Elon Musk trying to buy Twitter (edit: deal has been finalized)

Fh-EOchWIAUuh2w

This post still remains a masterpiece

Not like it's a surprise or anything but that poll was a joke. 80MM fake followers :smh:

Twitter has been saying people were dead that were still alive for YEARS it's only right that things come full circle.

Seems like people who don't use/lurk twitter regularly don't understand how things work on there. Mixed with that whole anti everything/internet contrarian thing

Wb trump

Hey everyone i have a question, so ive been on twitter since 2010 and havent used it that much (only 2,000 tweets). Now Im more into it past few days especially for sneaker releases. Is there any good profiles to follow with notifications on for restocks?? Or what are the top 5 sneaker related twitter accounts you want to be notified on? Thanks in advance!

Wb trump

Hey everyone i have a question, so ive been on twitter since 2010 and havent used it that much (only 2,000 tweets). Now Im more into it past few days especially for sneaker releases. Is there any good profiles to follow with notifications on for restocks?? Or what are the top 5 sneaker related twitter accounts you want to be notified on? Thanks in advance!

@ solelinks

Instagram and Tiktok are visual mediums that cater to conventionally attractive people.

If you are a person who is not attractive, likes to write, and is addicted to twitter.
Instagram and Tiktok will never be a replacement for Twitter because the algorithm favors attractive people.

I like and follow the economist Paul Krugman on twitter, I don't follow him on instagram.
I'm certainly not going to be reading screenshotted notes app pages on an app where I'm primed to see compelling visual images.

Facebook also can't be a replacement for Twitter because of the lack of anonymity,
I might follow controversial people on twitter that I would never do under my own name.

I like and follow Matt Yglesias on Twitter, I would never do so on Facebook.
every like or follow becomes a public endorsement.
also the character limit has disciplining function that produces more viral engaging text based content.

Mastodon is obviously ridiculous. people thinking that's an option are simply delusional.
normal people are not setting up maston servers.
and a hyper progressive space where entire communities of people can be banned based on whatever petty slights real or imagined

is not attractive to normal people.

a lot of people who don't like Elon and claiming they are going to leave are fooling themselves.
they are addicted to Twitter, and will not leave it until something else can scratch that itch.

Instagram and Tiktok are visual mediums that cater to conventionally attractive people.

If you are a person who is not attractive, likes to write, and is addicted to twitter.
Instagram and Tiktok will never be a replacement for Twitter because the algorithm favors attractive people.

I like and follow the economist Paul Krugman on twitter, I don't follow him on instagram.
I'm certainly not going to be reading screenshotted notes app pages on an app where I'm primed to see compelling visual images.

Facebook also can't be a replacement for Twitter because of the lack of anonymity,
I might follow controversial people on twitter that I would never do under my own name.

I like and follow Matt Yglesias on Twitter, I would never do so on Facebook.
every like or follow becomes a public endorsement.
also the character limit has disciplining function that produces more viral engaging text based content.

Mastodon is obviously ridiculous. people thinking that's an option are simply delusional.
normal people are not setting up maston servers.
and a hyper progressive space where entire communities of people can be banned based on whatever petty slights real or imagined

is not attractive to normal people.

a lot of people who don't like Elon and claiming they are going to leave are fooling themselves.
they are addicted to Twitter, and will not leave it until something else can scratch that itch.
Tbh out of the three twitter is the most addictive

Ig is mostly for personal friends of mine and hot chicks stories , Facebook i only use to find good condition furniture 😂😂😂😂

Social media platforms don't become sensations overnight.

It takes years for a platform to catch on.

Unless it becomes a totally different app, it will fundamentally always be a niche product.

The open source nature demands a level of technical expertise to get it started.

The way it structured essentially just makes it like a series of interlocking internet forums.

Each with its own set of arbitrary moderation guidelines.

And since it's influx of users, are mostly the most hyper censorious twitter users
It's already become an unattractive place for normal people.

And because you can perma ban all users from an instance.
Every person runs the risk of being banned from half of mastadon because of the indiscretions of users
you just happen to share a server with.

It's like getting banned from the rest of the internet because of something NinjaHood posted.

It's an niche product for open source tech utopians who don't don't care about creating an appealing product for non nerds.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom