ELECTION DAY 2008:........... Barack Obama, the next President of the United States of America

13,426
1,517
Joined Sep 17, 2008
I got my Washington Post at Dunkin Donuts yesterday morning with a jelly donut and hot chocolate. Total was $3.63, now they selling like iphones on ebay,8-4:30 work shift FTW
 
800
10
Joined May 21, 2006
Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Originally Posted by Kneesh

Addicted ...

Just wondering , why do you think that just because someone makes less they don't work as hard .

No-one has ever answered this straight to me .
I didnt see this. Do you think someone who is just a high school graduate and is working a office 9-5 is working harder than me going through 6 years of school, driving 90 miles round trip 4 days a week for 4 years, payed my OWN way though my undergrad, and now working on a Doctorate, STILL driving 90 miles round trip from school to work and doing clinicals for a better life?

I'm not trying to "toot my own horn", but the point is when you put a whole lot of time, effort, and emotion to make a better life for yourself and then having someone tell you that "ok, that's great you worked really hard, but now, I want your money to make it fair.".


There's a choice people make at some point in their life. If you choose to do bad in school and end up with a telemarketing job after high school, that is your choice. If you decide to go to college and do something great, that is your choice.

Whatever choice you make and you take a fall, don't expect someone (in this case the government) to be there for you.
I'm not really feeling this breakdown. You didn't even answer the question at hand, unless of course your answer is that all high school graduates work in a plush, laid back office environment.

[/Barack Obama] How many high school graduates do you know make 6 figures? [/Barack Obama]

Maybe I didnt clarify. Lets say you are a construction worker making 60k, YOU chose that career. YOU know your salary will be limited, unless you work your way up to some management position. If YOU choose to stay at that 60k position, you shouldnt wonder why you arent being paid more and wondering "where is my help?".
No .

I'm talking about those dudes that don't do !*+# . They sit at their desks , do nothing all day , or even the people that inherited a lot of money thatwas passed down . Most of the hardest workers make less . The hardest workers are that Mother working two jobs never seeing her children because shedoesn't have a lot of opportunites , because the GOVERNMENT is $%%@#$ up . That's her fault tho right ? Nah , it's her fault ... she's lazy .She should try harder . My bad , the single guy , putting on his nice little suit , sitting at his desk job all daymaking 250k PLUS works harder ... that's why he MAKES more ! My bad , I was mistaken . Another mother should stop being so disabled &nd putting herchildren in government programs ,
, she should struggle in America , when thegovernment could help her out a little . But nooooooooo , we have to fund for the war , the one that Bush tricked us into ! My bad on that too .

How about you people that don't want your *%*##!+ taxes cut because of "government programs" move . Go live on an island somewhere . Because wedon't want you driving on our roads, getting stopped by our stop signs, your kids friends getting an education , your fires put out by our firefighters, orour cops helping you get your safety on . If you make more , you get taxed more , how hard is that to *%*##!+ understand ? You have $100 , I have $10 . Thegovernment takes $10 from you , &nd $1 from me . You want $1 taken from you too ? That makes no sense . Go sit in a corner , all of you guys saying thishave no valid argument . You make no sense .

I'm sure the people that are in need would rather get the help from people that would be willing to give it . &nd that's the middle - class .
 
10,489
223
Joined May 2, 2001
the single guy , putting on his nice little suit , sitting at his desk job all day making 250k PLUS works harder ... that's why he MAKES more
why is this always the prototypical example used?...

there are many small business people who work close to 14-15 hrs a day to get to their income level.
 
800
10
Joined May 21, 2006
Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

the single guy , putting on his nice little suit , sitting at his desk job all day making 250k PLUS works harder ... that's why he MAKES more
why is this always the prototypical example used?...

there are many small business people who work close to 14-15 hrs a day to get to their income level.
Because that same prototype is used for the blacks &nd latinos that are lazy . the ones that just sit on their $@% &nd use thesegovernment programs .

My bad for being right .
 
10,489
223
Joined May 2, 2001
Originally Posted by Kneesh

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

the single guy , putting on his nice little suit , sitting at his desk job all day making 250k PLUS works harder ... that's why he MAKES more
why is this always the prototypical example used?...

there are many small business people who work close to 14-15 hrs a day to get to their income level.
Because that same prototype is used for the blacks &nd latinos that are lazy . the ones that just sit on their $@% &nd use these government programs .

My bad for being right .


Right about what?...that people work hard on every level?
I don't think anyone disputes that.. but I'm sure just as there are many trust funders who don't do anything to earn their money as there areprobably as many minorities that are lazy.... who the hell cares?

...But to deny that many high income earners have not worked hard to get to their position is just as folly as stating that lower income workers work harderthan they do.
 
800
10
Joined May 21, 2006
Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by Kneesh

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

the single guy , putting on his nice little suit , sitting at his desk job all day making 250k PLUS works harder ... that's why he MAKES more
why is this always the prototypical example used?...

there are many small business people who work close to 14-15 hrs a day to get to their income level.
Because that same prototype is used for the blacks &nd latinos that are lazy . the ones that just sit on their $@% &nd use these government programs .

My bad for being right .
Right about what?...that people work hard on every level?
I don't think anyone disputes that.. but I'm sure just as there are many trust funders who don't do anything to earn their money as there are probably as many minorities that are lazy.... who the hell cares?

...But to deny that many high income earners have not worked hard to get to their position is just as folly as stating that lower income workers work harder than they do.



True .

But you claimed that what I said was basically "stereotypical" .

Then I gave you the same stereotypical response that people say about lazy people .

I'm not denying that those people work hard , but ask them about people who use government programs .

I dare you .

They're going to say , "ahh , those people are lazy . they don't work hard , they just want the government to give to them ."
 
465
10
Joined Oct 14, 2002
Right about what?...that people work hard on every level?
I don't think anyone disputes that.. but I'm sure just as there are many trust funders who don't do anything to earn their money as there are probably as many minorities that are lazy.... who the hell cares?

...But to deny that many high income earners have not worked hard to get to their position is just as folly as stating that lower income workers work harder than they do.
Dirty, while watching the campaign, i saw tons of people on the right wing saying that, 'We don't want to give our hard earned wealth topeople who don't deserve it'. 'I worked hard for my money, why should the gov't take it and give it to some welfare queen'. etc. Theunderlying theme was that people who are less well off are less well off because they didn't work hard. Luck plays a hell of a roll in life, and i foundthat argument of wealth being proportionate to hard work, extremely simplified.
 
10,489
223
Joined May 2, 2001
Originally Posted by Kneesh

True .

But you claimed that what I said was basically "stereotypical" .

Then I gave you the same stereotypical response that people say about lazy people .

I'm not denying that those people work hard , but ask them about people who use government programs .

I dare you .

They're going to say , "ahh , those people are lazy . they don't work hard , they just want the government to give to them ."
I'll give you that....easily.
and it's an argument full of just as many holes.

but you have to admit that those who have worked their way up to a high income earning position have indeed gone through many hurdles(to get to their position)that low income earners have not.
Of course -- the counter argument is that those low-income earners also face many hurdles..different ones, but hurdles nonetheless.

I don't think you can place a value as to who "works harder"...but I'll say that those who truly worked hard to get to their high incomeposition...definitely earned it...and can understand why they'd be upset that they're going to being taxed at a higher rate than those who are at alower income level..
 
800
10
Joined May 21, 2006
But Dirty , okay .

Sure it's their money , but they're selfish . The people that they clam are "lazy" have been paying the most taxes , and it has BEEN likethat .

How can you judge how hard someone has worked to get to their high - income job ? Granted some work for it , but most had the opportunity . Whether it wastheir families income ALREADY or by them knowing someone .

Someone like Jay-Z I can CLEARLY see griping about taxes being raised , or even Oprah . THEY worked hard . But you don't see them complaining . Grantedtheir million/billionaires , but still .

Just because you have a higher paying job or higher job doesn't mean you worked harder , plain and simple .
 
3,646
11
Joined Nov 11, 2004
it all comes down to your moral standards..me personally i am wiling to be taxed more so that programs that helped me acheive my "Success" can alsohelp others acheive some level of success.

however you have many ppl on the other side of the spectrum who dont necessarily understand the meaning of giving help so that others can rise or simply livein a stable environment. Thats where you get the black teen single with 5 kids living plush off of 600 dollars a month
and thats where understanding white privelege(sp) comes into play
 
7,852
11
Joined Jun 29, 2008
Originally Posted by Kneesh

But Dirty , okay .

Sure it's their money , but they're selfish . The people that they clam are "lazy" have been paying the most taxes , and it has BEEN like that .

How can you judge how hard someone has worked to get to their high - income job ? Granted some work for it , but most had the opportunity . Whether it was their families income ALREADY or by them knowing someone .

Someone like Jay-Z I can CLEARLY see griping about taxes being raised , or even Oprah . THEY worked hard . But you don't see them complaining . Granted their million/billionaires , but still .

Just because you have a higher paying job or higher job doesn't mean you worked harder , plain and simple .
You just made your argument null and void with that statement. It's their money, as you said, therefore they have earned that right to beselfish with it especially if they earned it.

