ELEVEN PEOPLE SHOT THIS WEEKEND

word?

this aint just the Southcenter shooting is it?

I really need to turn off the CNN/MSNBC and start watching some local news.
I only heard about the Southcenter shooting cause my boy was there with his kids when it went down.

Belltown - two people shot near Venom
Vito's nightclub (in the club) - one guy killed
Southcenter - two teens shot, one killed
Skyway - four people shot, one killed
Rainier Ave South (on Sunday night) - two teens shot

The hell is going on around here?

One of the people that got shot was my sisters sorority sister. they said it was a drive by shooting and one of the stray bullets hit her in the face.

Originally Posted by Seattle206

One of the people that got shot was my sisters sorority sister. they said it was a drive by shooting and one of the stray bullets hit her in the face.

Are you talking about the shooting that happened on Halloween near Ohana's?

The Venom shooting happened on Friday night in the parking lot right next to it....

so many shootings lately
smh.gif

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/389118_shooting24.htmlhttp://seattlepi.nwsource...al/389118_shooting24.html

Originally Posted by The Rat Pack Is Back

Are you talking about the shooting that happened on Halloween near Ohana's?

The Venom shooting happened on Friday night in the parking lot right next to it....

so many shootings lately
smh.gif

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/389118_shooting24.htmlhttp://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/389118_shooting24.htmlhttp://seattlepi.nwsource...al/389118_shooting24.html

last friday.

i heard about that. i'm glad it wasn't fatal. thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by the senseless acts.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Vito's nightclub (in the club) - one guy killed
Southcenter - two teens shot, one killed
Skyway - four people shot, one killed
Rainier Ave South (on Sunday night) - two teens shot

The hell is going on around here?

And all the Police Notices UW students getting about crimes around UW....
like 3-4 in the past week!!
OD!!

A bunch of robberies or attempted robberies right around UW.
People with guns & knives trying to get at people.
smh.gif

^ word, ive been getting those emails from the UW police, must have been at least 4 group robberies in the past 5 days. all this gang related !+!# is pissingme off

Also, what I'm getting sick of, are the nonstop "oh, he was a good kid" crap that spews from the parents and teachers of these kids involved inthe shootings. I think one comment regarded how one kid left his gang affiliations at the door. Well, as soon as he walked out, he obviously picked them rightback up. It's about time we start calling people out on this, including parents, who clearly have a warped sense of the mindset of these kids.

desoIation1 wrote:
^ word, ive been getting those emails from the UW police, must have been at least 4 group robberies in the past 5 days. all this gang related !+!# is pissing me off

word.... and some of them have been during the day
smh.gif

A 21 year old shooting a 15 year old and 16 year old is what makes you a gangster now days?
indifferent.gif
What is happening in Seattle? used to be so chill

Wow! SMH but there was a stabbing in lynnwood pretty brutal! Its terrible out here man! Its wild!

Yeah it is definitely crazy. I left a dangerous neighborhood in SF to come up here to Seattle for school thinking it was calm and peaceful, and I would nothave to worry about this stuff anymore, but apparently not. These daytime robberies are not what's up, the one that tripped me out was the girl that gotrobbed for her cellphone and 500 bucks at a bus stop near campus.

[h1]Word on the street: Seattle violence is rising[/h1]
An ongoing war that has pitted gang members in Seattle's Central Area against rivals in Rainier Valley has grown increasingly violentover the past two years, say police and prosecutors.

An ongoing war that has pitted gang members in Seattle's Central Area against rivals in Rainier Valley has grown increasingly violent over the past twoyears, say police and prosecutors.

In the summer of 2006, Seattle gang detectives began noting a disturbing pattern of shootings attributed to gangs in those two neighborhoods. The rivalrynow appears to be escalating.

Nonetheless, Seattle police are loath to label as gang-related any of the shootings that have left six teenagers dead since January, although thedepartment's gang unit has been involved in all the investigations. However, patrol officers, prosecutors and probation officers say teens they encountertell them the rivalry is alive and well - and heating up.

The latest casualty appears to be 16-year-old Diaquan Jones, who was fatally shot Saturday at Westfield Southcenter mall in Tukwila.

Police on Tuesday announced they are searching for a suspect in the shooting: 21-year-old Barry Lee Saunders, who police say has gone into hiding and has anextensive network of criminal associates.

