Ebay StockX Goat Etc.

How Authenticity Guarantee Works
When a sneakers purchase is made, the seller ships it directly to eBay’s independent third-party authentication facility for a comprehensive, multi-point physical inspection. Following this rigorous assessment, the sneakers are sent via expedited shipping to the buyer. Additional details include:

• Proof of Authentication: Upon receiving the sneakers, the independent authenticator confirms they are consistent with the listing title, description, and images, and then performs a multi-point physical authentication inspection. An eBay tag, guaranteeing its authenticity is attached to the sneakers to finalize the process, driving confidence in the collectibility and resale value.
  • Third-Party Authentication: eBay has partnered with industry leader Sneaker Con to create a new state-of-the-art facility – leveraging the top authenticators in the industry, a robust checklist of product specifications, and best-in-class processes to ensure accuracy and efficiency. With rigorous inspection of the box, shoe, and accessories, the authentication underscores eBay’s commitment to giving shoppers exactly what they want.
  • Verified Returns: For sellers who choose to offer returns, eBay’s sneaker authentication program ensures the exact item initially sold is returned to the seller, via a verified returns process. Returns are shipped back directly to the authentication center, where the third-party experts verify each item and its condition before returning to the seller.

Stock x and GOAT don’t get it right all the time. eBay won’t do any better. Either buy retail or in person to check yourself. Other than that, pass

What eBay has over these guys is the 100% refund no matter what. As a seller, that sucks, but as a buyer you have nothing to worry about. You WILL get you money back

Last edited:
ebay had an option to get sneakers authenticated for like $10. Probably still exists. I forget the name of it.

Imagine spending $10 to find out a pair of kick you're interested in are fake? :lol:

I haven't started selling my collection yet, but I would still prefer to use GOAT or STOCK X because even though the fees are higher you're going to get your money.

With eBay if the seller scams you or does a chargeback you're screwed.

GOAT and STOCK X they are the middleman for payment and authentication and eBay is now implementing authentication.

Until eBay fix their policy where the buyer is always right and the seller always pays the price I would rather deal with the other options.

I haven't started selling my collection yet, but I would still prefer to use GOAT or STOCK X because even though the fees are higher you're going to get your money.

GOAT and STOCK X they are the middleman for payment and authentication and eBay is now implementing authentication.

Until eBay fix their policy where the buyer is always right and the seller always pays the price I would rather deal with the other options.
eBay stated that they are going to make sure that the same item that was sold is returned to the seller. The seller is also going to have the option to not accept returns.

I am going to give eBay a shot.

Things are about to get busy, market flooded with kicks. Ebay sees it, then are getting prepared. They know they are the alternate option if fakes get called out on stockx, flightclub and the rest. Of which, I am seeing kicks on flightclub going for a G, that I bought 8 months ago for 59.99.

This is a fact right here. I just still cant trust ebay with valuable items, especially dealing with the sneakerhead demographic. Seems they are phasing out paypal as well and paying sellers directly through their bank accounts.

Not to mention it's prob gonna add costs to the transaction somehow making prices less attractive for either buyer or seller. In my experience stockx and goat have better prices for a seller, and its guaranteed money. Ebay is usually the cheapest option if you're looking to buy. It'll be interesting to see how this affects pricing on the various platforms. I think if they can do this right it can be great but I don't trust ebay to really do anything right.

I hate this so much. I don’t think it’s necessary.

I’ve been buying and selling shoes on eBay since 99-00. Very few problems. I almost never buy anything that doesn’t have pics of the actual shoes. Everything I sell, I take detailed pics so you see everything. Worry about fixing theft and fraud from buyers.

Buyers be doing the same thing. It's a tug-o-war battle. Sellers be scamming buyers, buyers be scamming sellers. In my 17yr ebay history, I've had 3 buyers try and do a chargeback for an "unauthorized purchase." Fortunately, I've won all 3.

