that raise a red flag to a reasonable person?
At the end of the day if you want to buy fakes or grey markets or whatever you are categorizing then that's fine by me. LOL one more pair at retail for everyone else.

Does that mean you don't buy clothes unless they have warranty? LOL

Does that mean you don't buy clothes unless they have warranty? LOL
Lol funny. No but that does mean I would be more compelled to go to the mall and spend $350 in the True Religion store on a pair of jeans I know for a fact are legit than spend $100 on a pair that I question the authenticity on. Same thing with Gucci, Louis Vuitton or any high end brands. I would much rather pay the crazy prices for a belt/wallet etc because I know they are legit instead of risking the purchase on the same or similar item for even half the cost from a questionable source.

All this really dont matter...

They are all junk, early releases or not.  Jordan ivs are notorious for cracking midsoles and crappy leather nowadays.  Some even after single use...check the jordan iv bred thread.  Sucks because I love jordan ivs.  

Last edited:

That is the worst comparison ever.

You do know people buy cars without warranties right?

The automotive industry and buying shoes are two completely different worlds with completely different terms...

When's the last time you got a warrant on a shirt?

Last edited:
For my what consideration?

I consider that irrelevant. I'll let you work out why, if you can.

All this really dont matter...

They are all junk, early releases or not.  Jordan ivs are notorious for cracking midsoles and crappy leather nowadays.  Some even after single use...check the jordan iv bred thread.  Sucks because I love jordan ivs.  
no...what doesn't matter is your post. We aren't discussing quality at all. FOH with that.Go play in the nike retro forum or something. We undestand JB quality. That isn't the issue here. And for what it's worth, my Bred IVs have over 15 wears in them, and i don't have a single crack. Same with my military blues, and cavs ivs. Not one crack. Several wears on all pairs. 

Last edited:
Buy what you want from where you want.  If you want early release pairs then go for it.  The only thing that I see that's negative is  if you try to resell them pretending that they are bought from Eastbay, Footlocker, etc.  If you are going to wear them, then be proud of your purchase and keep it moving.  Besides who gonna know if they are early release or not.  It's hilarious how people talk about carbon fiber, glue stains, and stitching on shoes.  Who in the hell is going to stop you and say let me feel the carbon fiber or see the stitching on your early release Grape V's.  No one, that's who.  Because outside of these forums..NO ONE CARES.  I promise you they don't.  
laugh.gif

^
ya, people's problem with fakes shouldn't be based on who might call them out,
should be based on what you feal is right
& if you're a fake cat...by all means...go buy some fakes

when i've waited in line for sneakers over the past few years, a lot of the younger crowd
was obsessed with everyone else's opinion of a particular shoe

one of em even told me he didn't like my air trainer retros - and looked me over seemingly waiting
for me to get upset & fire back...i simply told him 'i don't care - i like them - that's what it's about.'
he seemed confused for a second....then later caught up with me after he copped just to say good-bye!

It's hilarious how people talk about carbon fiber, glue stains, and stitching on shoes.  Who in the hell is going to stop you and say let me feel the carbon fiber or see the stitching on your early release Grape V's.  No one, that's who.  Because outside of these forums..NO ONE CARES.  I promise you they don't.  
laugh.gif
THIS! I look at people's shoes all the time and let me tell you, I might see 3 people with Jordans or Lebrons. No one wears them where I live.

Last edited:
I, for one, believe early releases are all fake. If you think some small website has enough juice to get Nike to release shoes to them before the major retailers you are wrong. Nike would piss off a lot of stores and companies for showing favoritism like that. Buy shoes on release day, maybe a day (possibly 2 days) early if at a boutique but that's it. Nike doesn't ship out shoes early. Also b-grades, in my experience, have been released much later than the original release. Why would they put out the sh*t product before the good one? Haha early release... Hahahahaha

Last edited:
I, for one, believe early releases are all fake. If you think some small website has enough juice to get Nike to release shoes to them before the major retailers you are wrong. Nike would piss off a lot of stores and companies for showing favoritism like that. Buy shoes on release day, maybe a day (possibly 2 days) early if at a boutique but that's it. Nike doesn't ship out shoes early. Also b-grades, in my experience, have been released much later than the original release. Why would they put out the sh*t product before the good one? Haha early release... Hahahahaha
But what about those sites that sell the Asian releases to the US market?  My boys are stationed in Japan and Korea, and they get their foams from licensed retailers way before us.  I have even been tempted on occasion to have them send me a pair of Foams weeks in advance to avoid the nonsense in here in the states.

That was posted on NICEKICKS earlier this week. I posted it in the other thread

Dude reporting is talking chinengrish with his emphasis on the last syllable of every word but its worth a listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom