Egyptian military gives president Mohamed Morsi 48-hour ultimatum *UPDATE* Morsi ousted

US "had" to support the Muslim brotherhood, but secretly they didn't want them. US want someone to "play ball" with their interest. It's all a chess match and the people in Egypt are tried of it.

US "had" to support the Muslim brotherhood, but secretly they didn't want them. US want someone to "play ball" with their interest. It's all a chess match and the people in Egypt are tried of it.
That makes no sense because the US already "had" a puppet in place that played ball. They didnt have to support the MB and it was a mistake. The US government is in damage control at this point and to continue giving the MB weapons around the world is a mistake... If we didnt learn anything from Afghanistan decades ago at least that should have been one that we should have.

If that is the case why didnt we support the people of Iran or the nations of Africa? Which would serve the world more in terms of global stability.

But what about Syria... Oh yeah, more weapons to the Muslim Brotherhood.

Last edited:
And it's over.

Morsi is out, constitution written under him is abolished, highest judge of the Supreme Court will hold power until elections commence.

I ******g love my country.

pimp.gif

Last edited:
Look at what has become of Egypt,a land and a people(what was) with an array greatness that contributed all of humanity.

I wish that country the best but I can't wholeheartedly say the same for the people that are there now who claim they are a peaceful people,who want peace but some alot of their actions say the opposite because it's anything but peaceful.

Got nothing but respect for egytians but this is gonna get worse befote its get better. The military just has too much sway and influence. I just see mire instability and divisions amongst the groups. The economy is getting worse and worse and what point does it stop in terms of change over.

Got nothing but respect for egytians but this is gonna get worse befote its get better. The military just has too much sway and influence. I just see mire instability and divisions amongst the groups. The economy is getting worse and worse and what point does it stop in terms of change over.
People are happy there that it's a wrap but im sure they're aware of that situation

Morsi just wasnt the right guy to do that under

Majority of egyptians love the military, so a rule under them fro a short time isn't the end of the world

People are happy there that it's a wrap but im sure they're aware of that situation

Majority of egyptians love the military, so a rule under them fro a short time isn't the end of the world

Fill me in a little. Do they want more of a Islamic influence or more secular/western influence? I would think more Islamic influence because they know if there is more secular, then the US is pulling strings.

Fill me in a little. Do they want more of a Islamic influence or more secular/western influence? I would think more Islamic influence because they know if there is more secular, then the US is pulling strings.
Honestly, they want to work, get paid, be able to feed their families, get some gas

Basically America but not as much of a western influence at all

It's a fine line. I come from a country were the government was overthrown over and over again and we've had in unrest for 20 year. The people at some point have to stay the course.

Every vote could be disputed from now on by some group or coalition. It's a very dangerous trend and I feel for the Egyptian people. They need stability to get the tourism back.

Last edited:
I just saw this quote on twitter:

"Egypt, a country united by what it does not want but divided on what it wants."

Some people dont like Obama, but they aren't protesting in the street like this because at least a majority of people here can make ends meet.

It's not like that over there, there isn't really a large middle class

All these people want is to feed their families.  

If the next president can provide that through his actions, i highly doubt there will be any more protests.

It's a fine line. I come from a country were the government was overthrown over and over again and we've had in unrest for 20 year. The people at some point have to stay the course.

Every vote could be disputed from now on by some group or coalition. It's a very dangerous trend and I feel for the Egyptian people. They need stability to get the tourism back.
It can, and probably will be disputed, but i highly doubt it will be to this scale.  

Some clarification on the situation being a military coup:
[Updated at 3:59 p.m. ET, 9:59 p.m. in Egypt]  Despite the Egyptian military's forced ouster of Morsy, a former Egyptian general, Sameh Seif El Yazal, argues to CNN that what happened today isn't a military coup. He says the military isn't going to rule the country and that the military "supported the will of the Egyptians."

El Yazal said he expects elections to take place in nine to 12 months.

To recap what Gen. Abdel-Fatah El-Sisi, Egypt's top military leader, said when announcing Morsy's ouster about an hour ago: Gen. Abdel-Fatah El-Sisi said Morsy was no longer the leader of the country, and that the head of the country's constitutional court will serve as Egypt's temporary president until a new constitution can be drawn up and new elections can be held.

