Eggplant Carbonfiber Separation

Hello, i was reading forum rules and debating whether to post this here or general forum, but i took a look at general forum and i see nothing about sneakers so i decided to post here instead.  If this isnt allowed, please lock and delete.  This is a pair of 2010 eggplant foam that i bought on 3/06/10, and after playing ball in it around 7 times, i found the carbon fiber separating.  I was wondering if this is covered under the nike warranty that i have heard about, and if it is who should i be contacting for help?  If its not covered, then i guess i will just take the $200 loss
frown.gif

call the nike 1800 number and ask the same questions u asked on here.
im sure u can send them back for a 200 voucher.
nike shoes have a 2 yr warranty as long as the shoes are still deemed wearable i believe.

Originally Posted by bigj505

call the nike 1800 number and ask the same questions u asked on here.
im sure u can send them back for a 200 voucher.
nike shoes have a 2 yr warranty as long as the shoes are still deemed wearable i believe.

Ok, i will try that.  Also wondering are JB shoes covered under the same warranty?

Originally Posted by Twinsnyc

Yes all Nike's. I know back in the day it was a 3 year warranty, is it 2 now?
im fuzzy on the details of the warranty so ur probably right. i thought it was 2 yrs tho but i am by no means sure.

Damn! I'm about to start ballin in my 2010's when my ankle heals up, I really hope I don't run into the same situation. Good luck with that, what a shame. I would be upset.

2 year from date of manufacture warranty limit (at least here in Canada). They put that on us after people started trying to return realllly older models, I guess.

It is a product with a predictable lifespan, after all.

Go make the call to Nike & as these are pretty much everywhere you are probably going to get a replacement pair unless you opt for a voucher instead

Separation of the fiber plate from the shoe is a common problem with Foamposites. Send them back to nike.

I reported this same issue in the original Eggplant Foams thread and dudes were dissin' me. I saw this on a display pair at Foolocker and decided not to cop. Looks like it was stuck on with some cheap adhesive.

this happened to a pair of mine when i balled in them, some epoxy glue + a carpenters clamp(for constant pressure) put it right back in place and it never came off again
pimp.gif

....or u can send 'em back for a voucher and cop another pair if/when they go on sale
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by eddo1005

Hello, i was reading forum rules and debating whether to post this here or general forum, but i took a look at general forum and i see nothing about sneakers so i decided to post here instead.  If this isnt allowed, please lock and delete.  This is a pair of 2010 eggplant foam that i bought on 3/06/10, and after playing ball in it around 7 times, i found the carbon fiber separating.  I was wondering if this is covered under the nike warranty that i have heard about, and if it is who should i be contacting for help?  If its not covered, then i guess i will just take the $200 loss
frown.gif

He Has Already Balled In Em Tho... Wear & Tear. So I Doubt If They Will Give You A Full Re-Fund. But If They Do Then Thats A Good Look. Foams Are Durable Tho. So If Nike Doesnt Do Anything Then Jus Try Fixing Them Yourself.

mailed them back today. Contemplating sending my space jam back too, although they were purchased oversea. Dont know if that affects anything? But I can imagine, best i would get is a voucher for them......since i cant imagine these being in stock anywhere in the US, at least not with Nike.

Rod301 - u should really invest some time into the word "warranty"
there is a certain amount of wear a shoe must have before it is considered normal wear and tear. a separated carbon fiber plate after a few wears is definitely a warranty issue.

Just a thought, these are retros. Meaning that these are mainly intended for casual wear. I don't think that Nike would consider them to be built with the newest shoe technology to be played in now. I know foams last a looooong time, but for casual wear. I had a pair for 7 years before they crapped out and I still have one pair. I am aware that how much wear and tear you put in them only playing in 7 games (could be a good quality 7 games, lol). I hope you get the refund, but keep in mind they are casual. As a side note, I personally wouldn't ball these, they feel like bricks on my feet.

To answer some questions:

1. All Nike shoes were covered for 3 years after production date until about 3-4 years ago.

2. Nike's are now covered for 2 years after the earliest production date on the tag.

3. You must send them back with a claim number on the box, inside the box, and (preferably) a description of the defect.

4. Every shoe I've sent back for basketball use that popped or bottomed out was accepted and a voucher for MSRP was given.

5. I believe this voucher can be used only at NDC and not at the outlets, but I could be wrong.

6. All of this information can be found on the Nike Website or by calling their customer service.

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

this happened to a pair of mine when i balled in them, some epoxy glue + a carpenters clamp(for constant pressure) put it right back in place and it never came off again
pimp.gif

I need to do this to my black foam pros 

my 2009 pair has the carbon fiber seperating at the forefoot and the heel...it makes the sole bubble up where it pushes it
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom