*EDIT* Thanks NT case closed in my favor! Paypal Dispute "Item not received" open against me.

Long story short 
I listed an Ipod on ebay which sold on the 24th of July. I ship it the following day July 25th Via UPSP Priority mail with tracking.

When I entered in the tracking# it says the item was delivered on the 27th. But he's claiming he never got it.

I have been on ebay only since 07 but I have never had any problems (100% feedback). What do you guys think the outcome will be?

Case Closed
pimp.gif

If you truly shipped it, and you have the tracking info. Then they should rule in your favor. He cant send back an item he doesnt have, and even if my ebay rep is ruined, im not sending money back without the item back.
I guess next time get that delivery confirmation.

send them the tracking info you'll win then after sue him for defamatory statements
and ask for compensation for the duress he caused you and your family

as long as you send tracking details, PP will see that the item got delivered and will resolve the issue by keeping the funds from the transaction with you. not a problem.

Originally Posted by eddo1005

I always buy insurance when i ship stuff nowadays. Peace of mind is invaluable.
grin.gif
dont want to interupt your peace of mind but have you ever had an insurance claim with usps?  chances of you coming away with anything other than alot of aggravation and time wasted esp in a situation like this are slim to none

as long as you send tracking details, PP will see that the item got delivered and will resolve the issue by keeping the funds from the transaction with you. not a problem.

this is not true - theres too many factors

1. was the item covered with full seller protection? was his info verified and addy confirmed?
2. was the item over the amount that requires signature confirmation?
3. what method did he pay with? you prob wont know that till its too late...if its a credit card even if paypal sides with you he can still deal with his cc company and paypal will toss it back on your account

at the end of the day paypal is worried about paypal...they want the fee and if theres a problem one of you will pay for it and not them

lastly he might not have received it - it could have gotten left on his front steps and somebody ended up swiping it...had that happen before too- who's paypal gonna rule in favor of then?

Originally Posted by Crumbs

selling on ebay is like giving to charity these days.
that is............ about right

I only goto ebay if I don't mind losing it, because lord knows what type of games these scammers are playing 
laugh.gif

been 3 years since I sold anything on Ebay and it seems to have only gotten worst 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

people are just grimy as hell. Either that or you get dumb/new people on ebay. I just sold something on ebay yesterday, and then I get the "I was actually planning on paying for it near the end of september, and im mad pissed, but as a seller I cant do anything except sell it again, have my time wasted, and possibly lose money in the process (it was sold at such a good price, even before dude bid on it). This dude had like 5 feedback while the other person who bid before had over 100. Hopefully the other person before hasnt bought another one and accepts my second chance offer or I'll take my L on ebay.

As long as you have the shipping confirmation details, you'll be ok.  This happened to me.

Originally Posted by CarlosZilla

people are just grimy as hell. Either that or you get dumb/new people on ebay. I just sold something on ebay yesterday, and then I get the "I was actually planning on paying for it near the end of september, and im mad pissed, but as a seller I cant do anything except sell it again, have my time wasted, and possibly lose money in the process (it was sold at such a good price, even before dude bid on it). This dude had like 5 feedback while the other person who bid before had over 100. Hopefully the other person before hasnt bought another one and accepts my second chance offer or I'll take my L on ebay.

i hate crap like that,  i sold some shoes on ebay recently,  my auction clearly stated they were a size 5.5 and that all sales were final.  buyer wins the shoes only to email me a few days later after he gets them asking for a refund since he thought they were a size 10.5 even though the auction clearly stated they were a 5.5.  it's frustrating just off of principle, i told him i would take the refund but i wasn't going to refund any of the shipping costs since im not paying shipping on either side for his mistake. the only reasons im doing the return in the first place are because i know i could sell those shoes for more if i take my time, and because im at the buyers mercy. he could file a bs claim or leave me an unwarranted negative feedback for no reason and im stuck fighting a stupid claim and can't leave him bad feedback in return for something that's his mistake.

it's frustrating man.

Originally Posted by jusdre86

Next time get signature confirmation
Not sure it helps protect from fraud but I've been doing this more often.

Been dealing with alot of sketchy buyers lately
30t6p3b.gif

welcome to the club.

Been ebay/paypal free for 5 years...but if I ever go to Germany I gotta pay someone a visit.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

welcome to the club.

Been ebay/paypal free for 5 years...but if I ever go to Germany I gotta pay someone a visit.

dude from there tried to scam me for some Godzilla's a couple months ago and I was annoyed at first bc when I would log into eBay to reply, it kept directing me to eBay Germany where I didn't understand a damn thing
mad.gif
  Thank god someone recommended me "Babel Fish" and I was able to translate everything.  Luckily, I just said to send me back the shoes for a full refund and that idiot ended up dropping the case. 

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

welcome to the club.

dude from there tried to scam me for some Godzilla's a couple months ago and I was annoyed at first bc when I would log into eBay to reply, it kept directing me to eBay Germany where I didn't understand a damn thing
mad.gif
  Thank god someone recommended me "Babel Fish" and I was able to translate everything.  Luckily, I just said to send me back the shoes for a full refund and that idiot ended up dropping the case. 
roll.gif
roll.gif

usps is crappy. This happened to me except i was the buyer. I lost Cool Greys because of them.

Back
Top Bottom