engagement /marriage thread.

We didnt do the garter thing

But also changed some other “conventional” wedding activities.

Some people want that “classic” wedding, some are more willing to buck tradition and modernize things. Im glad we were both aligned with the latter

At first you think that’s a blessing

I was scheduled for like 5 this year (thankfully only 2 ended up happening) , I don’t wanna imagine 16 in one damn summer.

Not even discussing if you or your girl are standing in the wedding - bachelor / bachelorette party costs.

Sheeeshhhh.

16 and we said no to 2 - 18 total invites

Every single weekend was basically traveling - I wanted to say no to more but my wife was in 5 of them and I was in 3 (so that’s 8 of them right there).

Did any of you fellas have your girl involved with picking of the engagement ring? Is that a new thing nowadays? Doesn’t that take away the element of surprise when you finally propose? I was reading on reddit how a chick helped picked out her ring, she wears it and takes pics with it and hasn’t even been proposed to yet. Am I wildin?

Last edited:
Did anyone of you fellas have your girl involved with picking of the engagement ring? Is that a new thing nowadays? Doesn’t that take away the element of surprise when you finally propose? I was reading on reddit how a chick helped picked out her ring, she wears it and takes pics with it and hasn’t even been proposed to yet. Am I wildin?

Yes - my wife went to our jeweler, sketched it all out. She wasn’t aware of when it was going to happen, if I bought it etc.

I proposed a year after she met with him - to be fair it was her family diamonds

I’ve had multiple friends literally have their now wife pick out the EXACT ring because they are so specific.

That’s definitely weird bro :lol:

I went to Robbins Brothers just to check out rings and give me an idea what type of ring she wanted, then later I went to my jeweler to have one made for her. She loved it.

I couldn’t imagine my girl wearing her engagement ring before I even propose to her. Seems like bad luck waiting to happen.
People do anything for attention these days though, so I’m not surprised.

That’s definitely weird bro :lol:

I went to Robbins Brothers just to check out rings and give me an idea what type of ring she wanted, then later I went to my jeweler to have one made for her. She loved it.

I couldn’t imagine my girl wearing her engagement ring before I even propose to her. Seems like bad luck waiting to happen.
People do anything for attention these days though, so I’m not surprised.

My wife didn’t wear it/know it was even made until I proposed a year later (again, she sketched out what she was looking for so it made it very simple).

I have a buddy who I guess his wife wore it OUT the store 😂😂

My wife told me when she knew she wanted to marry me what kind of ring she wanted.

I hacked into her Pinterest and saw her inspo board or whatever for engagement rings and they all looked very similar. So I knew what style she wanted.

The rest was all a surprise.

I understand people nowadays tho letting her be a part of it in some aspect, because that way there’s no worry on such a large purchase as far as “will she love it” or “will it fit” etc.

My wife told me when she knew she wanted to marry me what kind of ring she wanted.

I hacked into her Pinterest and saw her inspo board or whatever for engagement rings and they all looked very similar. So I knew what style she wanted.

The rest was all a surprise.

I understand people nowadays tho letting her be a part of it in some aspect, because that way there’s no worry on such a large purchase as far as “will she love it” or “will it dit” etc.

I recently heard a story where a girl made her dude go back and try again - I was 😂😂😂😂

My wife didn’t wear it/know it was even made until I proposed a year later (again, she sketched out what she was looking for so it made it very simple).

I have a buddy who I guess his wife wore it OUT the store 😂😂
wylin on your homie’s wife lmao

I had the damn jewelry shop keep it in their safe until 2 days before we left outta town the weekend I proposed. I had my best man take it, it never even went to my house :lol: something told me she woulda sniffed it out somehow

wylin on your homie’s wife lmao

I had the damn jewelry shop keep it in their safe until 2 days before we left outta town the weekend I proposed. I had my best man take it, it never even went to my house :lol: something told me she woulda sniffed it out somehow

Yeah I had my now mother in law hold it until the day before - man I planned a whole surprise party for a few hours after I proposed (friends flying in from everywhere to Santa Monica) - she never caught wind.

Night before we were at a wedding and while getting ready she was trying to give me the SHOT CLOCK - wanted to be like YOU WANT THE DAMN RING/ENGAGEMENT NOW?

I also kept trolling her - “make sure you dress up today” “you should get your nails done” for MONTHS before the proposal - gotta keep ‘em on their toes

Yeah I had my now mother in law hold it until the day before - man I planned a whole surprise party for a few hours after I proposed (friends flying in from everywhere to Santa Monica) - she never caught wind.

Night before we were at a wedding and while getting ready she was trying to give me the SHOT CLOCK - wanted to be like YOU WANT THE DAMN RING/ENGAGEMENT NOW?

I also kept trolling her - “make sure you dress up today” “you should get your nails done” for MONTHS before the proposal - gotta keep ‘em on their toes
About 8 months before I proposed I changed the pw on my phone cause I had texts with family and vendors about the proposal, details in my notes, pics / vids of the Diamond and ring.

She asked why I changed it about 5 months before the proposal and I told her it was for her benefit.. so she sorta “knew” it was coming but had no idea when.

luckily even to this day when I asked if she knew or had any idea she says no lol

About 8 months before I proposed I changed the pw on my phone cause I had texts with family and vendors about the proposal, details in my notes, pics / vids of the Diamond and ring.

She asked why I changed it about 5 months before the proposal and I told her it was for her benefit.. so she sorta “knew” it was coming but had no idea when.

luckily even to this day when I asked if she knew or had any idea she says no lol

I’m sure she did but that makes her even more so the RIGHT fit

I picked out my wife’s ring. I wanted to maintain that surprise element and thankfully she loved it. But I wouldn’t have had a problem if she wanted to get something else. She’s the one wearing it.

I picked out my wife’s ring. I wanted to maintain that surprise element and thankfully she loved it. But I wouldn’t have had a problem if she wanted to get something else. She’s the one wearing it.
See this I’m more understanding of. People can always upgrade.

Im glad i had an idea of what she liked/wanted but was still able to pick all the details and keep it a complete surprise

I really enjoyed researching rings and building it on blue nile. Gives you an insane collection of diamonds to examine and choose from. She started noticing all her friends yellow diamonds after i clued her in

Back
Top Bottom