East Coast NTers...First an Earthquake, now a Hurricane? Vol. Irene

as i said b4 ... there was no way this was gonna compare to the record rainfall we got 2 weeks ago ... ehhh ... rather this then something od anyways .... some small branches in the street ... the sun was out a lil while ago as well ...

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Pulled off NY1.com

"Officials say there won't be service on Monday morning, and that it's unlikely service will be restored for the Monday evening rush."
No school for me tomorrow, and it's technically my first day back
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by bkmac

Is that the sun I see trying to come out? 
roll.gif

i don't know what part of bk you in, but it's been coming out since this morning lol..
When I woke up to use the bathroom earlier this morning, it was still cloudy, but now I see bright daylight around my way.

Irene downgraded to a tropical storm. Typical: you think you're hot %$%!, then you come to NYC and you're not as big a deal as you thought.

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Pulled off NY1.com

"Officials say there won't be service on Monday morning, and that it's unlikely service will be restored for the Monday evening rush."

Aww man.

Saw a whole tree uprooted and fallen onto a house and another branch on top of a car.
pimp.gif
No damage, still alive.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Just have to sweep the mess of leaves and back to normal.

Originally Posted by vasweetz

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

I just thank God my power didn't go out. Bge ftw. Good luck ny. It's yalls turn. its still raining here so ill be still chilling in the house...this may be far fetched but they said over a million ppl in the Dmv are without power.
The storm overall wasn't as bad as they hyped it up to be, not like Isabel at least. My lights flickered on/off, and the power went out for literally a minute, then came back on. I had to drop a friend off this morning and there are A LOT of trees/branches down in the area, but other than that no real damage that I've seen. I'm glad I moved out of VA, they are predicting up to 2 weeks without power.
eek.gif
ohwell.gif

me too. dominion power sucks. bge has the lowest amount of power outages according to my local news. lots of pepco ppl out too. i want to go out today but im worried about the puddles since my car already sits low to the ground.

People are actually complaining because it wasn't that bad?

Yall want to deal with the after effects of a Cat 3-5?

I don't get it

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

People are actually complaining because it wasn't that bad?

Yall want to deal with the after effects of a Cat 3-5?

I don't get it
people aren't complaining because it wasn't that bad. people are complaining because it's never that bad, but they hype things up to be.

this is not a funny matter because things could have been worse but, They should rename this Hurricane LeBron, all the hype, completely overrated and a huge disappointment. LOL

Originally Posted by alleyzonjay

this is not a funny matter because things could have been worse but, They should rename this Hurricane LeBron, all the hype, completely overrated and a huge disappointment. LOL

grin.gif
laugh.gif

im just glad the power didn't go out and we didn't get flooded... now i can turn my cell phone back on 
laugh.gif

damn....if you see channel 7, they were showing the damage on a street in east elmhurst, queens 
eek.gif
wow...all the poles snapped, the wires are down, trees all over the place....looks like hell

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

its like nothing ever happened 
pimp.gif

eyes.gif
@ Tuesday

Effin a, well I'm not going to class tomorrow then considering mta is the only way I can get there.

%%@* was pretty real out in parts of queens and long island. i'm in northwestern nassau and the trees were leaning back like fat joe

i know the south shore caught it worse. worst was between 5 and 7 in the morning. it wasn't cute

glad nothing major happened

Originally Posted by Jello B Afro

%%@* was pretty real out in parts of queens and long island. i'm in northwestern nassau and the trees were leaning back like fat joe

i know the south shore caught it worse. worst was between 5 and 7 in the morning. it wasn't cute

glad nothing major happened

Good to hear nothing major hit.  I was still half asleep but I heard some parts of Nassau are getting evacuated?

My part of Queens didn't get hit that bad.  Some huge trees fell down on Park Lane South a few blocks away and Atlantic Ave is kinda flooded with some power lines down.  Big flooding by the projects/park in Astoria apparently.  Glad to hear for the most part, everyone is OK
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Punishya

All you saying nothing is coming are idiots. Have you watched the news? The storm is less than 8 hours away, they arent predicting a storm for next week where a storms track can change, or the amount of moisture it picks up decimates or the temperture of the ocean changes they are following a storm that is HOURS AWAY. God sometimes I feel like a man amongst boys on this website.
not that serious.....................
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

BTW, It was rain , nothing more than some rain..............nothing to shut down a whole city for..........oh the bank robberies, I hope someone pulled the ill score out there.....

Bergen county checking in...my house didn't get hit too hard at all...just fallen branches and a bit windy.

Glad we took out a lot of the large trees surrounding our house years back.

It's like the media is upset is wasn't as and as bad they "predicted".  Tens of billions of dollars in damage? Hurricane Andrew was about that much.

"once in a century catastrophe.". !*%% outta here.

Back
Top Bottom