Only Jordan's and Yeezy's selling for $200 or more and zero fees (for now)
What is Authenticity Guarantee?
eBay’s Authenticity Guarantee is a service designed to protect sellers and allow buyers to shop with confidence. Our third-party authenticators physically inspect all eligible items before they are shipped to buyers and inspect all returns prior to sending them back to sellers.

At this time, only new Jordan and Yeezy sneakers listed in the Men’s or Women’s Athletic Shoes Categories that sell for $200 or more are eligible for Authenticity Guarantee. We are first including items from select sellers and rapidly expanding to all sellers in sneakers. Check your listings for the “Authenticity Guarantee” blue check mark badge to see if your listings are included at this time. See below for more information on item eligibility.

How does Authenticity Guarantee work?
The “Authenticity Guarantee” blue check mark badge is applied to the listings of all eligible items. When an eligible item is purchased, it automatically ships to our authentication partner. The authenticator thoroughly inspects the item before shipping it to the buyer.

Will I be charged a fee for Authenticity Guarantee?
No. Through Authenticity Guarantee, eBay covers the cost of authentication as well as three-day shipping from our authentication partner to the buyer. Sellers can also enjoy 0% final value fees on items that are eligible for Authenticity Guarantee.

What happens after eBay’s authentication partner receives the sneaker?
After eBay’s authentication partner receives the package, the partner will confirm the item and accessories are consistent with the listing title, description, and images. The partner will then perform a multi-point physical authentication inspection. Finally, an eBay Authenticity Guarantee tag will be attached and programmed with the unique details of the shoes.

What items are eligible for Authenticity Guarantee?
All Yeezy and Jordan sneakers, in new condition, listed in the men’s or women’s athletic shoe categories and sold for $200 or more are eligible for Authenticity Guarantee. Items specified as “Customized” are currently not eligible for authentication. Only items purchased on eBay.com are eligible for Authenticity Guarantee. Items that are listed on eBay.com but located outside the U.S. for delivery to a buyer located within the US may be available for Authenticity Guarantee soon—check back for updates. However, items that ship to a buyer address outside the continental U.S. are not eligible for the program. Unincorporated territories (incl. Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands) and armed forces postal locations are not currently covered.

Are pre-owned sneakers eligible for the program?
At this time, pre-owned sneakers are not eligible for Authenticity Guarantee.

When will Authenticity Guarantee be available to me as a seller?
At launch, Authenticity Guarantee will only be available to a select group of sellers. Through the month of December, we will be expanding to all sellers with inventory that fits the eligibility criteria. Check your listings for the “Authenticity Guarantee” blue check mark badge to see if your listings are included at this time.

I sell on eBay now, do I need to do anything?
In order to properly protect you and the buyer our authentication process will be more stringent about how items are described, and the item condition selected. You should return to your items listed in sneakers categories and double check that you have accurately described and depicted the item, including photos of any defects or cosmetic imperfections of the sneaker, the box and accessories.

How do I know if my listing is eligible for eBay’s Authenticity Guarantee program?
Make sure you accurately describe and photograph your item and follow steps 1-3. Don’t forget it’s free to sell sneakers on eBay.

1. Meet the eligibility requirements
  2. Select the appropriate Item Condition when you list your sneakers for sale
    “New with box” A brand-new, unused, and unworn item in the original packaging (such as the original box). If using stock images or screenshots, all original accessories (laces, keychains, bags, etc.) must be included. If taking your own photos, everything pictured will be assumed included.
    “New without box” A brand-new, unused, and unworn item that is not in original packaging or may be missing original packaging materials (such as the original box). For example, new shoes (with absolutely no signs of wear) that are no longer in their original box fall into this category.
    “New with defects” A brand-new, unused item. Possible imperfections range from color variations to scuffs, cuts or nicks, that occasionally occur during the manufacturing or delivery process. This also includes natural yellowing due to age. The item may be missing the original packaging materials or accessories (such as original box or laces). New factory seconds and/or new samples may fall into this category. Ensure all defects are photographed and noted in the description.
  3. Accurately describe your item in detail and take as many photographs as needed. Ensure that you capture any defects including tears in the box and any anomalies on the shoe, etc. If using stock images or screenshots, all original accessories (laces, keychains, bags, etc.) must be included. If taking your own photos, everything pictured will be assumed included. Accurate documentation & photographs will ensure your item can flow through the authentication process smoothly.
How can I confirm my item qualified for Authenticity Guarantee?
A blue check mark with “Authenticity Guarantee” will automatically appear on your item’s listing page. Upon making a sale, you can also check your order details in the Seller Hub sold section. If eligible, you will receive a confirmation email indicating your item was sold with Authenticity Guarantee.

What if I list my sneaker for $200 and accept a Best Offer below $200. Will it be eligible for Authenticity Guarantee?
Yes. Your item will be eligible for Authenticity Guarantee and sent to an authentication partner for inspection. Items with a Buy It Now price of $200 or more with either auction format or Best Offer are also eligible.

How do you determine Authenticity Guarantee eligibility for auction-style listings?
All auction-style listings that sell for over $200 are eligible for Authenticity Guarantee, regardless of the starting price.

Who is providing the authentication service?
eBay has partnered with Sneaker Con, one of the leading industry experts in sneaker authentication, whose services and capabilities have been thoroughly vetted to ensure the highest standard of service to eBay users.

Can I offer combined shipping?
Authenticity Guarantee items will not be eligible for combined shipping promotions since each authenticated item is split into a separate order for processing. Please ship all orders individually.

How do I track the status of my item?
You can track the status of your item throughout the process in the View Order Details section of your Seller Hub.

What is the estimated delivery time for Authenticity Guarantee items?
The authentication partner will inspect the item within two business days after they receive it. Following inspection, the item will be shipped to the buyer with three-day delivery.

Is signature confirmation required upon delivery?
Signature confirmation is required only for items that are valued at $750 or more.

When I sell my item, where should I ship it?
When you sell an eligible item, you are required to ship it to the authentication

eBay should focus on giving seller protections from these scumbag buyers.
I think this will do that. I am envisioning it like stockx. I think used shoes will be the more scrutinized. I would hope the reviewer can even nip this part. When I sell used I don't use descriptive language. I take good pics and let the buyer draw their own conclusions.

Will this stop people from switching shoes out or dogging out pairs and retuning them?

eBay should focus on giving seller protections from these scumbag buyers.

they need to better the system for the seller.

ebay refunded a buyer and he kept my item. I'm fighting with ebay now.

I had another buyer return an item because it didnt have the tags on the jersey. Mind you I noted that. Dude pouted and gave me negative feedback instead of coming to me like a man.

they need to better the system for the seller.

ebay refunded a buyer and he kept my item. I'm fighting with ebay now.

I had another buyer return an item because it didnt have the tags on the jersey. Mind you I noted that. Dude pouted and gave me negative feedback instead of coming to me like a man.
Good luck man. I’ve never had a good experience with dead beat buyers. On top of that they’ll just go into your account and send your money out.

Good luck man. I’ve never had a good experience with dead beat buyers. On top of that they’ll just go into your account and send your money out.

thanks bro. mind you it was a 70.00 transaction. so it couldve been a bigger loss. but i'ma fight this to the end. i want to see this dude get banned.

yeah they did already and he kept the shoes and he errored my shipping address on purpose so of course the item was returned to sender. mind you ebay keeps telling me to update my address but ive had the same address for 10 years plus no seller has had any issues with my address when ive purchased from ebay. its a joke. Makes me not want to sell on ebay no more.

thanks bro. mind you it was a 70.00 transaction. so it couldve been a bigger loss. but i'ma fight this to the end. i want to see this dude get banned.

yeah they did already and he kept the shoes and he errored my shipping address on purpose so of course the item was returned to sender. mind you ebay keeps telling me to update my address but ive had the same address for 10 years plus no seller has had any issues with my address when ive purchased from ebay. its a joke. Makes me not want to sell on ebay no more.
eBay is only good for things under 50 bucks in my book. As a buyer it lost a lot of business from me by charging tax

Back
Top Bottom