Ebay help vol: Is this safe?

Alright NT fam .. there's an item on eBay that has a BIN of $650+ but I have been messaging the sender back and forth and we agreed upon a deal for $385 shipped. He originally said something about a private auction but just messaged me telling me to

"just go ahead and make a new $1 best offer. i will ACCEPT then send you direct invoice for the FULL $385."

I'm just wondering if there's any way this could go awry and end up with me being scammed? 
nerd.gif

The seller has a feedback score of 18781 with 99.4% positive feedback (which I'm guessing is good).

Yes. that's how a private auction works most of the time. You win the bid for $1 and he sends you an invoice for the full amount.

Yes, I do this myself -it just saves on the ridiculous ebay fees by counting it as postage. There's no more risk than you would have with any other ebay transaction.

the only risk that I could see is that if you end up being scammed and want your money back you wouldn't be able to get it since you'd only get covered for that dollar you won the item with.
but since the seller sent you the invoice with the full amount, it rules that out I suppose. the seller has plenty of feedback as well, which is a good sign.

Originally Posted by Evolution Fight

the only risk that I could see is that if you end up being scammed and want your money back you wouldn't be able to get it since you'd only get covered for that dollar you won the item with.
but since the seller sent you the invoice with the full amount, it rules that out I suppose. the seller has plenty of feedback as well, which is a good sign.

ebay won't cover him but paypal will favor the buyer (seemingly) 99% of the time

^ he probably doesn't want the NT beast possibly contacting the seller and outbidding him.

Originally Posted by Dok

^ he probably doesn't want the NT beast possibly contacting the seller and outbidding him.
laugh.gif
 This and because we can't post live eBay links (think it's against the rules).

Thanks for the input, looks like I'll go through with it. The seller is pretty trusted and all the feedback I've been checking has been good.

But for those interested, its for a pair of kicks 
laugh.gif

inb4 get your priorities straight
inb4 "I would never pay that much"
inb4 General doesn't mess with sneakers

Back
Top Bottom