Elon Musk trying to buy Twitter (edit: deal has been finalized)

close-curtain.gif

Dawg I only manage about 120 employees at my job and even I know that making an ultimatum like that would only serve to bite me in the ***.

Dude is probably slamming Pepto Bismol right now, and he did it all to himself.

I’m saying. He didn’t even take his staff to see dueling pianos at a bar and cater Red Robin. He didn’t even give his staff twitter backpacks or coffee mugs? :smh: Dude has ALOT to learn.

Now we go to former Elon defender osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh for his comments on the situation...
giphy.gif

Starlink still fast. :pimp:

But
To be clear for the record my "defense" of Elon consisted of;

you have to be smart and talented person to build Starlink, Space X, and Tesla.

And that buying twitter seemed like a dumb idea,
Twitter has fundamental problems that have little to do with moderation decisions.

I feel like that take stands up pretty well.

Yeah but you’re also discounting the hundreds if not thousands he relied upon to make those ventures work. Elon is not self made.

I'm not discounting anything.
I literally never said he was "self made"

I'm not some Elon is a genius tech god king guy,
I said it takes talent and smarts to build Tesla, Starlink and spaceX.

I still think that's true.

I said buying twitter seemed to me like a bad idea, low upside, really expensive bet.

I still think that's true.

Starlink still fast. :pimp:

But
To be clear for the record my "defense" of Elon consisted of;

you have to be smart and talented person to build Starlink, Space X, and Tesla.

And that buying twitter seemed like a dumb idea,
Twitter has fundamental problems that have little to do with moderation decisions.

I feel like that take stands up pretty well.
I'm joking because you were taking your shirt off for anyone you felt was being too harsh on Musk :lol:

But seriously...

But if someone took an honest look at his business record, even his successes, it should have been clear how much of a normal generic rent-seeking dude he is and that he had nothing really special to offer Twitter.

He couldn't fail in silence for years, overwork his employees, and rely on government assistance to fund his projects this time. Twitter was a different beast.

Either way, I don't think you or I could have predicted things going this badly. On top of misunderstanding the market; Elon bought into his own hype, and let internet brain poisoning get the best of him. He should have taken this situation more seriously

Last edited:
I'm joking because you were taking your shirt off for anyone you felt was being too harsh on Musk :lol:

But seriously...

But if someone took an honest look at his business record, even his successes, it should have been clear how much of a normal generic rent-seeking dude he is and that he had nothing really special to offer Twitter.

He couldn't fail in silence for years, overwork his employees, and rely on government assistance to fund his projects. Twitter was a different beast.

Either way, I don't think you or I could have predicted things going this badly. On top of misunderstanding the market; Elon bought into his own hype, and let internet brain poisoning get the best of him. He should have taken this situation more seriously

I think the internet brain poisoning is really significant.

I think he's absorbed a way too online right wing addicted to twitter trolling version of reality.

he really seems to think that lots of people want to tweet,
and blue checkmarks and over active moderation is what preventing them from doing it.

When he said that "Twitter generates lots of traffic for articles and media."

I've worked in social media marketing for film / tv
that's like lesson #1 twitter doesn't deliver click. :lol:

The only way to come to that conclusion,
Is if you think the right wing caricatures of twitter is real.

Back
Top Bottom