Ebay Unappreciation vol. the f is wrong with you?

So in the past 3 days i've sold 2 things of high value, one went for 400+ the other for 150+

first, the final value fee is like 10% and then paypal takes another 5%

ontop of that they hold ALL of your money for 3 WEEKS!!! what the hell is wrong with them?
mad.gif

and it gets worse, there is NO SELLER PROTECTION!
eek.gif

so they expect me to cover shipping charges without seeing ANY money for 3 weeks, and then ontop of that not offer any type of protection?

f ebay, i will never sell another thing on it.
indifferent.gif

Listing fees are really cheap, but the Final Value Fee makes up for it. I just sold a pair of LeBrons for $115 and eBay took close to $12.

I actually think it's better this way because if your item DOESN'T sell, you're out a measly 35 cents opposed to a few bucks.

Nah, they must have changed it, it says they they hold the money for 3 weeks.

im not cool with that.

I hate how ebay eliminated the possibility of giving buyers negative feedback. I've had some abusive clients recently and there is nothing I can do aboutit. EBAY FTL!!!!

i've never had PayPal hold my funds for that long yet. and i certainly hope they don't.

Originally Posted by Primavera Vills

When I sold, I got my money thru Paypal......damn near took 3 days. Not 3 weeks.

co-sign. idk wut kind of payment system ur using. but if it's paypal, i might have to give ebay the boot.

They just started this practice where payments can be held for 21 days. Basically you can't sell on ebay if you don't already have money to fullycomplete the transactions.

Originally Posted by thecomebacklegend

ebay = L's

greed is gonna be ebay downfall
As much as I'd like you to be right, it won't. Too many people in small towns or states that have cities far apart from each other, haveno choice but to use eBay.

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

I hate how ebay eliminated the possibility of giving buyers negative feedback. I've had some abusive clients recently and there is nothing I can do about it. EBAY FTL!!!!

ebay just plain sucks... everything about it sucks. especially trying to set up a decent listing, by far the glitchiest program/website/thing i have everused.
mad.gif

Since the economy is bad they probably holding your money and using it to make more... but not tellin you?

Thats why i sell through ebay......Make an auction for $1, and have the person pay separately through paypal for the rest of the agreed amount. That way ebaydoesnt get their cut of the transaction and they dont hold your money either.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SkySacrament

work around it...charge more for shipping say...$30 saves you atleast $5-10 depending on your auction.
i just listed a video game and ebay limited me on shipping. gave me an error message cause i charged like 6.50 to cover boxing and packingsupplies, the damn site said the most i can charge is 4 bucks. FOUR BUCKS won't buy me a shipping service, box, and packing supplies. ebay is going toforce me to either eat these charges, or ship my products like crap. hmm...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

I hate how ebay eliminated the possibility of giving buyers negative feedback. I've had some abusive clients recently and there is nothing I can do about it. EBAY FTL!!!!

I thought they enacted this rule too, but i guess they saw how angry the sellers were with them setting a rule like this so they do now let sellers leavefeedback, i sold a couple items recently and was able to leave feedback.

Ebay is on a downward spiral, once i'm done selling all my items this month thats it for ebay and paypal from me. There is an alternative method tocollect payment through ebay called ProPay.com. I haven't checked it out but i heard about it being an alternative to paypal.

Originally Posted by javier5857

So in the past 3 days i've sold 2 things of high value, one went for 400+ the other for 150+

first, the final value fee is like 10% and then paypal takes another 5%

ontop of that they hold ALL of your money for 3 WEEKS!!! what the hell is wrong with them?
mad.gif

and it gets worse, there is NO SELLER PROTECTION!
eek.gif

so they expect me to cover shipping charges without seeing ANY money for 3 weeks, and then ontop of that not offer any type of protection?

f ebay, i will never sell another thing on it.
indifferent.gif

Just don't use Buy-it-now as an option for selling. I think FVF is 12% when you list with Buy-it-now. If you list your item w/o Buy-it-now, I think theFVF is wayyy lower.

Thats why i don't buy and sell anymore in ebay......most of the time the seller gets the downside......well,in the other hand...there are shady sellerstoo.....but anyways,with the final fees....listing fees....and the paypal fees.......in the end you don't have much money left. Paypal recently startedholding funds for 3 weeks or less depending in your account.....so much !%*% actually in ebay so i'll better sell or buy my stuff here in NT orLocally.......enough said...

Well i think it may be any account, im verified with 10+ seller transactions, and i've had a account for over 2 years.

and yeah eBay limits shipping cost now which sucks *@%.

im never using it again, other then buying.

live.com has the 30% off deal i got a iphone for 180
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom