East Coast NTers...First an Earthquake, now a Hurricane? Vol. Irene

Originally Posted by alleyzonjay

Originally Posted by timbo109

I find it ridiculous that the weather people on tv are out and about but during their reports they warn against going outside or chastise other people for being out there as if they, as weather reporters, are some kind of trained professionals in terms of hurricane survival.

its their job to be out there reporting, would you appreciate the weather update from inside a room somewhere with them giving you assumptions of whats going on? i swear some of yall are....
tired.gif
Yeah I understand that.  I'm not against them being out there; I'm all for that, but I don't like them using the fact they're getting paid to be out there as justification for the rest of us not going outside.

homegirl in west orange has no lights, a tree fell and smashed her deck... better the deck than the house tho.

I live in Bel Air MD. Harford County north east MD. We were supposed to get hit pretty hard according to the weather people.

It rained and now it's windy. I keep having power surges but havent lost power for longer then 5 seconds since this storm began

Why do they always hype these things up so much like we were going to be kayaking down the roads.

Told ppl that it wasn't going to be Armageddon. It's not even a hurricane and didn't make landfall as a hurricane, as I suspected. This was overexaggerated, period. Reporters oversold this for ratings. Ppl need to use logic. One cat 2 hurricane that makes landfall in NC, heads north over land and cooler waters will weaken dramatically. We have examples. I don't know why everyone was acting like this was the first hurricane ever.

^ Yeah well it's better to be safe than sorry. NY'ers just want to make sure were prepared for any and everything, We just have that "WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!" mentality.

The sun's coming out...Hmmm....

the sun made an appearance but it's just windy...look up in the sky and it looks like a hole in the clouds (swirling) with the sun in the middle...wow....anybody see something like this? 
nerd.gif

nyers normally use logic and common sense. It feels embarrassing to see us run around like Annie and Susie Mae in the south would from a lil snow because of a tropical storm.

Anyone with an ounce of common sense could have predicted this using past examples of cat 1 or 2 storms that make landfall in one area and travel to another. They usually go from hurricanes to tropical storms to tropical depressions.

If our overlord dictator, I mean our mayor didn't @!!* up the snowstorm then he wouldn't have to oversell this storm.

It's times like this I wish I had a window that actually showed the outside world, and not just another building a few feet away from me...

But power's still up and running in lower manhattan for now, so I'm happy

Originally Posted by debs 168

Told ppl that it wasn't going to be Armageddon. It's not even a hurricane and didn't make landfall as a hurricane, as I suspected. This was overexaggerated, period. Reporters oversold this for ratings. Ppl need to use logic. One cat 2 hurricane that makes landfall in NC, heads north over land and cooler waters will weaken dramatically. We have examples. I don't know why everyone was acting like this was the first hurricane ever.
yeah, when the storm passed over the carolinas with minimal damage but nothing catastrophic, that should have been an indication that this was not going to be the end of the world for NYC....

Man that wind was CRAZY last night where I was at. Thought the windows were gonna get blown out. Must've been that tornado passing through.

I knew nothing would really come of this., at least in my area(Brooklyn)
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

For those that did get damage, I hope everything is okay.

Heard from someone that had to stay in my neighborhood that my street on Long Island is flooded and a tree near my neighbor's house fell.
I'm hoping when I get home on Monday that the flooding isn't too bad and no tree fell on my house.  
frown.gif

I don't think I've seen a gathering of so many idiots in a while. Are people seriously complaining about the storm being a bust? I'm sure the same people would be complaining if city had not done enough and the storm was worse than expected.

Back
Top Bottom