East Coast NTers...First an Earthquake, now a Hurricane? Vol. Irene

Originally Posted by AJChick23

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

Originally Posted by AJChick23

laugh.gif
it's not going to be as bad as you think..

BUT, as a native Floridian...you can paypal me 5 bucks and I'll teach you some survival techniques if you're really worried.
Just survival tecniques huh?
grin.gif
I can teach you how to spell technique too..
wink.gif
roll.gif

I really hope power doesn't go out but I'm kinda expecting the worst at this point
ohwell.gif

it's the flooding I'm worried about

moving everything into storage... for the 3rd time this year, VERY ANNOYING!

Google maps and the NOAA Hurricane Center worked together on a map of the projected path of Irene, since I've been putting most of the maps up for the last few pages ill put up one more.
screenshot20110826at138.png

I live in a one story house, so I'm kinda worried about flooding. Other than that, I'm ready.

Dealt with a hurricane before, this will be no different for me.

I hope work gets shut down
pimp.gif

hope my Eastcoast nters are safe throughout this ordeal, get supplies, flashlights and essentials just incase
best of luck to you all.

I'll be out there in the thick of it doing EMS work. My wifey is definately going to be stuck at the hospital pulling doubles but I rather her be there.

If you're in the southern BK area don't leave your crib unless you HAVE to and don't die. I don't wanna see ya'll.
laugh.gif

Honestly. Be safe everyone. Better to be overprepared than overwhelmed.

My people all along the east coast be safe, my prayers are going out to everyone. I'm in nc, 704 doesn't look we're gonna get anything, could be wrong. After seeing those pics, it looks like NYC could get hit hard. I talked to my aunt just now in Astoria and she said they're prepared for the worst possible scenario. This could get ugly...

Originally Posted by THE QBZ

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

wouldn't a battery powered light source be more effective (and safer) than charcoal/lighter fluid?
laugh.gif

bigger concern is the flooding as opposed to the wind, but this storm is HUGE and with the slow movement.....flooding will be an issue.
the charoal and light fluid is for cooking,hot water ...forgot to post get a good flashlight.

Its also crazy how people come together during these things especially when it comes to watching each others back...well that was my experience where i was at

i hope you don't mean that you are supposed to burn the charcoal indoors... that is easy carbon monoxide poisoning. 

I'm parking my car a couple blocks away at the top of a hill tomorrow morning. I'll be damned if I lose my 745 over flooding.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

i love hurricanes.

Then you definitely haven't been in one.

Those of you who are gonna be affected by Irene, just try to secure your home/apartment/condo as best as possible.

Also stock up on supplies like bottled water, batteries, flashlights etc.

It's pretty much inevitable that there will be a prolonged power outage due to storm.

Irene came through here yesterday and the power was out from 6am and didn't come back on until 11 that night.

Just take the necessary precautions and you'll be fine.

Stay safe everyone.

You would of thought aliens were invading us or something. 30 mins on line for some damn cold cuts? Cmon son

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

i love hurricanes.

Then you definitely haven't been in one.

Those of you who are gonna be affected by Irene, just try to secure your home/apartment/condo as best as possible.

Also stock up on supplies like bottled water, batteries, flashlights etc.

It's pretty much inevitable that there will be a prolonged power outage due to storm.

Irene came through here yesterday and the power was out from 6am and didn't come back on until 11 that night.

Just take the necessary precautions and you'll be fine.

Stay safe everyone.

mmmm actually i have. i was in south carolina for hurricane hugo and i was in sc for quite a few others. i was also in dc when isabella hit.

Yeah, saying you love a destructive force of nature like a hurricane is a lame attempt at sounding cool for living through some.

Is like saying I love it when

Volcanoes erupt
Earhquakes tear apart cities
Tsunamis swipe coasts clean.

damn its crazy how Mayor Bloomberg announced earlier that MTA will be closed tomorrow at 12pm noon.

Be safe, everyone.

y'all be careful and be prepared for your cell phone not to have service because to many calls or the storm taking out the cell towers

Back
Top Bottom