EMINEM Almost Snagged Lead Role in "JUMPERS"

[h3]Eminem Was Almost A Jumper[/h3]
by JOKESTA

FRIDAY FEBRUARY 15, 2008

asset.jpg

Detroit rapper Eminem has been out of the public eye for some time now, but with the opening of 20th Century Fox's Jumperthis week, fans of the "Real Slim Shady" hitmaker could've gotten the chance to see him return to the big screen as the lead role.
According to MTV, Em had the role within hisgrasps until "The Bourne Identity" director Doug Liman chose to go with Star War's Hayden Christensen.

"We did have conversations with Eminem," Liman tells MTV.

"If I've proven anything to myself, it's that I can tailor a role to an actor. ... [I could] develop the role with [someone like Eminem] and make it extremely specific to them," he said of his thoughts at thetime.

"So as long as the person has acting chops, I'm open to talking to almost anybody for almost any role."

Those thoughts quickly faded once Liman started to consider Christensen for the role.

"It was one of those things where the studio, with all things being equal, would rather put a bigger name in the movie [and wanted Eminem]. At somepoint, I just put my foot down and said, 'I love Hayden.' "

'Jumpers' opened nation wide on Thursday, February 14th. You can check out the trailer below.

Who knows? If the rumors are true, if they had hired Em for this role maybe he wouldn't have gained all that weight due to being active. The guy's richand obviously content doing next to nothing right now.

It would've been cool to see Eminem playing a role like that. Maybe he wouldn't be overweight now.

Originally Posted by MrSneakerman

Maybe he wouldn't be overweight now.

Yeah because with the weight he is now, he's not jumping anywhere!

Picturing him playing this role makes me laugh though.

they have a comercial of the movie like every 30minutes on channel fox5 wb11 and cbs (channels that r in nj)...

well i that picture of eminem fat never really got to me so i did some research just googled images then fat eminem and i got this
moz-screenshot-5.jpg

i thought em was done with movies....I think I remember on some show or interview after 8mile dropped he said he was done with doing movies (even though it washis first and last)...

I still need to see this movie!!!!!

Originally Posted by shoecrazy77

well i that picture of eminem fat never really got to me so i did some research just googled images then fat eminem and i got this
moz-screenshot-5.jpg

eek.gif
damn man he used to be 100 pounds wet with boots on.

i dont think hayden christensen is the most gifted actor in the world but i certainly think he is better than eminem. i havnt been hearing great things aboutthe movie to start wtih so i cant imagine if he was the lead actor, it probably would have been a huge bust.

the concept of the movie seemed cool

But when I seen Sam L with the Sisqo cut, I was like nooooooooo thanks

I couldn't see him playing the role tho. To me it seems a bit disney movie and he is too hardcore for that.

Originally Posted by shoecrazy77

moz-screenshot-5.jpg
lil' chain...if u got money like him you could atleast present yourself a little better, my dude need a stylist ASAP

Originally Posted by Dynasty Raider

Originally Posted by MrSneakerman

Maybe he wouldn't be overweight now.

Yeah because with the weight he is now, he's not jumping anywhere!

Picturing him playing this role makes me laugh though.

roll.gif
i doubt this is true

Back
Top Bottom