EBAYER PLAYED ME!!! HELP!!!

You will lose the dispute. I just had the exact same thing happen to me two months ago except they were Black & Red IV's but everything else was thesame, i also offered to guy 300 bucks to stop the auction then i sent him the money and got the fakes in the mail. Paypal declined my claim because it was doneoutside ebay, even though i forwarded them the original auction, emails and all of our emails back in forth. I am still pissed off about it.

jordans on ebay...
smh.gif

wish i knew about all this long time ago

i was new to NT, bought some 360's and they were fugazi. same thing with bred xx1, i was very very new to the shoe game and thught 75 for black redxxi's were a steal

if you look at the pic with the handwritten tag, you can tell those are the fake iv's. Look closely at the cement on the sides. The other pics without thehandwritten tags are legit.

That friggin sucks dude!!!!!! What's his name, and mailing addy? You gotta put this kid on blast as much as possible.

Just fyi, 1 cent private auctions don't do nothing for you either (even though I do this A LOT) .... if you want to be protected from a private auction setup for you on Ebay, make sure you tell the seller to make the private auction for the actual amount both parties agreed on, NOT a 1 cent auction. Sure, theseller has to eat fees associated with this, but it's the only way you are protected.

THE SOONER YOU FILE WITH PAYPAL THE BETTER. I ONCE HAD A PROBLEM WITH A EBAY SELLER AND WANTED MY MONEY BACK SO I FILED WITH PAYPAL AND IT TOOK 37 DAYS BEFORETHEY SETTLED THE DISPUTE. AND TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE THEY ONLY GAVE ME BACK A PERCENTAGE OF MY MONEY. NOT TRYING TO DISCOURAGE YOU JUST GIVING YOU A HEADS UP.GOOD LUCK!

so, the bid actually ended up bein on ebay. it was simply ended for me and i still payed through THAT auction. i won it. hopefully that counts for something.we didnt work outside of ebay. now its up to paypal, as they just sent me an email saying they are investigating the claim after the seller sent a statementprobobly against mine. im hoping i have an advantage, as he DID claim them to be authentic on more than one occasion, as wel as on the listing

IF YOU PAY THRU PAYPAL, WETHER YOU GET FAKE SHOES OR YOU DID NOT GET THE ITEM, YOU WILL GET YOUR MONEY BACK BUT THE BIG QUESTION IS, IF THERE IS STILL MONEYLEFT ON THE SELLERS ACCOUNT. PAYPAL WILL GO IN YOUR FAVOR BUT IF THERE IS NO MONEY IN THE SELLERS ACCOUNT, YOUR SCREWED. IT'S ALSO IMPORTANT THAT YOU HAVEAN OPEN COMMUNICATION WITH THE SELLER.

FOR THOSE WHO ARE BUYING J'S FROM EBAY, BE SURE TO STUDY THE SELLERS FEEDBACK FIRST AND FOREMOST. NOT ALL SELLERS THERE WHO ARE SELLING J'S ARE FAKES.

Originally Posted by backyardrsx

if you look at the pic with the handwritten tag, you can tell those are the fake iv's. Look closely at the cement on the sides. The other pics without the handwritten tags are legit.

bingo.
a noob mistake... no handwritten tags, low feedback, and the one picture that is tagged they're fake.

sorry, man. you live and you learn though. good luck.

Originally Posted by ericescobar

so, the bid actually ended up bein on ebay. it was simply ended for me and i still payed through THAT auction. i won it. hopefully that counts for something. we didnt work outside of ebay. now its up to paypal, as they just sent me an email saying they are investigating the claim after the seller sent a statement probobly against mine. im hoping i have an advantage, as he DID claim them to be authentic on more than one occasion, as wel as on the listing

I don't get it, even if you did go outside of ebay... so what? that's just a loophole Ebay will try to use which is BS.... you can pay for itemswith Paypal without using Ebay so I don't see how the ebay auctions are even relevant.

Good luck tho, that auction seemed legit.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by OnlyRetroXi

Originally Posted by akira824

if u asked the guy to sell u the kicks for $300 outright i'm assuming he stopped the auction before it ended. did he setup another auction for u with pics? if the original auction or the new one he setup for u DOES NOT say "authentic" and the pics matched the shoes u ended up getting u might be SOL. paypal is only gonna give u a refund if he did something that was not represented in the auction. for example, if he never said they were "authentic" in the actual auction description its your job, as the buyer, to make sure u get what he described. if he never said, in the auction, they were authentic even if u prove u got fakes he never said they weren't fakes. also, if the pics in the auction description match what u got and u can't prove otherwise then paypal may not give ur money back. if he stopped the auction early to sell to u then both of u guys are in violation of ebay rules

if he did not setup another auction for u and u just paid him via paypal without a "contract" i don't know what recourse u have unless u put down in the paypal description portion when u sent him money that the shoes were "authentic", etc....

hope all this makes sense
good luck

Actually its against the law to sell non-authentic, replica, or fake merchandise in any shape of form. He is entitled to at least some money back (up to $200 [seeing how the seller does not have over 50 feedback]) under the condition that he is able to prove that the products he got are indeed non authentic... eBay's policy (below)...