How do you know Jay and Oprah aren't complaining? Just because they aren't vocal about it doesn't mean that they aren't pissed. A lot of yourarguments are based on stereotyping people and because of that you lose even before you type.

EDIT: 1988
 
800
10
Joined May 21, 2006
No .

I know for a fact that they aren't complaining .

You sound stupid , why are you even in this conversation ? Me and Dirty were having an EDUCATED discussion .

You aren't even COMPREHENDING what we are talking about .

The middle-class has been having the most taxes , with that @@%$*%+ trickle down theory . That hasn't WORKED . So the government wants to try to changethat &nd tryyyy something different &nd everyone wants to cry .

Get over it .
 

darthska

Staff member
31,584
9,294
Joined Apr 30, 2004
Kneesh: [hr][/hr] Granted some work for it , but most had the opportunity . Whether it was their families income ALREADY or by them knowing someone .

Someone like Jay-Z I can CLEARLY see griping about taxes being raised , or even Oprah . THEY worked hard . But you don't see them complaining .
That's the main hole I see in the argument 'Everyone has the same opportunity.' No, everyone doesn't. Some kid living in a gatedcommunity under the roof of wealthy parents, he has infinitely more opportunity for success than the kid that sits next to him in homeroom, living in adysfunctional home in the ghetto.

Anyone telling me those two have the same opportunities in life is naive.

Now, is it anyone's fault? The common response is 'Well it's not the rich kid's fault that the ghetto kid doesn't have the sameopportunities that he has.' And that's true. But it's not the ghetto kid's fault, either. The fact that the kid in the ghetto has to work rightout of high school... TO HELP HIS PARENTS PAY BILLS... while the rich kid works right out of high school... WHILE ATTENDING UCLA... neither one of them is toblame for that, nor is either one of them to be credited for that.
haiti5: [hr][/hr] me personally i am wiling to be taxed more so that programs that helped me acheive my "Success" can also help others acheive some level of success.
Here, here.
 
7,852
11
Joined Jun 29, 2008
Originally Posted by Kneesh

No .

I know for a fact that they aren't complaining .

You sound stupid , why are you even in this conversation ? Me and Dirty were having an EDUCATED discussion .

You aren't even COMPREHENDING what we are talking about .

The middle-class has been having the most taxes , with that @@%$*%+ trickle down theory . That hasn't WORKED . So the government wants to try to change that &nd tryyyy something different &nd everyone wants to cry .

Get over it .
So we have resorted to name calling have we? Tilt your hat to the left or right
.

You never pay attention to what you say. I can go deep in this thread and pull up all the stuff you typed based on stereotypes to "solidify" anargument. You were called out for it and you attempted to refute by once again resorting to stereotypes.

Get over what? I'm over "it" if that is what you are referring to.


You just made your argument null and void with that statement. It's their money, as you said, therefore they have earned that right to be selfish with it especially if they earned it.




there is no right to be selfish..THATS UNAMERICAN..i know racists who would disagree with you


Stoneface me if you want. Until welfare and medicaid are reformed to prevent fraud people will always feel this way.

They closet racists Haiti
I'm tired of this argument on Niketalk. You have no idea what my ethnicity is so how dare you make that claim.
 
3,646
11
Joined Nov 11, 2004
You just made your argument null and void with that statement. It's their money, as you said, therefore they have earned that right to be selfish with it especially if they earned it.




there is no right to be selfish..THATS UNAMERICAN..i know racists who would disagree with you
 
800
10
Joined May 21, 2006
Haiti ...


[Wayne] I try to tell 'em ... [/wayne]

They closet racists Haiti . They know what they want to say . "We don't want to give our money to those _'s . &nd that's all to it .They're mad &nd salty . I'm still wondering why we make less &nd don't worry about paying taxes 2 better someone else .
 
800
10
Joined May 21, 2006
Lazy B wrote:
They closet racists Haiti
I'm tired of this argument on Niketalk. You have no idea what my ethnicity is so how dare you make that claim.



I wasn't even talking about you .


Offended eh ?

Took that as a personal shot ?


Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I will never understand the selfishness.
Me either .
 
5,491
13
Joined Jul 24, 2007
Originally Posted by Kneesh

No .

I know for a fact that they aren't complaining .

You sound stupid , why are you even in this conversation ? Me and Dirty were having an EDUCATED discussion .

You aren't even COMPREHENDING what we are talking about .

The middle-class has been having the most taxes , with that @@%$*%+ trickle down theory . That hasn't WORKED . So the government wants to try to change that &nd tryyyy something different &nd everyone wants to cry .

Get over it .
Oprah and J shelter their wealth in tax free vehicles and offshore accounts.
Don't kid yourself.

The truly wealthy don't give up their money. Never have. Never will.
 
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now