EDIT: New Question, is LeBron the second greatest player of all time? So, has Steph Curry overtaken

Who is the best basketball player in the world?

• LeBron James

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steph Curry

• Russell Westbrook

• Kevin Durant

• Anthony Davis

• Other

• Total voters
Concerning basketball role models of today. As Curry is a gifted shooter from all distance, will we see kids trying to shoot like him from the arc and way beyond the arc?
1980s were much defined by Magic & Bird, 1990's by MJ, late 1990's and after Millennium by Iverson, Kobe (lasted until 2013), 2003-today Lebron, 2015-today Steph Curry.
I must say the worst period was around 2001-2004 where many teens played not only much the ballhog game but were badly influenced by the And1 mixtapes.
I remember they were too focused to try the moves which were so irrelevant in the game. I played tough defense against them and then game over for them.
Hope the young Curry fans dont push it too hard with shooting bricks from the arc out of the dribble.
It was annoying enough to watch teens trying to do MJs turnaround fadeaway jumpers or taking way too many forced shots.

Last edited:
Not sure who the best is but

I would rather watch or see play in person Steph over any other player

love the play of the warriors

hate the isolation of one player while the other stand and watch

Concerning basketball role models of today. As Curry is a gifted shooter from all distance, will we see kids trying to shoot like him from the arc and way beyond the arc?
1980s were much defined by Magic & Bird, 1990's by MJ, late 1990's and after Millennium by Iverson, Kobe (lasted until 2013), 2003-today Lebron, 2015-today Steph Curry.
I must say the worst period was around 2001-2004 where many teens played not only much the ballhog game but were badly influenced by the And1 mixtapes.
I remember they were too focused to try the moves which were so irrelevant in the game. I played tough defense against them and then game over for them.
Hope the young Curry fans dont push it too hard with shooting bricks from the arc out of the dribble.
It was annoying enough to watch teens trying to do MJs turnaround fadeaway jumpers or taking way too many forced shots.
+23 on everything

steph

russell westbrook

lbj

durant

kawhi

PG

anthony davis

i take AD over PG personally , i like his playstyle but i believe paul george might be better today.

About 5 pages ago I was reluctant to give Steph the nod.
laugh.gif
  I've woken up now.  Steph is the best player lol.  Skill set wise there might be players who are up there with him but he is the best player....he is doing it all right now.  

If kids were smart they would work on being the best shooter they could be instead of chucking the ball from long distance. 3's are the same amount of points whether they are right at the line or a few feet behind it.

That's really all I see passing through parks and courts. Kids just launching 3s thinking it'll automatically go in, not knowing the amount of sheer skill and technique Curry has to be able to do that.

If kids were smart they would work on being the best shooter they could be instead of chucking the ball from long distance. 3's are the same amount of points whether they are right at the line or a few feet behind it.

Yeah. Everyone needs to figure out his/her strengths in basketball. My range is best at close to the basket and 3 - 6 meters. Shooting from the arc isnt my strength so i gave up to shoot 3s in a match unless im wide open :smile:

If they cannot shoot 3s they should work hard on it during training and not in the game. If someone is not gifted to shoot from the arc he/she should accept it and pull the trigger from less far away in the game.

Last edited:
I went about two years without even shooting a three since I simply wasn't good at it. I mean zero attempts on the stat sheet. Wide open, I'll step in a few feet and hit the long two :lol:

Last edited:
Gosh :lol:

I hope y'all aren't one of those guys I hate.

I'm a big, so almost every time I post a get some sort of double or sag. I hate when I pass it to my teammate at 3 point line who's man is sagging and he can't hit the wide open shot like at all. Or I hate the guy who I pass the ball to behind the 3 point line and he drives right back to where I'm posting at.

Drives me crazy especially when it's a competitive run :lol:

Last edited:
Gosh :lol:

I hope y'all aren't one of those guys I hate.

I'm a big, so almost every time I post a get some sort of double or sag. I hate when I pass it to my teammate at 3 point line who's man is sagging and he can't hit the wide open shot like at all. Or I hate the guy who I pass the ball to behind the 3 point line and he drives right back to where I'm posting at.

Drives me crazy especially when it's a competitive run :lol:

I guess you are playing in a team with him right? The coach says nothing?
If that guy pulls 3s and not making them with an accuracy of 33% above he really should make a step closer to the basket instead of trying a lucky shot.

That's really all I see passing through parks and courts. Kids just launching 3s thinking it'll automatically go in, not knowing the amount of sheer skill and technique Curry has to be able to do that.

That's how they get better at the 3! Game practice IMO.

Yes, everyone posts up for the 3's now a days, drives the defenders out, so I just drive in for easy buckets 24/7 :lol:

Sorry, but we're probably taking about 24 hour fitness pickup ball. Who gives a ****ttt, its just for fun. Can't stand it when guys take 24 hour seriously. Go play some D league or Pro Am, **** of 24 lol

Back
Top Bottom