According to charging papers, Jones and three friends began throwing gang signs at two rivals during an encounter at the mall. A fistfight ensued, andSaunders pulled a gun and fatally shot Jones in the stomach and wounded 15-year-old Jermaine McGowan, according to charging papers.

Saunders escaped in the chaos that followed the shooting as shoppers ran for cover.

McGowan was in satisfactory condition Tuesday at Harborview Medical Center.

Tukwila police said Saunders targeted Jones and McGowan, who were among the four boys fighting with Saunders' brother and one of their friends at themall.

Tukwila police spokesman Mike Murphy said police withheld announcing Saunders as the suspected gunman in hopes that friends and family could persuade him tosurrender. But on Tuesday they pointed to him as the suspect in hopes that the public could help in finding him.

Saunders was charged Tuesday with second-degree murder and first-degree assault and a warrant was issued for his arrest. Murphy said Saunders should beconsidered dangerous and may be armed with a black handgun.

Murphy declined to discuss the ongoing investigation or say whether the shootings were gang-related. However, Murphy did say there has been an escalation inviolence around the region in recent days that may be retaliatory.

"We hope he has gone to ground in Puget Sound. We think he's still somewhere in King County," said Murphy. "Obviously he's going tobe facing serious charges, but it's better than being shot in retaliation."

Law-enforcement officials said Jones, McGowan and two other teens shot in a separate shooting Sunday night outside a Rainier Valley convenience store hadties to a Rainier Valley or South End gang.

Murphy would not say whether Saunders is connected with a rival gang.

For police and prosecutors, the mall shootings underscore how quickly fights can escalate into gunfire, an incident made even more disturbing because ithappened in a crowded mall.

"Where are they getting the guns?" asked a former Seattle gang-unit officer, who asked to not be named. "They're everywhere."

Assistant United States Attorney Vince Lombardi, an anti-gang coordinator, said the gun violence is frustrating to federal investigators.

"Kids in gangs is not a new thing," Lombardi said. "Juveniles committing crime is not a new thing. What surprises me is how heavily armedthey are in Seattle and how quick they are to go for a gun."

Wyman Yip, King County senior deputy prosecutor overseeing the juvenile division, could not characterize the increase in juvenile violence he sees as beinggang-related, but agreed it's going up.

"There's definitely been an escalation," Yip said. "There's no doubt about it."

According to one girl, Jones was a friend of two other young men who were also shot over the weekend in the separate shooting on Sunday in RainierValley.

A teenage girl said in a phone interview earlier this week that she was hanging out with Jones the day before Jones was killed, when he reportedly said,"Real Gs don't make it past 17." He was referring to "real gangsters," the girl said.

On Sunday, Terrance Paige, 17, was shot in the leg and 16-year-old Thomas Williams was shot in the forearm outside a Rainier Valley convenience store.

"I don't know if it's related, but all three of them were friends," the girl said of Jones, Paige and Williams.

As the girl spoke with a reporter, a chorus of voices could be heard in the background telling the girl "not to be a snitch." She hung up.Contacted later, the girl declined to provide any additional information.

Paige and Williams told police they did not see the person who shot them, Yip said.

Another person who did not see who shot him was the 16-year-old boy who survived a shooting behind Garfield High School on Halloween that left 15-year-oldQuincy Coleman dead.

But friends of Coleman's claimed at the time that he was killed by a Rainier Valley gang member and vowed retaliation.

According to police and prosecutors, the code of silence - which warns gang members and witnesses alike not to "snitch" to police - is severelyundermining their investigation into the murder.

King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg said Tuesday that youth violence is at the worst level he has seen in nearly 20 years. He said that prosecutors in hisoffice's Most Dangerous Offender Project have been running from shooting to shooting, in many cases where kids in their early teens are the victim or thesuspect.

"It's disturbing to see 15-, 16-year-old kids shooting each other for reasons only known to them. Their lack of cooperation with police is anothervery disturbing trend."

Satterberg said that when he prosecuted gang crimes in the late 1980s, victims and witnesses wouldn't hesitate to talk to police and testify in court.But nowadays prosecutors are struggling to get anyone to talk about what they saw, what Satterberg refers to as a "don't-snitch code."