Counterfeits, unauthorized replicas, unauthorized items (such as counterfeit watches, handbags, or other accessories) or unauthorized copies (such as copies of software programs, video games, music albums, movies, television programs, or photographs) are not permitted on eBay. Unauthorized copies include (but are not limited to) copies that are pirated, duplicated, backed-up or bootlegged. It is illegal to sell unauthorized copies of media.

Guideline: If the product you are selling bears the name or logo of a company, but it wasn't made or endorsed by that company, don't list it on eBay.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

• Listing cancellation

• Limits on account privileges

• Account suspension

• Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

• Loss of PowerSeller status
^^Niketalk at it's finest!

The link you showed has different shoes on it. The tagged pic shoe is different than the others. Look st the stitching

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

Post dem picz..I wanna see how fake they are

im too angry to even open the box of the shoes. i only saw em once i got em n thats it. i know theyre fake and i now it woul dbe easy for u guys to spot.theres a red tint on the tounge's jumpman. the speckle spots are not scattered evenly and are absent from the top part of the heel, the part on top whereit says nike air. they smell like they just left the factory in china

I am really sorry for this crap...I hope you get the money back. But...as others have said I guess it is a tough lesson.

I learned something from some of my watch collector friends. These guys dont use ebay per se but they do use forums and internet to make deals on veryexpensive pieces. Way more than Jordans. Guy be buying watches in the 10K price range and wire money to bank accounts etc for watches. So...what I learnedwas ALWAYS BUY THE BUYER NOT THE GOODS. As you are learning now. It doesnt matter if he is selling Jordans, a 20K watch or a waffle maker..if the dude isscammer he will be a scammer. You have to do your due diligence and research. Email homey, make sure his paypal account is authorize and then casually get hisnumber too. Talk to the guy...OPEN COMMUNICATION is huge. An honest guy wont mind talking to you...to assure the deal goes smooth. I know I would...if I wasselling you my shoes and they are legit, I would do anything to make sure you were secure until you got the shoes. But if I was scumbag...I wont be trying totalk to you. Little things you need to do to make sure the seller is good is worth more than the items usually.

again..good luck with your money.

ericescobar wrote:
WestCoastNike wrote:
wow...file a dispute on paypal immediately...put a stop payment on credit card. take it as a lesson learned.
on paypal? ok. yea, im really angry with this guy. dont know why i even trusted him. how high a rate of success does this procedure have?
Honestly dude Paypal sucks, I lost over $400 throught them last year because if you told them its fake they will tell you get an appraiser to appraiseit or get an official letter form Nike, FNL,FTL, FA or some store. I went to FA the manager gave me a page long note stating these RA V Lasers were fake afterhe inspected them but Paypal didnt accept it because it wasnt an official letter head from FA with company stamp etc. I went back to get it official but hecouldnt becuase it is not companys policy to do such letters, same with NTLA and all other stores.

My best bet is to return the shoes with tracking # then file a paypal claim saying he told you return it for a refund, if this doesnt work file the claim withyour CC company once there is proof the merchandise was returned you will get a credit to your account
eek.gif
,.................PS never ever use paypal balances to make purchases.
mad.gif

File a Paypal dispute and I believe you can sue him.
His auction says "100% Authentic", and you did not receive an authentic pair.

Never do it outside a auction. I always give them a price I will pay then bid and have them end the auction and add the diffrence to theinvoice under misc. charges. That way it's on record with ebay and paypal.

That's what you get thinking you could get a pair of those for $300. Those have sold for more than that for 5 years.

Originally Posted by 3thaman

Never do it outside a auction. I always give them a price I will pay then bid and have them end the auction and add the diffrence to the invoice under misc. charges. That way it's on record with ebay and paypal.
thats what i did. the punk *%$ just thinks he can get a way with lyin ON THE LISTING! so the guy just sent me a message on ebay saying he wants me tosend him a 60 dollar money order instead of his fake shoes......
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom