====== EPIC Flyknit Series ======

I want some nikelab lows

How's stability on these?

Last edited:
Last edited:
View media item 1956939
View media item 1956940
Wore these today while running around at work, got to take some pics during my break. Have to say they are really comfortable. Can't wait for more colorways! I went .5 size up (10.5) then my tts (10.0).

Wish my triple backs that I purchased from DSMNY could be exchanged for 10.5, but since I'll use them for casual wear it's not so bad.

Anyone else getting blisters on their Achilles from where the sock meets the stiff part of the heel? That point is bending inwards and rubbing against my Achilles. :frown:

Everything else about this shoe is perfect, sigh. 

View media item 1955869

Sorry bro but @David Choi
 is right. As someone who's been actually running in these for the past two weeks, I can honestly say that it would be very hard to run in a low version of this current Flyknit design. The shoe would be way too loose. The sock collar actually helps integrate an otherwise loose and unstable bottom part of the shoe to your shin making it just an extension of your leg. That is why they had to beef up the low version and make it look like an AF1 because just chopping the collar off the highs would not be as functional from a running standpoint. 

I know some people run in the Free Flyknits and can get away with a very minimal upper but that does not represent the majority of runners out there. The Epics are also higher off the ground and more prone to rolling an ankle than the Frees which would call for more lockdown and better support out of a low cut model. 

If you think the sock collar is annoying then you may have been trying on the wrong size. 

I m not a runner but if u can run in a shoe that is like part of your foot. Thats lunarepics. For the low version, theres really no point of having it in the market. They arent basketball shoes.

Last edited:
Tried these on at NY and the comfort alone is making me do a double take. Its super comfy, a lot different feeling than the UB. Only thing that bothers me is that it feels a bit off the ground. Other than that...sheesh. Dont know which is more comfy, these or UB's but thats a good dilemma to have.

Tried my TTS and it felt fine.

Change of heart, bruh?! Lol

They look a lot better in person, I always thought they looked chunky (midsole) from pics. Its cool how those lines in the midsole are actually functional as opposed to just looks which I thought, and how it compresses is interesting. Def gonna get one of the hookups to throw em the oop for a pair cause $175+ tax is not the biz. :lol:

Does anyone have a pair of the Nikelab Lunarepic Flyknits (all black) in a size 11.5 US that they're looking to sell? Desperately searching for a pair. Please message me if you do! 

Last edited:
Does anyone have a pair of the Nikelab Lunarepic Flyknits in a size 11.5 US that they're looking to sell? Desperately searching for a pair. Please message me if you do! 

You can make them on nikeid if you're interested.

You can make them on nikeid if you're interested.
I know. I considered it, but the outsole isn't the same (plus the sneakerhead in me just really wants the Nikelab pair 
glasses.gif
)

Do the insoles fit in flyknit racers? Curious to put the 6mm in a pair for more cushion. 

Anyone else getting blisters on their Achilles from where the sock meets the stiff part of the heel? That point is bending inwards and rubbing against my Achilles. :frown:

Everything else about this shoe is perfect, sigh. 

Yep I'm struggling with this problem bigtime. It's only after wearing them for several hours. I don't think it's the socks but I'm going to find some ankle socks that will still be below the shoe but will cover where the blister is.

I know. I considered it, but the outsole isn't the same (plus the sneakerhead in me just really wants the Nikelab pair 
glasses.gif
)
What's the difference? I have Nikelabs and was getting butthurt about the exclusivity going up in smoke until you said this...

The outsole looks exactly the same on NIKE ID, am I missing something?

Last edited:
Ran the Oakland Marathon next to a guy with these on. First of all, they looked GREAT. He told me that he could really feel the sipping expanding and contracting, and that it helped absorb the impact, especially on the steep downhills of the course. He did mention that the collar was rubbing on his achilles, though. He went a half size up. Just thought I'd share, someone put a full 26.2 on them! 

Good to know! I'll definitely put miles on a GR pair. The iDs, on the other hand, will be strictly for casual wear. [emoji]128523[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom