Encyclopedia of Air Jordan sneakers - KICKSTARTER

If ur fan of Jordan and the sneakers it's worth it

Could have been done better with better quality kinda like recent retros but a must have for Jordan fans and sneaker connuesiers

it's ridiculous to buy a book for the same price that a pair of Retro's is going for.

Looks nice but i'll Google the pics of shoes for free if I really want to see them

Last edited:
This book has blurry pics, was never proof read (at least an average of 5 errors per page), mis printed/mis labeled shoes, cut off pages from printing, not in order, mis information. and the list goes on. I bought this book but would be embarrassed to show it to anyone who passed the 3rd grade and has any knowledge on air Jordan's.

Great idea however poorly executed.

Last edited:
Sounds like A bootleg type of book from everything I'm reading in here. I wanna pull the trigger but think I'm gonna pass. I know I'll regret later.

most cats here can look at the history of Jordan's by opening their closet

damn this book

especially at that price

This book has blurry pics, was never proof read (at least an average of 5 errors per page), mis printed/mis labeled shoes, cut off pages from printing, not in order, mis information. and the list goes on. I bought this book but would be embarrassed to show it to anyone who passed the 3rd grade and has any knowledge on air Jordan's.

That sounds terrible. :x

I wish it was. But it's far from it. Save your $$$

Thanks, post like these helped me

Last edited:
most cats here can look at the history of Jordan's by opening their closet

damn this book

especially at that price
What are they charging? Edit: 100 is rough. I pad 65 and that was a lot. It's like paying for a textbook. 

I'm going to hold my judgment until I get the book in my hands. One of the reasons why I was interested is because of Jumpman Bostic's influence on the book. I did see a review and it said there were no release dates under all the shoes.... that kinda sucks but we'll see. 

Jay started working on this 5 years ago with jumpman Bostic. A lot of the photos are from a lot of collectors archives. It's like a collective of the culture

Last edited:
View media item 1581083View media item 1581084View media item 1581085View media item 1581086
Got my book in today, just flipped to a few random pages and snapped some shots. Imo it's nice and worth it if you backed for $65
There are some errors, typos, misprints as people have stated but, overall it's cool to me. Great shots of various retros, og's and many other. For those wondering at all about other aspects of it, There's a price guide section for the going value of each specific Jordan. A slang/terminology guide for phrases, and words you may hear sneaker heads referring to in relation to Jordan's. Yes I and the average sneaker head with some time served in the culture would know majority of these things but imo still something good to have. Someone who wasn't in the know could pick it up and become somewhat well versed in JB sneaks lol.

Side note: will make a great add to the sneaker book collection with my sole provider from 02 which is also a good couple hundred pages

Just walked into the door and look what finally came in!
smokin.gif

About to watch the Blackhawks game so I'm gonna save it for later. : ) Can't wait to open this thang up!!!

Let Jordan Brand release an official one and only produce 500 copies and watch how much it goes for...

at least it would by made by jordan brand

i could see $50.00 $60.00 with the current mistakes with the book maybe even $100.00 if this was well made but with blurry pics and miss spellings in a $200.00 book

nah i'm good

Last edited:

Did you guys get any tracking number? Cause I sure didn't. Still waiting on mine.
Yea, I got my tracking number from jay emailed to me on june 6th. Arrived today. 

Did you join the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd print run?  Also did you fill out the survey he sent? 

Last edited:
Mine came in a couple of days ago. A lot of errors as previously mentioned, but I don't mind. I didn't buy this because I wanted to learn something new about Jordans. I just wanted to back a project I saw potential in. For a $65 Kickstarter its worth it.

I think some of NT's very own are featured throughout this book.... 

Anyone know if @dunksrnice  contributed to the compilation of photos?

Theres a reup with a previous backer discount going if anyone wants to reup on updated version and the calendar.

Was an early backer of the book just for the fun of it.
Projects like this give people meaning and can lead to better books in the future.

I think I was one of the top 10 backers.
Getting the name in the book was an added benefit.

Was an early backer of the book just for the fun of it.
Projects like this give people meaning and can lead to better books in the future.

I think I was one of the top 10 backers.
Getting the name in the book was an added benefit.
Same here man. As soon as I saw an article on his kickstarter I jumped on it. I remember last year he messaged me and told me that he's going to do a book on Air Force 1's. Now that book is gonna be insane!

Same here man. As soon as I saw an article on his kickstarter I jumped on it. I remember last year he messaged me and told me that he's going to do a book on Air Force 1's. Now that book is gonna be insane!

AF 1s would be kind of boring though.. The beauty of Jordans is how diverse their designs are but, yet, they still manage to keep their sense of identity as they are all tied to MJ... AF 1s lack design diversity, in that sense-although they probably have thousands of cws, at this point.

Back
Top Bottom