"Now the trend has gone toward if the person has been shot, they aren't willing to disclose that to police," he said. "If we don'thave witnesses, we don't have a case. That is the emerging code of the street; we don't know how deep that runs.

"It's very disturbing to see kids killing kids and to see the ethic on the street being promoted as protecting the kids who are perpetrating theviolence."

Satterberg said he has started working with the Seattle City Council and community members in the Central Area, especially since the attack on Ed McMichael,known as "Tuba Man."

McMichael was jumped by a group of teens near Seattle Center on Oct. 25 and died nine days later from his injuries. He said the group hopes to somehow get amessage to children. He adds, "there isn't an easy solution."

"People need to step forward when they know [about crime]," Satterberg said. "They have to cooperate with authorities as an act of civilduty, of courage and valor."

He said authorities need to go into the schools and start with children as young as the first grade and "encourage kids to speak up because it'stheir community in the long run.

"This is their community they are going to live in, do they want to tolerate murder?"

Seattle Police Department spokesman Sean Whitcomb declined to comment on the ongoing investigations into the recent shootings. He did say that despite therecent slayings, statistics show that violent crime is not on the increase in the city.

A Seattle police commander, speaking on condition of anonymity, said street officers have been warning for some time that gang violence was escalating, butdepartment officials have focused only on statistics.

"We knew it was coming a number of years ago," the commander said.

Top department officials haven't wanted to recognize the problem because it "doesn't look good," the commander said.

But the "entire feel on the street" is that violence among gang members has escalated, along with more violence directed at officers, thecommander said.

After Coleman's shooting, Seattle City Councilman Tim Burgess called on the city to "acknowledge - publicly, out loud - that we have a serious gangcrisis in our city."

From SeattlePi about the South Center shooter...
Street sources said Saunders was involved with two gangs -- the Low Profiles, described as a renegade group based in the Central District -- and 8 Block, a hybrid combining members from the CD and South Seattle.
As soon as I read this I was like
eek.gif
I knowwhat 8 block is....
8 block is the gang sign Nate Rob always throws up.... Nate Robinson part of 8 block as far as I know
Then I youtubed 8 block...

eek.gif
eek.gif

What do I find?!?

Dude I used to hoop with down at Rainier CC & was on my basketball teams back in the day..... former STATE FOOTBALL PLAYER OF THE YEAR (@ Ballard)
Keauntea Bankhead a rapper now
Young Banks
8 Block

Who's in his music video??

Nate Rob! He makes his 1st appearance at 1:00, he's wearing the read hat

Key Bankhead is the 2nd guy... "banks"

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Also, what I'm getting sick of, are the nonstop "oh, he was a good kid" crap that spews from the parents and teachers of these kids involved in the shootings. I think one comment regarded how one kid left his gang affiliations at the door. Well, as soon as he walked out, he obviously picked them right back up. It's about time we start calling people out on this, including parents, who clearly have a warped sense of the mindset of these kids.

co-sign, i always say the same thing. i feel bad for the kid because he was young but a gang member at 16 isnt what i'd call a great kid.

TBONE95860 wrote:
From SeattlePi about the South Center shooter...
Street sources said Saunders was involved with two gangs -- the Low Profiles, described as a renegade group based in the Central District -- and 8 Block, a hybrid combining members from the CD and South Seattle.
As soon as I read this I was like
eek.gif
I know what 8 block is....
8 block is the gang sign Nate Rob always throws up.... Nate Robinson part of 8 block as far as I know
Then I youtubed 8 block...

eek.gif
eek.gif

What do I find?!?

Dude I used to hoop with down at Rainier CC & was on my basketball teams back in the day..... former STATE FOOTBALL PLAYER OF THE YEAR (@ Ballard)
Keauntea Bankhead a rapper now
Young Banks
8 Block

Who's in his music video??

Nate Rob! He makes his 1st appearance at 1:00, he's wearing the read hat

Key Bankhead is the 2nd guy... "banks"

not surprising since majority of the kids that went to rainier beach is from section 8/8 block
smh.gif

He shouldve stuck to football, he looks nervous when he raps in those videos

PS does anyone remember the greenlake classic tourny in like 05 when nate and 8 block were beefing wit jamal and brandons team?

Back
Top Bottom