It's not clear where Morsy is, although he, or someone on his behalf, appears to be sending messages through Twitter, as noted directly below.

Look at what has become of Egypt,a land and a people(what was) with an array greatness that contributed all of humanity.

I wish that country the best but I can't wholeheartedly say the same for the people that are there now who claim they are a peaceful people,who want peace but some alot of their actions say the opposite because it's anything but peaceful.
This is really about Morsi overextending his power. He granted himself dictator-status powers, and was surprised when the Egyptian people wouldn't stand for another dictator right after Mubarak.

reddit post summarizing:
-Islamist-backed constitution has been suspended provisionally.

-Chief Justice of Supreme Constitutional Court of Egypt(Adly Mansour) to serve as Acting President of Egypt until elections are held.

-Constitutional Court will start preparing for new presidential elections.

-Government to be led by other technocratic leaders until elections are held.

-Pope Tawadros II of Alexandria of the Coptic Church supports the Coup.

-Egypt's most senior Sunni authority, The Sheikh of al-Azhar, said on state TV the military and others had chosen the lesser of two evils.

-There are unconfirmed reports of heavy gunfire at a Muslim Brotherhood rally in Cairo's Nasr City.

-Former President Mohamed Morsi's location is unknown.

-Key opposition figure Mohammed elBaradei says the new roadmap "guarantees the achievement of the basic demand of the Egyptian people - to have early elections during a transitional period during which the constitution is re-written".

-Reports of a Brotherhood-supporting man screaming in anger "churches will burn, mosques will burn", etc.

-Local media reports that Egyptian Islamist channels Al Hafez, Al Nas and Misr 25 have gone off air.

-Mohamed Morsi's presidential Facebook page quotes Morsi saying he rejects army statement as 'military coup'.

-Egypt has entered "another military coup cycle", Muslim Brotherhood spokesman Gehad El-Haddad said in a tweet after the army's suspension of the constitution. "Will the people of #Egypt take it, again," he wrote.

-Al Nour Party (Ultra conservative Islamist party) supports coup to stop the bloodshed.

-Thousands at the pro-Morsy rally chanted "down with military rule" and "invalid" upon listening to the military announcement of Morsy's ouster.

-An Egyptian general just suggested that Morsi can run again if he wants.

-Al Jazeera reports that people at the Nasr City pro-Morsi rally just took a mass oath to defend Morsi with their lives.- Thanks for that upslupe

-In a statement, Mr Morsi asks all citizens, civilians or military, to abide by the constitution and the law, and not to respond to what he describes as a coup. He also calls on Egyptians to "avoid bloodshed".

-Morsi supporters have been listening to an audio recording of him denouncing the coup at a rally. Unknown if it was recorded or live.

-A former Egyptian general, Sameh Seif El Yazal, said he expects elections to take place in 9 to 12 months.

-Acting President Adly Mansour to be sworn in on Thursday.

Last edited:
Inshallah things work out but I have seen this before and it gets bumpy. You can't create new jobs if there is instability.

I don't get when people say things like " things will get worse before they get better". Of course revolution comes at a dire cost and most involved know that civil unrest is expected.

The process is usually long and hard but if its for the best of the Egyptian people as a whole to define thier goals and future of thier country,then it most definitely worth it.

I just saw this quote on twitter:

"
Egypt, a country united by
what it
does
not
want
but divided on
what
it wants."

Some people dont like Obama, but they aren't protesting in the street like this because at least a majority of people here can make ends meet.

It's not like that over there, there isn't really a large middle class

All these people want is to feed their families.  

If the next president can provide that through his actions, i highly doubt there will be any more protests.

agree. And the religious rhetoric is just demagoguery at this point. The bottom line is that the people's basic needs aren't being met.

Also, the role of the army as the enforcer of the people is an interesting concept.

Its not so much a religious problems (although Morsi was quite conservative) as it is an economic issue. Morsi promised changes that went unfulfilled.Although IMO he wasnt given enough time, he appeared to not really make an effort to make serious economic change. His public relations campaign was an utter failure

Back
Top Bottom