%$! ebay, you charge the seller not the buyer, but only sellers suffer??

So I know plenty of members here sell stuff including shoes on ebay alot and
I recently sold a couple of things ebay.  I always emphasize payment is either due immediately or

within 24 hrs.  Guess what?  none of that really matters because I can't do anything before waiting full 4 days.

Not only do I have to wait, if seller flakes then I have to relist and pay listing fee!

How nice and convenient.  

How do you guys deal with the buyer who doesn't respond to any email or messages nor pay for the item?

With eBay, I think you take home about 60% of its worth

After the fees, relisting fees cuz of almost definite flakers, PayPal fees, a d shipping...

You're looking at about a 60% return..

I hadn't sold on there in a solid year...

I was down when I got a FREE pair of metallic red Foambs, sold 3 pair on the bay, and still came up in the hole..

You could leave negative feedback, or open up a case in the resolution center for non-payment.
You still won't receive a full payment from the buyer, but Ebay covers your Fees for listing and selling the item that wasn't paid for.
Also it leaves some sort of negative point on the non-paying buyer's Ebay Account, although im not sure exactly what that means.

Originally Posted by dahhkneesb

You could leave negative feedback, or open up a case in the resolution center for non-payment.
You still won't receive a full payment from the buyer, but Ebay covers your Fees for listing and selling the item that wasn't paid for.
Also it leaves some sort of negative point on the non-paying buyer's Ebay Account, although im not sure exactly what that means.
As far as I know sellers can't leave negative feedback anymore. I think that's all you can really do...file an unpaid item dispute. Ebay should reimburse your final value fee if the buyer fails to follow through and a strike (or something) is put on their account. The info is on ebay.

i've read all about the negatives about selling on ebay, but recently i chose to still go ahead and try it out.

NEVER again
30t6p3b.gif

NT is where it's at
pimp.gif

FeeBay is so backwards. They really messed up when they didn't allow sellers to leave negative feedbacks anymore.

If you file a dispute you can get the money credited back, but it takes like 2 weeks. Everything on ebay is a hassle. Unless I'm selling something that I don't know it's worth, I don't bother.

Originally Posted by jerry6d

FeeBay is so backwards. They really messed up when they didn't allow sellers to leave negative feedbacks anymore.
eek.gif
wait what...

those VGA dudes threatened me, "Buyer will not pay"

Originally Posted by dahhkneesb

with enough non paying auction winner complaints they can have buying limitations put on them or the account suspended/closed

Originally Posted by ricky409

With eBay, I think you take home about 60% of its worth

After the fees, relisting fees cuz of almost definite flakers, PayPal fees, a d shipping...

You're looking at about a 60% return..

I hadn't sold on there in a solid year...

I was down when I got a FREE pair of metallic red Foambs, sold 3 pair on the bay, and still came up in the hole..

roll.gif

FeeBay is so backwards. They really messed up when they didn't allow sellers to leave negative feedbacks anymore.This

I stopped selling on ebay starting last year. Outrageous fees, sellers getting the shaft in every possible way, etc. Not worth it. All i was selling was shoes so i pretty much only sell here on the buy/sell forum or on craigslist.

Selling sneakers on eBay is the worst!! So many flakes. It's always some 15 year old kid who bids knowing damn well he can't pay for it. 
mad.gif
mad.gif

I know that feel. I only use buy it now and pay immediately with paypal on my listings because of flakes. I'm cool if whatever i'm selling sits. Usually doesn't if i set buy it now at whatever is going rate for said item. Ebayers will pay more for most items than what some lowballers on NT will.

i had my cg 9s on there for 250.

-person 1 offered 150
-person 2 clicks buy then sends me a message talking about someone was playing on his phone and hit buy by mistake
-person 1 bumps up his offer to 160
-person 3 hits buy and i dont get any response for about 2 days. then ebay sends me a message talking about that account wasnt verified

#%@& ebay forreal

i couldnt even leave person 2 bad feedback! i put down "he mistakenly hit buy" then it showed up as positive. i had to relist my shoes 2 times. it was likw 3 bucks total, but still smh

I just use ebay for advertising lol I only accept paypal payment unless you wanna pay 320 for some flint XIIIs

1. you can't leave negative feedback to the buyer.
2. you can report non-paying buyer but that doesn't really mean a jack since
people only care about how many good feedbacks buyer has.
3. yes, you get the credit back if buyer flakes, but if you wanna relist your item,
then you gotta pay the listing fee again.
4. you can have bin option and say "payment is due immediately!" But that doesn't mean anything.
you can't report the seller before 4 full days passes. Then wait another 4 days to get the credit back.

lastly, fees are outrageous. ebay fees+payal fees+listing fees.
I know some of you probably say don't use it then why compain? but I live in a small town where I can't
really sell on craigslist.
And YES, I'm a noob with less than 300 posts and less than 3 months old. Hence, can't sell anything on nt either.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

It used to be so much better...

Agreed. It kept getting worse and worse. Now ebay only cares about Chinese big business guys who spam the whole site with useless junk.

Originally Posted by bluesnickers

3. yes, you get the credit back if buyer flakes, but if you wanna relist your item,
then you gotta pay the listing fee again.

My listing fee's are never more than 50 cents. Not really tripping off of that. And BIN > auction. With an auction, people get in the heat of the moment and just bid without thinking. BINs on the other hand aren't nearly as impulsive.
To the dude that said you only keep 60%, 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. You lose 9% to ebay, 2.9% + .30 cents to paypal, and another $10.80 for shipping (I ship everything in a medium Priority flat rate box). On a $200 sale, you take home 83%.

Its only good if your buying.

I tell people to email me when I sell. Then I end the auction early and cancel the bids. Then take payments thru PayPal to save on fees.

They ruined the whole system.

I have sold on eBay plenty of times and you do get screwed when dealing with flakers...ebay fees are ridiculous as well...listing fee, final value fees can add up...

Let's put it this way:

Someone can buy something from you, pay you, you ship it to them, they take a knife and rip up your item and then report to Ebay that the product arrived damaged.

You know what happens?

They get a full refund.

Back
Top Bottom