Emanuel AME : Charleston South Carolina shooting has left at least 8 dead.

How does South Carolina NOT have a hate crime statue?? Inexcusable.

I don't think they're the only Southern state to have that. It's literally *** backwards in the South, I lived in Alabama for the first 18 years of my life. Damn KKK still having marches in 2015. You'd be disgusted at the vitriol still directed at black people openly down in that region.

Eh, I can't believe I'm about to defend Alabama, but I am.

1.  I've seen the KKK march in Michigan.  They actually "march" all over the country.  You just rarely hear about it because nobody gives them the time of day anymore.  
2.  The first time I was ever called the n-word was back up top in Michigan.  Nobody has ever said that to me in my 9 years in Bama.  

I'm not trying to say that the South isn't backwards, because it is.  I've pretty much grown to hate it.  :lol:   But the hate and vitriol exists EVERYWHERE in this country.  Hell, I remember kids hanging up Confederate flags on their lockers in high school.  In the 90's.  IN MICHIGAN.  

The problem with southern states is that they're Bible thumpers.  In their minds, there's no need for hate crime statutes because...Jesus.   

where in michigan were you? Howell? IT's racist af there.

I don't think they're the only Southern state to have that. It's literally *** backwards in the South, I lived in Alabama for the first 18 years of my life. Damn KKK still having marches in 2015. You'd be disgusted at the vitriol still directed at black people openly down in that region.

1.  I've seen the KKK march in Michigan.  They actually "march" all over the country.  You just rarely hear about it because nobody gives them the time of day anymore.  
2.  The first time I was ever called the n-word was back up top in Michigan.  Nobody has ever said that to me in my 9 years in Bama.  

I'm not trying to say that the South isn't backwards, because it is.  I've pretty much grown to hate it.  
laugh.gif
  But the hate and vitriol exists EVERYWHERE in this country.  Hell, I remember kids hanging up Confederate flags on their lockers in high school.  In the 90's.  IN MICHIGAN.  

The problem with southern states is that they're Bible thumpers.  In their minds, there's no need for hate crime statutes because...Jesus.   
Hell naw I wasn't in Howell.  I know better than that lol.  I've heard all kinds of stories about Howell.  

I was in Grand Rapids, which is a pretty progressive city by midwest standards.  

CNN said the gun was given to him by his father for his b-day.

Think it was a .45

i'm sure he gifted his son with some of that good ol racism too

this shouldn't be treated as a gun issue though

Agreed...but it does beg to question why you would give a .45 to your racist, degenerate son.

Gonna be interesting to see the dirt that's dug up on his dad & family....

this isn't about the south either.

this is about rampant racism throughout the entire country in every corner of our lives from the very bottom to the very top

Not saying it's not racist everywhere just speaking on my experience from being born and raised there and subsequently getting the hell out the first chance I got and never going back except to visit the fam.

Which is ironic. Majority of them are of Western European descent, which means they aren't God's chosen people. Then they could argue that the Lord loves everyone equally, but then that means they love Blacks, Muslims, Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, etc. all the same as them.

I'm not trying to say that the South isn't backwards, because it is.  I've pretty much grown to hate it.  :lol:   But the hate and vitriol exists EVERYWHERE in this country.  Hell, I remember kids hanging up Confederate flags on their lockers in high school.  In the 90's.  IN MICHIGAN.  

Hell naw I wasn't in Howell.  I know better than that lol.  I've heard all kinds of stories about Howell.  

I was in Grand Rapids, which is a pretty progressive city by midwest standards.  

yea bro Howell is a no go. When I go up to MSU, I just speed through Howell. No stops. They're still lynching out there, real talk.

Damn, GR? That's unfortunate..but..not entirely surprising I suppose considering the majority demographic. It's like it's own little island of one ideal. They have their perfect pleasantville town. everything changed when they added color. It's not too bad there these days though. People are less ignorant with their feeling. Or, they hide it better lol.

I figured they were gonna steer this from a race/hate crime to a gun control issue :smh: ...the deflection is quick n usually effective with the masses

Not really the thread for it, but surely don't be surprised if this unfortunately becomes the big narrative behind this Mass Murder.

The Government has been trying to take gun rights from people for years, CLEARLY white America isn't having that and despite the ttreatment they get from officers, politicians etc etc they are never gonna win that portion of the people over.

So what's the alternative? go after the black people who because of high arrest rates, can't legally own firearms anyway, and have a long history in our communities of guns causing death.

Use this as a combative way to place whites Vs Blacks, and in the meantime use this tragedy as a catalyst to garner more support for anti gun laws in the black community. And because the black church has always been in such highstanding throughout the black community, this brutal attack happening at a prominent black church will surely garner support come voting time

Bingo

Man the south need to catch up with civilization man. These dudes REFUSE to reacces their values and beliefs. Ignant

I almossst cant blame southern whites for not messin wit black folk down there. The ignance on both sides is astonishing. I dont think theres truly been any advancements in race relations since Dr King

Whose mans is this

He was caught in North Carolina.
:smh:

The beast...

:smh: 90 mins from me
He was caught in Shelby, North Carolina....which is about 3 hours or so away from Charleston.
He survived.... :frown:
This is one guy i wanted to hear DOA on.

Them Devils always get their day in court

Last edited:
the fact that it seems like every media outlet and Obama is making this a gun violence issue, just makes me wonder if 9 lives were sacrificed for a political agenda.

guns arent the issue here. racism and hate is.

Agreed...the image of the white terrorist definitely needs to be introduced and be at the forefront. Bomani's tweets are spot on about this too.

Your comments on white america I agree with as well. But let me ask you this... Do you think Obama should be responsible for that? Because I think he catches heat for not doing this and a lot of blacks feel like he should be our most vocal proponent. I think more of the responsibility relies on the media. The people that already disagree with Obama will never hear this message nor will it resonate. If Obama comes out swinging on this and shoves it in White America's faces....what type of results do you think we will see? I think people fail to realize Obama speaking up for us more will only be music to our ears but it terms of change it will have little impact because of the powers that be.

I treat Obama and his comments the way i treat the media, i simply don't expect much if anything at all. Obama is in a situation that in all reality I know why he can't campaign for black justice out in the open. As a politician you risk way too much speaking on things of that nature.

However if we were to take all the politics and reality out of the equation and focused simply on "The idea of the United States President Of America speaking on racism in america" I think it would open up convos, debates and change that no amount of police killings would be able to garner. Him sitting down and directly discussing the causes, the root, and the long term effect of racism could potentially help things tremendously.

Your 100% right in the notion that those who already don't agree are not gonna changed their minds, it's ingrained in them. However more importantly than the clear cut opposers are those who are minorities themselves and try to turn the blind eye to racism as if it doesn't exist or is just some radical form of thinking.

If Obama were to give one of his articulate and passionate speeches based solely on the problem of racism, many people who live under that "not all blacks" mentality that constantly claim blacks are claiming victim, that blacks should just out work everyone etc etc... if they were to hear the leader of the free world factually explain the effects and causes of racism & how this has shaped the country i think A lot more would be done.

Because everyone hasn't been exposed too full frontal racism, or hasn't been exposed to it through the teachings of others there still seems to be a large portion of people who don't really understand racism and how much it has done to weaken black people.

I wonder how many more times something like this needs to happen before white dudes start getting stereotyped as badly as black dudes do

Back
Top Bottom