Eminem "Not Afriad" CDQ...Thizz face still on from the last freestyle

I'm like Em and his music but I can't really get into this song, not really feeling the hook or the beat that much. Lyrically he's still strong though and I still think the album will be good.

There will always be people who have differing opinions. Just ignore the comments if you dont agree, or construct a compelling counter-argument. That's it. Live and let live.
Back on topic.....

As a single this is 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

As a song from his album this is 
smile.gif
 . Its a good song to lead with and thats it. He displays lyricism and wit. It's not the best song Em has ever made, but it is the best first single he's ever put out IMO.

My Name Is

The Real Slim Shady

Without Me

Just Lose It

We Made You

Not Afraid

It's obvious which song is the best and why. And if this is the single I can only think that what he has in store for us on the rest of the album will make us all look like this 
indifferent.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif

It's not far fetched to say that at the level he's at this man can put out a classic album. Whoever said that his wordplay is what we need to focus on, hit the nail on the head. I've been listening to Em since SSLP, and wordplay was never his forte, but on this, and the Over/BBB freestyle, his wordplay his wordplay has been crazy. 

I still love this song.. I'm reaching 80 plays on my iPod.. at the point in my life that I'm at I needed something like this thats just positive.

Considering we usually get ******ed songs for singles this was a relief. My expectations for this album are beyond belief. If dude is really dropping the accent, and is just focused... it's gonna be something good.

this song is alright... i dunno why he is hitting high notes on the track but oh well...

the single came out yesterday night on itunes and it's already # 9... i see this going to #1 soon

Originally Posted by boricuachulo321

My Name Is

The Real Slim Shady
Without Me
Am I the minority when I say I would love for another song like these?

Originally Posted by bkmac

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by bkmac

Originally Posted by boricuachulo321

My Name Is

The Real Slim Shady
Without Me
Am I the minority when I say I would love for another song like these?

i HOPE so...
Those songs were fun as hell to listen to though.
im with you. I'll take all 3 of those before Just Lose It, We Made You, and Not Afraid. I'm not ready to just lump all the first singles into a group of $#+$@+ songs. Those first 3 are fun songs with lots of memorable lines.

i'm so glad i checked the music section today,
if not i would not have found out about this song
thanks NT
this song is ILL
pimp.gif

Verses were very good, chorus was corny, borderline garbage. I don't mind the singing i guess, but what stupid lyrics. Beat is okay, it isn't spectacular but atleast he didn't 'over do it' like boi-1da sometimes does. He stays with that same 5 snares per bar snare pattern
laugh.gif
Definitley not a bad choice for a first single but not a strong enough lead single either.

Looking forward to the album, confident it'll be a lot better than relapse.

Some of you need to calm down aswell.

Em's story kinda remarkable, thought dude was done 6ft deep in  hip hop after Encore and that one album, the Re-Up I thought he was go out on bottom but then comes back w/ Relapse, those Tim Westwood Freestyles, that diss to Mariah which is underappreciated, the despicable freestyle now this, I think he's actually flowing more better than his 2002 days or at least a solid consistent continuation
eek.gif

If he could make MMLP and ES under the influence, it's going to be scary to see how Recovery will sound.

Maybe the drugs (and the skits) were the only thing keeping him from AOY.

We shall see.

the more i listen to this song, the more i dislike the chorus and bridge...but the rest of the song is good.

Back
Top Bottom