Epilepsy ... anyone else ?

Morning, hello…how are things?
0E405D37-3738-451B-A250-AB23014DDA9D.gif

Putting God 1st.

Thought I posted in here already but I’m currently on Keppra ER rite now for a diagnosis. My first known episode was on my first day at a new job just a couple months before this 🧵 was made.

Had a recent episode early December and my med levels were low :smh:

Didn’t know Kepprage is a thing but I may have been dealing w/ it all along. Punched a hole in my door out of frustration when my sleep was cut short TWICE the other morning.

The fatigue is real but I fight it whenever possible. I think I should be taking advantage of some benefits but haven’t begun to look into it.

10 years, to me, sounds encouraging since I’ve been told this a lifelong battle. Gotta stay fully dosed everyday and I don’t even drink these days. Never giving up the tree cuz that is my other medicine for it too.

Thanks for sharing OP

Thought I posted in here already but I’m currently on Keppra ER rite now for a diagnosis. My first known episode was on my first day at a new job just a couple months before this 🧵 was made.

Had a recent episode early December and my med levels were low :smh:

Didn’t know Kepprage is a thing but I may have been dealing w/ it all along. Punched a hole in my door out of frustration when my sleep was cut short TWICE the other morning.

The fatigue is real but I fight it whenever possible. I think I should be taking advantage of some benefits but haven’t begun to look into it.

10 years, to me, sounds encouraging since I’ve been told this a lifelong battle. Gotta stay fully dosed everyday and I don’t even drink these days. Never giving up the tree cuz that is my other medicine for it too.

Thanks for sharing OP

yeah man that Keppra could be the worst thing for some. soon as i talked to my dr and mentioned what was going on he changed my meds immediately. put me on mood stabilizer which really has been the best outta everything, Lamotrigine is the name of it. i honestly haven't had one since last june and been overall feeling like they've gone away for good. i know the likelihood of them being gone is a stretch but i've been sleeping 8 hrs, sorta changed my diet and tried to do some exercise when i'm not too tired from work. all that and the DBS surgery has calmed everything pretty good so far. if anyone is interested in DBS surgery it's 2 electric prods planted in your brain in which the dr can control electric volts to calm your brain's activity. they locate where the seizures are most active and tune the machine to send electricity to calm your brain down. look it up more on google, they'll be able to explain it better. these are the pics of the surgery and where everything is planted.

Screenshot_20211010-223004_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211010-222952_Chrome.jpg

the top shows the prods that go into my brain and the bottom shows where they're connected to a battery in my chest ( sorry if the pics are huge ).

like i said my particular case was extreme at the time i did this but it has gotten alot better. if u feel yours is as bad definitely do some research and maybe even mention it to your dr.

as always my NT fam, all the best ....

Glad things have been better & the implant is already making some sense even tho I had no ideer about it before. Yea, I’m gonna get more answers starting next week w/ a long overdue appointment for another EEG.

I’m down for less meds and don’t think I even need this high a dosage but I hadn’t been a very good boy as mentioned so they upped it in the visit.

Only been there once since the initial incident so that’s a good sign. I’m never aware when it happens but they had been in the morning. I may start to sweat profusely beforehand or during if anything.

Best to the rest, indeed!

I had seizures bad up until I was like 8. My son ended up having them. My older sister has epilepsy and it was bad at one point. She got into 2 accidents because she had seizures and couldn’t drive for a while. Whatever meds she’s on, it’s been a few years since she’s had an episode. Could be keppra because sometimes shes an evil mfer.

yeah man that Keppra could be the worst thing for some. soon as i talked to my dr and mentioned what was going on he changed my meds immediately. put me on mood stabilizer which really has been the best outta everything, Lamotrigine is the name of it. i honestly haven't had one since last june and been overall feeling like they've gone away for good. i know the likelihood of them being gone is a stretch but i've been sleeping 8 hrs, sorta changed my diet and tried to do some exercise when i'm not too tired from work. all that and the DBS surgery has calmed everything pretty good so far. if anyone is interested in DBS surgery it's 2 electric prods planted in your brain in which the dr can control electric volts to calm your brain's activity. they locate where the seizures are most active and tune the machine to send electricity to calm your brain down. look it up more on google, they'll be able to explain it better. these are the pics of the surgery and where everything is planted.

Screenshot_20211010-223004_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211010-222952_Chrome.jpg

the top shows the prods that go into my brain and the bottom shows where they're connected to a battery in my chest ( sorry if the pics are huge ).

like i said my particular case was extreme at the time i did this but it has gotten alot better. if u feel yours is as bad definitely do some research and maybe even mention it to your dr.

as always my NT fam, all the best ....
Soo ur a bionic :evil:

In all seriousness I’m glad u r feeling better mate

Friends all call me Robocop :smokin

Didn't even realize the surgery costs 500 grand. Thank god for insurance.

Thx again fam ..

Came across this thread while looking for the thread about dogs

Hoping for the best for everyone dealing with episodes

My pup started having seizures like end of August maybe mid September

He’s having them like every two weeks
Had one this morning at like 1am and then goes through a series of short episodes

Caught him in the backyard messing with a frog and thought it might be toad poisoning
Took him to the vet and she gave me a prescription for the seizures that I was waiting before getting filled but now I’m pretty sure he is epileptic

Edit: Just wanted to add by no means am I comparing or equating the impact that seizures have on humans with an animal. Just sharing my current day experience.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom