Entrepreneurship Thread

MPLS612

formerly ame416
Couldn't find the last one..
nerd.gif

I'm very interested in starting a website that specializes in online free streaming HD videos, looking for web developers, students preferably, and advice. Has anyone on NT started thier own website?

Name some projects you have in mind or in progress, let's network NT!

Couldn't find the last one..
nerd.gif

I'm very interested in starting a website that specializes in online free streaming HD videos, looking for web developers, students preferably, and advice. Has anyone on NT started thier own website?

Name some projects you have in mind or in progress, let's network NT!

Get cracking on learning how to program/design a website, learning HTML. Dedicate lots of time.

And have decent money for pay. Don't be like that guy who tried to get someone to design his website on NT for $20.

Source: sister does web design part time at IU.

Get cracking on learning how to program/design a website, learning HTML. Dedicate lots of time.

And have decent money for pay. Don't be like that guy who tried to get someone to design his website on NT for $20.

Source: sister does web design part time at IU.

i'm gonna start an adult entertainment website,

we in this h_ like a tampon
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i'm gonna start an adult entertainment website,

we in this h_ like a tampon
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

somebody should put up some estimated numbers on how many websites are actually profitable .... i think digg.com (used to be pretty big time IMO) wasn't even profitable in its prime... most everybody tries to make money with advertising, usually by doing google adsense... and it normally doesn't cover the webhosting, maintenance, and initial programming costs. if i'm wrong let me know, especially if you have your own site.

somebody should put up some estimated numbers on how many websites are actually profitable .... i think digg.com (used to be pretty big time IMO) wasn't even profitable in its prime... most everybody tries to make money with advertising, usually by doing google adsense... and it normally doesn't cover the webhosting, maintenance, and initial programming costs. if i'm wrong let me know, especially if you have your own site.

my two month experience with trying to make money on a website in 2007 went something like:

learned to do html, php, ajax, and tried to learn but was terrible at making graphics with some macromedia program (fireworks i think?)
and i should mention i didn't enjoy learning any of that stuff

the financials of the site were basically

+$100 (approx)of ad revenue per months (w/ google adsense)
- $20 (approx) webhosting cost
====
$80 a month profit excluding the wages i should have paid myself

so it seemed like i was making money .. but really i wasn't b.c i was spending so much time on the site when i could have been getting paid $10 an hr or whatever

plus my idea of fun is not sitting in front of a computer trying to get everything to work out in all the different web browsers and stuff

if you want more info I know people that still operate web businesses who would probably talk with you about it

my two month experience with trying to make money on a website in 2007 went something like:

learned to do html, php, ajax, and tried to learn but was terrible at making graphics with some macromedia program (fireworks i think?)

====

so it seemed like i was making money .. but really i wasn't b.c i was spending so much time on the site when i could have been getting paid $10 an hr or whatever

plus my idea of fun is not sitting in front of a computer trying to get everything to work out in all the different web browsers and stuff

if you want more info I know people that still operate web businesses who would probably talk with you about it

Originally Posted by tiggerwoods

====

who did you use for hosting?

Originally Posted by tiggerwoods

====

who did you use for hosting?

My advice is stay off the internet with your ideas.

Do your research and make sure that you're vague when telling people what you're doing, if at all. Not to say you can't trust people, but you never know who's listening.

Good luck in seeing your plans come to fruition.

Back
Top Bottom