East bay Folks: Good places to live across the bridge?

what up bay area folks. Beginning to think that living in the city is overrated. I haven't ventured too much into Oakland or anywhere across the bridge because I don't have wheels. I work in the financial district and my buddy attends Berkeley so we're interested in finding a place that is the median for us logistically.

I hear the Lake Merritt area is cool but have never ventured over there. Can anyone be kind enough to provide recommendations for decent places to live in Oaktown, Berkeley or Rockbridge? Much obliged

It sounds like North Oakland would be a great fit.

Rockridge is one of the most affluent neighborhoods in the east bay, it might look modest but it's expensive. Great area though, good food, great schools. Other neighborhoods in North Oakland I'd recommend are Temescal and Bushrod, cheaper than Rockridge, younger demographics, equally close to UC Berkeley and BART. Same can be said for most of South Berkeley. Lake Merritt is also a great area. Lots of young people, lots of nice apartments with nice views. Closer to the bar scene, close to BART.

You really can't go wrong with any those are the areas.

I'd stay away from East Oakland, there are some perfectly fine neighborhoods but you'll be further from SF and Berkeley. Stay away from the deep recesses of West Oakland.

Stay away from central Berkeley and anything near campus unless you don't mind being bent over.

Last edited:
Check out Hopkins Park Apartments in North Berkeley. It's right next to Cedar Rose Park and 2 blks away from North Berkeley Bart Station.

Good looks, family. Found a spot on Grand a block away from Lake Merritt. Heard that was a good neighborhood. I'm mad excited about Oaktown. It's so diverse.

The City is wack.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom