EDIT: New Question, is LeBron the second greatest player of all time? So, has Steph Curry overtaken

Who is the best basketball player in the world?

• LeBron James

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steph Curry

• Russell Westbrook

• Kevin Durant

• Anthony Davis

• Other

• Total voters
I usually shy away from those #prisonerOfTheMoment statements, but that might have been the biggest dagger on a big stage since Jordans push off

Draymond is just lucky Lebron didnt convert on that And1 dunk
roll.gif
Only thing that could've made the win better

I usually shy away from those #prisonerOfTheMoment statements, but that might have been the biggest dagger on a big stage since Jordans push off

And yet it's being talked about so little. Kyrie hit the biggest shot the league has seen in years man.

the purge...pages 36-40
SOME REAL GEMS IN THIS ONE!!!​

So I just heard what barkley said last week on the radio and it was more hating on Steph. He said it's no hate but it was hate. Said lebald and Kawhai were the 2 best players in the League. Kawhai usually guards the other team's best player unlike Steph. Since when did that fool value defense like that? Plus lebald is out there doing matador defense not even trying to guard his guy sometimes.

There's still this very stupid uninformed narrative that Steph doesn't play defense. Dude actually turned himself into a above average to good defender. He doesn't LOOK like a good defender....so they can't fathom in their heads that dude can play D. How many guards can average 30/7/5 & 2spg in 34mpg and not be considered "complete" :lol:

Steph Curry has a 97.1 defensive rating which puts him in the top 25 percentile of the leage, lebron has a 102.8 rating which puts him in last 50th percentile in the league.   This idea that Lebron is this all world defender has been a myth for a long time.   

He's already better. LeBron is not winning the title this year.

Defender: it's a wash, if anything (someone posted that steph had a better defensive rafting)
Rebounder: no
Passer: gsw ball movement is arguably the best in the league, and a lot of it is predicated on steph's ability to pass off the dribble and spread defenses due to his shooting. LBJ is probably the best passing point/forward sans Magic, but a better passer than steph? Hardly

Is lebron a better:

-shooter
-dribbler
-free throw shooter in the 4th quarter
-scorer

than steph?

Steph Curry averages close to 6 rebounds per game as a 6'3 185 lbs Point Guard...and people act like he can't rebound or defend :lol:. Why do people FOOLISHLY think he can't do anything else besides shoot?

The ***** averaged 30ppg 7apg 5rpg. Those are prime wing numbers. For the record...Bron and Curry both average 6.9 APG for their career....and Bron has the ball in his hands more than Steph.

This notion that Steph isn't an "ALL AROUND PLAYER" needs to be dreaded. One of the most idiotic statements made by causal basketball fans to discredit him.

At this point and time...Steph Curry is a better basketball player thank LeBron James. It happens. Deal with it. Doesn't take anything away from Bron....somebody just came along that is better than him....for right now.

Statistically speaking, per 100 possessions Curry allows less points on defense than Lebron so there is that......  

while guarding tony allen, ricky rubio, patrick beverly (insert random non offensive perimeter player here)

LeBron hasn't played defense in a few years :lol:

OP change thread title to "are lebron and steph curry both frauds?"

nah just curry

Why are we still even talking about this? 1 bad or good game by either party won't change facts. Last year and this year, Wardell is #1. Lebum is still top 3 which isn't bad seeing how he isn't in his prime anymore and things gonna start getting ugly soon if he doesn't fix that joint. Lock it up tho, the world knows the answer

Better ball handler
Better shooter
Finishes better at to rim

LeBron is the better flopper
And Excuse maker

lebron is like 36
steph snatched that title last season

Just didn't want this to get lost in the shuffle. So many embarrassing statements all rolled into one, more embarrassing than Steph's behind the back turnover pass in crutch time, more embarrassing than jacking up one legged bricked 25 footers, and more embarrassing than not being able to beat Kevin Love off the dribble. The "greatest pure shooter of all time" turned into OKC Kevin Martin when it mattered the most.

Last edited:
As great of a shooter as Steph is he proved me wrong by not stepping up in this Finals series. Too much showboating, too much disinterest at times, and literally it seems like Steph and Klay live by the 3 point shot. Kyrie spazzed on Steph this whole series and as cocky as Steph a lot of the time can be, he showed no heart to take over games like LeBron did and that's why he should be exposed..

Hopefully dude learns from this and starts putting time in the gym to work on other parts of his game besides the 3, showboat passing, and showboat dribbling.

In all seriousness...curry is an electrifying offensive force with little big time, under the spotlight experience.

I never hated curry. I do hate the fact that so many bandwagon gsw fans came out of the blue. (That comes with every team that wins) I know. But, for some reason...It was more annoying and obnoxious coming from them.

I think most of us that were fair knew that he was suspect at best on D, and super cute with the basketball.

Think about this though...earlier this year, espn, called him the 4th best player that EVER existed! Come on now!

But he's still a great offensive force in this league. And he'll only get better.

Being a clipper fan, I've seen the spoiled, s**t talking warriors. Their fans for the most part were super spoiled. The look on their faces when kyrie hit that three...true disbelief.

With all that said...If lbj doesn't hit at least one of those free throws...oh man!

Last edited:
In all seriousness...curry is an electrifying offensive force with little big time, under the spotlight experience.

I never hated curry. I do hate the fact that so many bandwagon gsw fans came out of the blue. (That comes with every team that wins) I know. But, for some reason...It was more annoying and obnoxious coming from them.

I think most of us that were fair knew that he was suspect at best on D, and super cute with the basketball.

Think about this though...earlier this year, espn, called him the 4th best player that EVER existed! Come on now!

But he's still a great offensive force in this league. And he'll only get better.

I agree completely. Hopefully this loss humbles him to stop taking possession of the ball for granted. Too many antics with this guy, which certainly didn't help GS cause to beat the Cavs this series. That behind the back pass that lead to a TO late in the 4th is and was inexcusable. Antics like that are part of the problem, and when you're anointed as the MVP of the league, people expect you to always show up and play your best ball, especially when it truly counts.

If Curry played even close to the level he played at all season long (as opposed to far below that level), the Warriors would have won this series easily.  

The slander Curry is or may be getting is 100% deserved.  Curry cost my Warriors this series.

If Curry played even close to the level he played at all season long (as opposed to far below that level), the Warriors would have won this series easily.  

The slander Curry is or may be getting is 100% deserved.  Curry cost my Warriors this series.

Dland always been a real one. Some get it, some don't. Repped.

i would have repped you too...but i am fresh out.

Here we go with the blame game.

Steph caused the GSW the series? So him not playing to his MVP level is the only thing that went wrong?

That isn't right man. Nor is it accurate

Harrison Barnes not being consistent
Iggy injury
Bout injury
Draymond Suspension
Progressive Fatigue from OKC series

Losses can't be simplified as simple as, "If Steph would have played better."

Back
Top Bottom