East Coast NTers...First an Earthquake, now a Hurricane? Vol. Irene

Just went around my block in queens (flushing/bayside)....a lot of leaves on the floor....felt like autumn

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

People are actually complaining because it wasn't that bad?

Yall want to deal with the after effects of a Cat 3-5?

I don't get it

the hype for this was crazy tho. 24/7 coverage. @!+% hits new york and theres hardly any damage. it didn't even last long, it was like any other random bad thunderstorm we've had here in ny.

Anyone remember that tornado in queens a year or 2 ago? that left way more damage than this.

this was my boy's status on FB. i think its so true..."Corporate America 1000. Hysterical gullible Americans 0..."

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

damn....if you see channel 7, they were showing the damage on a street in east elmhurst, queens�
eek.gif
wow...all the poles snapped, the wires are down, trees all over the place....looks like hell
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/video?id=8331700

I think it was good that they took strong precautionary measures. Good to know the hurricane wasn't as bad as predicted. But, always better to be safe than sorry. We were supposed to stay in NYC one more night and leave Sunday afternoon. I am glad we decided to leave Saturday afternoon. It would have sucked driving 7 hours back after trying to get through flooded streets, heavy rainfall,strong winds, and downed trees. I really really hate the name Irene now. Reminds me of me panicking and being in a pissy mood for cutting our trip short.
laugh.gif

I hope all of you in the path of the Hurricane stayed safe.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

People are actually complaining because it wasn't that bad?

Yall want to deal with the after effects of a Cat 3-5?

I don't get it

the hype for this was crazy tho. 24/7 coverage. @!+% hits new york and theres hardly any damage. it didn't even last long, it was like any other random bad thunderstorm we've had here in ny.

Anyone remember that tornado in queens a year or 2 ago? that left way more damage than this.

this was my boy's status on FB. i think its so true..."Corporate America 1000. Hysterical gullible Americans 0..."

But who was hysterical though
laugh.gif

Most people spent money on extra groceries...that they will be eating anyway.
MAYBE some flashlights were purchased. And free weatherchannel.com apps downloaded.
I guess I just don't see the bottom line that the people saying "this hurricane hysteria pushed the economy" do.
Can someone enlighten me? Srs.

One down tree taking out two cars around my way (forest hills, queens)
Been driving around trying to see what damage there was. Mostly small branches and leaves everywhere.

Just got my power back. I'm in North jersey.. Some of our town got flooding due to the Passaic River 
sick.gif
 Thank god I live on the opposite side of town...
roll.gif
 at the pic of the guy chillin in his flooded house 

Back
Top Bottom