Ebay buyer wants to return my shoes, please help

Ok so I listed my J's online and apparently I did not show enough "pictures" even though there's 8 detailed pictures. 

I sold my black and gold 1's and it's 7.5/10 condition and he bought them for about 94

he said my pictures didn't show creases when it clearly did

now he wants refund or "partial refund" how should I handle this? 

Ok so I listed my J's online and apparently I did not show enough "pictures" even though there's 8 detailed pictures. 

I sold my black and gold 1's and it's 7.5/10 condition and he bought them for about 94

he said my pictures didn't show creases when it clearly did

now he wants refund or "partial refund" how should I handle this? 

Did your listing say that uoi accept returns? If not you aren't obligated to givebthe buyer anu kind of refund at all. But the downside to that is that he'll probably leave negative feedback out of spite. But if you did say in the listing that returns are accepted, you have to work out some sort of resolution with the buyer. I'm a big ebay seller so I understand your situation. One time I sold an item and the guy asked for a refund after I had already spent his payment money. I hope you didn't make the same mistake haha

i wouldnt accept it. he proabably wore them or got a better deal or swaped out the shoe with a fake. i always take alot of photos and  describe the condition in every photo. good luck. i would give that dude nothing. you get what you pay for

man he had to know for $90 bucks they were not in pristine condition. I personally wouldnt budge here. However if you stated in your listing you accept returns you may have too in this case.. Make the buyer pay return shipping if so though(with tracking). Also make sure they are in the same condition they were when you sold them B4 sending the refund out.. if you choose to...

Honestly people crack me up with this creasing BS now a days, they take it a little far sometimes IMO.. THEY ARE SHOES FOR GOD SAKE people. they gonna crease! 

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys

This is my listing, my details were
[table][tr][td]
"Got these Air Jordan 1 (I) Retro -- Black / Metallic Gold were released on December 23, 2003. Size 9.5 No original box but if you don't know your kicks, I'll show you my niketalk fake check thread to prove their 100% AUTHENTIC. No returns, have 5+ pictures up to show you all the details. thanks"
[/td][/tr][/table]
I have 5-8 pictures up and yes he only paid $94 for them, I sure as hell wouldn't think they were in pristine condition as well if I bought these. I have a close up pic and different pictures to show most of the details (even with flash or no flash). Of course most shoes will have creases if their a decade old and I started the bid at $70, 

Here's what he said in the message

"hi, I received the package already and I would say I was really upset about it. they're so creased up that they're considered beaters. the pics really are not showing the true condition of the shoes. please let me know if you wanna do a partial refund or you want me to ship back the shoes to you and do a full refund. if I don't hear anything from you for the next 24 hours, ill open up a case and let ebay handle this situation. thanks."

I already spent the $ he sent and I told him I'll have to talk to my brother first and do it sometime this week. I was actually considering refunding him until I heard your guys responses. I sent the shoes on Monday, he got them on Wednesday.... Then I didn't hear from him until Saturday at like 1AM

[font=arial, sans-serif]Then he sent another message saying, "[/font]I don't have all week sir. in the next 24 hours ill just open up a case if we can't come up with an agreement"

So he said he is gonna open up a case against me if we can't come up with an agreement, doesn't ebay mostly protects the buyers more than the sellers? Do I have a bad case against me even though I stated No Returns? Will ebay side with him? I sold my other 7's to someone else no problem but this guy is giving me a hard time and I'm scared he's gonna mess them up on purpose or something just to get his $ back and I'll be F'd.

Last edited:
Sorry double post but luckily I took pictures of the shoes before I sent it out to him... yall thinkt his will help against my "case"?!

i would stick to my guns if i was you man. Tell Ebay you stated they had been worn.. then ask them how do you wear a shoe without creasing it? You state NO RETURNS so you dont feel obligated to do so. And he may have worn them by now.. thats pretty much all you should have to say.. i can clearly see creases from the pics you posted. He paid a fair price IMO for the shoes in the above condition. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Yeah if he wasn't happy with them, he shoulda messaged me right away. I got the message on saturday at like 1pm when I was at the club, he could either switch them or even mess them up before sending them back. 

and also can you charge a restocking fee for shoes? I know amazon lets you 20-25% I think

any more advice? thanks

Last edited:
Yeah if he wasn't happy with them, he shoulda messaged me right away. I got the message on saturday at like 1pm when I was at the club, he could either switch them or even mess them up before sending them back. 

and also can you charge a restocking fee for shoes? I know amazon lets you 20-25% I think

any more advice? thanks

Don't stress if he opens up a case against you. Ebay isn't going to come looking for you lol. You'll have the chance to explain the situation and I'm sure you'll come out on top in the end because you clearly haven't done anything wrong here. Keep us updated though

So he wants a partial refund and he wants to keep the sneakers??? Pffttt...

