====== EPIC Flyknit Series ======

I think the sole looks fine but I can definitely see how it would throw people off.

I'm just not feeling how they used multi-colored collars for some of the colorways... looks like an old carpet.

As a frequent runner, I don't see how the sock liner would benefit my run....in fact the thick sole (albeit light) won't do much to improve my run either.

The Yellow cw is :smokin

Maybe the thick sole is Nike's answer to Hoka's MAXIMIST approach?

Last edited:
As a frequent runner, I don't see how the sock liner would benefit my run....in fact the thick sole (albeit light) won't do much to improve my run either.

Yeah they're just gonna sell the shoe as being like a 'second skin' with that collar (i.e. a gimmick)

Is the sole supposed to be an updated version of the Lunarlon tech or just an updated appearance?

As much as I like the Yellow cw, I'm pretty confident that these'll hit the outlets. These aren't going to attract that many casual wearers (Team Cozy) like the FKRs...

I kind of digging these, not sure about the traction though, looks like it'll be dangerous even on the slightly damp smooth floors.

The new sockliner seems to be trending for a couple of signature lines; Koston, KD8 elite, etc...

Funny how these shoes are getting credit for it when it has been in use with soccer shoes for a while now. Even to this day, many people do not even know the Superfly Mercurials are based off soccer shoes. Not just saying it's just here but I do see it all over the place.

I feel like this is something you really cannot judge from pics alone. We don't know how well those soles will perform, as @ILLustRAYt stated, it could be an answer to Hokas sole. I mean who would have guessed that those Skecher-esque creeper sole would make for one of the best running shoes in years?

As for the sockliner, for soccer it is suppose to provide a better lock down fit, I don't play soccer so I am not sure if it is a placebo effect but many loves their Nike soccer cleats.

Last edited:
RFX: I don't follow soccer, so I had no idea. :/

Are these Lunar 3's replacements or a whole new model? That midsole is super chunky...

Innovators in the MAXIMIST tech (chunky soles), HOKA...

I know MANY runners co-sign them.

I own one pair, the Clifton1s. They seriously make the latest Pegasus feel like cardboard. I'm really looking forward to trying the Lunar Epics, if they are, indeed, Nike's answer to Hoka.

Last edited:
To speak on how the sock-liner might feel, I imagine it's just a higher version of what they have on the free 3.0s right now. The issue with this, I guess, is the shoe itself has structure and the collar is the only portion that is elastic knit, whereas the 3.0s are all elastic and squeeze the hell out of your foot. 

But I have to say, I was hating on these earlier in the week, but now that I'm seeing them in different CW's, I'm really loving the potential here. Hope they hit outlets like iLLustrayt is saying. 

I wonder how long it will take to bottom out.
Most Nike's I've run with have taken anywhere from 350-500 before dying. But my experience is that Zoom core stuff tends to last longer, because part of the LunarFoam appeal is the plush bounce and once that's gone the ride is much rougher. Hard to say, though. 

Nike locations are opening slots to buy the shoe early tomorrow morning. Nike LA just tweeted out for all the Nike Running stores in the SoCal area

Signed up but I gotta know the price before I'm sure

Last edited:
I wonder how long it will take to bottom out.

Most Nike's I've run with have taken anywhere from 350-500 before dying. But my experience is that Zoom core stuff tends to last longer, because part of the LunarFoam appeal is the plush bounce and once that's gone the ride is much rougher. Hard to say, though. 

Yeah man Vomeros last pretty long due to that cushlon and zoom set up. I just hate how they look.

These look fire to me and I hope they improved the lunarlon for durability.

I have no insider info, but I wouldn't be surprised if these are the first shoe that Nike sells nationally with the "My stride" insole footbeds. Based on that thick sole and the pattern on the outsole which looks very similar to the bottom of the "my strides". It allows you to customize your ride with either zoom or lunar cushioning, different heel to toe offsets, and more or less support.
View media item 1936045

Last edited:

I've run in a variety of Lunars since their debut. Most have lasted really long to average for me (LunarEclipse with 1,100mi, LunarTrainer 500mi, LR3 ~400mi), but some have also lasted less than 300mi (Flyknit Lunar 1). I think the range you mentioned is a good estimation. I recall these having an MSRP of $175, so they better last more than 500mi!

Yeah man Vomeros last pretty long due to that cushlon and zoom set up. I just hate how they look.

These look fire to me and I hope they improved the lunarlon for durability.

Which Vomeros are you running in? Personally, I love how the V10s look!

I want a pair of these to work out in 
nthat.gif
, I feel like these will be super comfortable, and I am excited to try out the high collar.

Back
Top Bottom