I see plenty of creases on the sneakers from the pics you posted. Honestly I would let him open the case but you can also give him the option of giving him a partial refund but he has to return the sneakers. Similar to what stores do, a restocking fee.

Thanks guys I told him that I clearly stated No Returns and I was being nice to accept the return.  I was gonna charge him a 10% restocking fee and make him pay shipping it back.

So $94 x .1= $84.6 refund

now waiting to hear back from him

Last edited:
i've sold plenty of shoes on ebay. All you gotta do is let him open the case with paypal/ebay then just put your proof in or better yet send him the pictures you just posted. 

Chances are they will chose in your favor but your gonna have to go through the hassle of them holding your money for like a month because they take long to reply. Ebay will do everything in their power to make you two resolve it with each other then their last restore is to handle it themselves.

eBay is getting absolutely to be a ridiculous place to sell.

I have been on there since 1997, and things have changed drastically. If I can use the word "power", both buyer and seller had equal power back then. Now it seems as all the power has been given to the buyer, no matter what.

Only the buyer can leave negative feedback; the seller can only leave a positive.

I have had probably a good 10 plus "new" bidders bid on my stuff, of course not pay, waste my time, and then of course I cannot leave any sort of feedback to them.

And to top it off, if they leave you a negative feedback, the only way to get it changed, is essentially filing a claim TO the buyer to beg for removal. That is the only way.

Even though you clearly state no returns, eBay has the "buyer protection coverage" (BS) so if this person opens up a claim, just state everything you said in here, with your pictures.

I try to take as many detailed pictures as possible, INCLUDING when I package everything up, I take photos of that, incase the buyer says "oh you did a poor job on packaging", which I know is BS.

Anyways, that's my rant. eBay is starting to suck big time.

Thanks guys I told him that I clearly stated No Returns and I was being nice to accept the return.  I was gonna charge him a 10% restocking fee and make him pay shipping it back.

So $94 x .1= $84.6 refund

now waiting to hear back from him
Take them back with a 10% fee... 

Yeah I'm definitely gonna make him pay for shipping, return the shoes, and charge the 10% restocking fee

Damn that is bs you can't remove the negative feedback from new users -_-

UPDATE
[table][tr][td]
s.gif
[/td][/tr][/table]
We're sorry there was a problem with this transaction.
[table][tr][td]
s.gif
[/td][/tr][/table]
Details:
Decision:
We've asked the buyer to return the item to you for full refund.

Comments:
The buyer has been asked to return the item to you. Once tracking shows the item has been delivered to you, the buyer will be issued a full refund.

Even with my pictures (which I doubt they even looked, I had to upload them through a website then give them a link cause ebay doesn't even let you upload pictures on open cases) They didn't do anything, ONCE I escalated it, they sent me that BS message. NO SELLER PROTECTION AT ALL. 

So what if he sends them back F'd up condition? They said hes gonna get a refund as soon as I get it. What if their not in the same condition? What can I do? 

You can't do nothing Ebay/Paypal is a flawed system.  The buyer can send you back a pair of payless shoes and Ebay will refund his money because the trackig number showed it was delivered to you.  Believe that, no BS. 

UPDATE
[table][tr][td]
s.gif
[/td][/tr][/table]
We're sorry there was a problem with this transaction.
[table][tr][td]
s.gif
[/td][/tr][/table]
Details:
Decision:
We've asked the buyer to return the item to you for full refund.

Comments:
The buyer has been asked to return the item to you. Once tracking shows the item has been delivered to you, the buyer will be issued a full refund.

Even with my pictures (which I doubt they even looked, I had to upload them through a website then give them a link cause ebay doesn't even let you upload pictures on open cases) They didn't do anything, ONCE I escalated it, they sent me that BS message. NO SELLER PROTECTION AT ALL. 

So what if he sends them back F'd up condition? They said hes gonna get a refund as soon as I get it. What if their not in the same condition? What can I do? 
Call Ebay and ask for a supervisor possibly? I would try to speak to someone in person instead of emails. I cant see how they can make you give a refund on something that is not still in brand new boxed shape... Tell Ebay there is no way to determine that he is indeed going to send them back in the same condition or send them back at all for that matter. You could just get a brick w a tracking #.. He very well could have worn them a few times as well and is now wanting a refund. I would fight this as far as i could man. You state NO REFUNDS clearly in your listing.

Maybe refuse the package when it comes if you can.. If you dont accept it they cant give him a refund right? Technically it has not been received.. IDK. good luck man.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom